December 22, 2014 | 1810 users online

Styling Products - Sexy Hair Concepts - Smooth and Protect Flat Iron Hairspray

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2014 6:01:00 AM More reviews by Lauraasti

I am so torn on this product! I want to like it so much. It does what it's supposed to do, but I hate the way it makes my hair feel. I was on the market for an aerosol heat-protecting spray that didn't leave a nasty build-up on my scalp or leave my hair lifeless like my previous spray did. I've tried numerous Sexy Hair products in the past and have always been highly impressed with its quality as a brand. My faith in the brand and the mountains of positive reviews on this product made it the front-runner on my list of straightening/heat protection sprays to try. For the record, I am currently a box-dyed redhead and only wash my hair 2-3 times per week.
First, the bottle is small for a $17 product, but a little seems to go a long way and it dries very fast. The scent is pleasant and doesn't stick to my hair after straightening. I put this on freshly washed, dry hair. I noticed immediately that it felt WAXY, both on my hand and in my hair. That was an immediate red flag, especially for someone who doesn't wash their hair on a daily basis (and a naturally oily scalp to begin with). I'm sure it protected my hair from my styling tools because of it's waxy texture. It did help straighten my hair and didn't seem to weigh it down as much as my previous spray. My hair stayed pretty straight for most of the day and only a slight bit of my natural wave came back the next day after i slept on my hair. So it absolutely does its job, but I don't think this is for me. The feel of my hair by the time I was done was closer to second-day hair, rather than freshly washed and styled hair (I call it end-of-first-day hair). There wasn't much build-up on my scalp (I never put products on my scalp to begin with, but residue still happens). My hair was soft and easy to manage after use, despite the fact that I felt kind of dirty after using it. It was easy to pull off, since I have very choppy, piecey layers in my hair, however it made my side-swept bangs look AWFUL. Very greasy and difficult to re-style with dry shampoo, teasing, hairspray, etc. They looked like I hadn't showered in days. Luckily, I was going to a Christmas party and was able to throw on a Santa hat and worry about it later. I didn't even use much on my bangs, they just clumped together in greasy sections. It's not uncommon for my hair to feel slightly dirty on the second day after being washed and using products, but I did notice my hair, while still straight, soft, and slightly manageable, felt much greasier on the second day after using this product only once. This might be a product better for dry hair. I'm very sad it didn't work well for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2013 10:31:00 PM More reviews by allhoney

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I no longer wanted to use the non-aerosol sprays for flat ironing, they stayed wet and sticky on my hair, the nozzles would clog and I was not getting my hair to stay flat. I finally got Smooth & Protect and I was so delighted! It smells so good (my husband likes it), it made my hair shiny and if feels good. But most of all, I feel like I have control with the spraying and my hair stayed flat and straight all day! It made flat ironing easier and it seems to cut the timing too. I will wait when it is on sale, it is pricey but it's soooo worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2012 9:52:00 PM More reviews by chrisrach

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Awesome product! Does what it says, smells awesome and lasts a long time! I highly recommend!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2012 10:13:00 AM More reviews by GetLowxX

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is good stuff! I use this with my GHD flat iron and couldn't ask for better results-it protects my hair from the heat, leaves it shiny, frizz free and not greasy looking at all! I had been using a heat protectant from GHD and I didn't like the overpowering smell and how wet it made my hair after I sprayed it on. This flat iron spray is a dry spray, which doesn't turn my dry hair wet and keeps it stick straight. The smell is pleasant and not overpowering. It doesn't take me as long to flat iron my hair now with this spray. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2011 7:03:00 PM More reviews by pinkchopsticks

This stuff smells amazing. it gives th perfect amount of shine without being greasy and protects my hair from 450 degree flat iron!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 2:32:00 AM More reviews by shakeuptampa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I used to manage a beauty salon. This item was not released while I was there. So in turn I have tried a ton of flat iron sprays. None compare to this one! The can lasts forever, it mists on lightly, helps flyaways, and smells AMAZING! I get compliments on the scent of my hair every time I flat iron. The cost is about 15.99 but it will last you if used correctly. I had a bottle swiped by a room mate when she fell in love with it. It will not leave your hair sticky, stiff, or smelling burned. I pray that they never discontinue this product or I will be highly depressed! A must try for anyone who flat irons often!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ylrebmik7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I received this as a free bonus with the Straight Sexy Hair Smooth and Seal Anti-Frizz and Shine spray. I like both products and I plan to buy them both again. I have straight, highlighted hair and now that I'm over 40, I feel like I need some shine, esp. with the color treatments. These products add shine without weighing my hair down. I use the Anti-Frizz when I curl my hair and the Flat Iron when I Flat Iron. Both products leave my hair feeling very soft and bouncy. As a bonus, the fragrance smells awesome - just a little perfumey like you walked out of the salon. I normally don't like perfume smell on my hair - it often smells cheap, but I think this stuff smells salon sexy!