April 16, 2014 | 2037 users online

Lipstick - Burberry - nude beige

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by firesyren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought this would be a useful 'nude' look when worn with a smoky eye. I used to wear a Revlon nude lipstick that worked well for this purpose. Sadly, I think my needs have changed as I've aged because this type of color just isnt working for me. I am N10-ish, wear the lightest foundation shade in most lines, neutral undertones. This nude beige color looks silly on me. It looks as if I'm playing with makeup and trying to look like a zombie, worse than concealer lips, because even this isn't a concealer color. Nude beige seems to have a slight gray undertone on me and that makes this look corpse-like obvious. I cant get it to look smooth, even with balm underneath. The color looks like its applied unevenly, even when the lipstick itself hasnt. Interestingly I tried this paired with a variety of smoky eyes (gray, warm brown, cool brown, taupe) and it just didn't look good at any time. I cannot recommend this shade really to anyone. The formula however is nice, doesn't dry out my lips. I will try this line again, only in a more pigmented shade.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 1:40:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I love the formula of this lipstick. It is similar to the MAC cremesheen formula but slightly drier/less sheen. This can be layered to be opaque and has no bad taste/odor like some brands. Also, the packaging is very high quality. The lid twists on and is held secure by a magnet, so that it would not come off when it is in your purse.

However, this color makes my lips look completely washed out despite the fact that I have a tanned complexion (NC 35-40). At first, I thought it was the lighting but I have been using this everyday for over a month, so I have had the chance to see this shade in all types of lighting. Whenever I put this on, I look like I'm sick and pale, so I have had to layer a pink gloss over top of this to bring some color back to my face.

Overall, I love the formula but I would recommend this in another shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by cocotendre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lipstick, i have to agree that it is a very light pale lipstick, but on those with red pigmented lips like myself it shows up as a beautiful light pink. The texture is AMAZING! It is light weight and sheer but at the same time very pigmented and it stays on for hours! My lips are dry and this product does not flake, it actually moisturises. I can compare it to MAC - Creme d Nude, but this lipstick is way better because it feels less thick but gives just as much colour and it is a little less beige, more pink. Try it!
CONS: Packaging looks pretty cool, it's actually magnetic but i find that the magnet sometimes doesn't work properly and i have to twist it around to actually get the lid back on!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2010 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Josie4468

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

This nude is VERY pale, and would not work for a lot of skin tones. It does seem very moisturizing, but for an overall look not very flattering although the nude beige gloss is divine! Since most of us have to order Burberry without the benefit of a counter to try on, just be aware this one is light. For a similar look, Nars Honolulu Honey is more flattering...