October 24, 2014 | 1672 users online

Powders - Cover Girl - Pocket Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by rrrkadirka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was recently reunited with this powder, and I think I've found my HG. I used this long ago, when I was like fifteen years old and first started to experiment with makeup. I liked it then, but like most makeup junkies, I strayed and tried new things. I've since been on the lookout for something new, and after scanning the makeup aisles at my local WalMart, I came across this little gem. I saw that it's labeled as "shine" and "oil" control, and that instantly attracted me to it. I do have oily skin, esp. in my t-zone. I love the scent of this stuff, and the coverage can be built up to a nice, medium coverage if you use the sponge it comes with, or you can set your foundation by using a fluffy brush. On light, lazy days, this is wonderful by itself. And on the days I want a fuller coverage, I like to layer this over my liquid foundations. It wears beautifully over Benefit's Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow. Will definitely continue to purchase.
x

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2012 12:48:00 AM More reviews by pishtosh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite powder - I've been buying it now for at least a few years and have gone through probably about 10 compacts. I have pretty oily skin and like a powder that keeps me matte but not chalky. For me, this powder is almost perfect. It has a very decent amount of coverage (I believe it's marketed as a powder foundation, though I use it for setting my liquid foundation) which I love because it allows me to use less concealer. It never seems to look cakey and lasts very well throughout the day - it doesn't turn patchy or wear off on my t-zone, and it's great for touch-ups. I have acne-prone skin and this doesn't break me out. I keep coming back to it. It's less than 10 dollars which is great. In Canada, I can only find it at Wal-Mart for some reason. My only complaints: I don't care for the packaging, half the compact contains the powder, the other half is a vented spot for the sponge it comes with. I wish there was more product - I seem to go through it quite quickly, though I've never compared the amount of product to other drug store pressed powders. I will continue to repurchase, and I would highly recommend this to all oily-skinned girls, though I'm sure I'll stray and try other powders, as we makeup junkies do.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Great for touching up pink cheeks in the afternoon!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 3:46:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm suprised by how much I really love this product. I use this every day at work after lunch to touch up. I swipe it on, it absorbs the oilies and looks flawless. I add some extra blush and I am set for th rest of the afternoon.

I will repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2010 11:09:00 AM More reviews by PixiesMama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm surprised by how much I really, really like this! The packaging does actually call it a foundation, so that's interesting... in light of that, I actually tried it yesterday as a foundation and was uber-impressed! it covers my uneven skin and gives a nice flawless finish. If I want more coverage (for a night out or something), I think I might try it with a damp sponge as someone else suggested. It also works well for touch-ups, obviously. The jury is still out on how well it controls shine, but given the ease of use and the coverage, I will definitely buy this again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 9:34:00 PM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have this in Ivory and it would be HG if the shade matched! It's just a smidge too deep on my NC20 skin. It is an awesome powder that covers pores exceptionally well and mattifies nicely. I get very even, long-lasting coverage from this powder. The packaging is cute - nice blue compact with mirror and sponge. It secures with a satisfying click. The price is so great. What a bargain! I'm sad I can't find a shade match.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 8:46:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used this as a powder since high school it perfects everything foundation and concealer might have missed. I switch between this and loreal true match powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2009 7:29:00 PM More reviews by IceCreamNCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Pretty good stuff for a cheapie. I'm desperate looking for my favorite foundation, and have tried $$$$ (Laura Mercier, Benefit, Bobbi Brown) and $ (CG, Neutrogena, Sonia Kashuk, Revlon). This is one of the best ones I've found yet. It covers up my redness which is what I'm looking for, just a light coverage. It covers enough but does not cover my freckles which is an indication that it's not too heavy. It doesn't sink into my pores or make me look like a ghost. The scent is pleasant and it's easy to swirl onto the brush. I would recommend this for girls with nice skin already as it will not cover up acne well. Also good for my sensitive girls out there, it doesn't make my skin itch like most powders do! Wow! Deducted one lipstick because the packaging is kind of ugly and cheap looking, but who cares?

**EDIT** The colors run a teeny bit light, even the lightest color (Ivory-605) was too light for my uber-fair skin (MAC N4), so I bought the next color up (Classic Ivory - 610). I've realized this is FABULOUS for oil control, my skin is super oily in some areas and this kept me oil free for hours and hours.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by youdroppedabalmonme

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I took off a lippie for the shade selection. Even in the lightest shade, Ivory, this is just a smidge too deep for my skin, and all the shades have a bit too much pink and not enough yellow. But the very slight shade discrepancy doesn't keep me from stocking up on this because for the price point, it's the best powder I've tried.

The sponge works very well for applying the product evenly and smoothly, and it's full coverage-- easily works as foundation, and that's how I use it most days. Haven't had any issues with my sensitive, acne-prone skin. I do have to retouch once or twice during the day, but I do that with every brand of powder. Leaves a matte, silky finish. Me likey!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2009 8:42:00 AM More reviews by guardbabie09

I get bored with using the same kind of make up for a long time so every time I go back I try a different thing. However as I get older (and have to spend the money ive worked for) I realize to stick with what I know. I love this make up and have been using it for at least 6 years. While I have strayed I also go back to this one!