April 17, 2014 | 1565 users online

Treatments - ASAP Clearskin Gel

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2013 6:59:00 AM More reviews by TB1234

I was given the cold sell on this product with a microderm at Essential Beauty. I was very excited to use this proyduct as I'd had quite a nasty hormonal breakout. It did work the first night and dried the offenders out - but I found that it also broke me out. It may have been too strong, or perhaps my acne was too strong at that point in time - however- the one thing I think that works the best (I don't know why there is no tab to write a review on the product which is why I signed up at MUA) is the Skin Doctors Gamma Hydroxy. It makes the texture of your skin SO much smoother, and I really think it is helping clear my acne. It does feel a little greasy on your skin the first couple of days, but stick with it, as it's just your skin adjusting. MUA. Please please make a spot for this product to be reviewed!
As far as the clear skin gel is concerned, its great to use in conjunction with the Gamma Hydroxy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Meleh

I've just bought my second tube of Clearskin Gel, I love it! It has made a HUGE difference to my skin. Since using this product my hormonal acne has gotten so much better, and the breakouts I do still get seem to heal/disappear a lot faster. It's gradually fading my acne scars, and I've noticed my skin is a lot smoother and less congested. I use this twice daily, morning I apply then leave it to dry before applying oil free moisturizer and makeup. At night I apply it before bed. I don't experience any irritation from it. Would definitely recommend this product to anyone suffering from acne/congested skin/scarring etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:20:00 PM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I've gone through a few bottles of this now. I'm somewhat sporadic with its use but there's no doubt that when I use this regularly my skin is in better condition. I've been using it nightly the last couple of weeks and my skin really does seem less congested, more even toned and its slowly clearing up.
Essentially this is an AHA/BHA gel designed to lift sebum from skin cells and exfoliate. It can sometimes sting on application and make my skin the tiniest bit itchy but I guess you get that with these ingredients. It doesn't happen all the time and when it does, it calms down quickly and is solved entirely by layering an aloe gel or similar on top.
Anyway, the results! This gel certainly does make my skin smoother and prevents pimples quite well, as well as speeding up the life-cycle of present pimples. When I'm not using this, blemishes take forever to reach a head then heal but with this gel they are completely gone within a few days. The exfoliating properties are excellent; my skin is a lot smoother and less congested and red post-pimple marks fade faster. The general tone and evenness of my skin has improved wonderfully. My blackheads are gradually fading too.
When I first used this a few years ago, my skin dried out quite a bit and I was flaky. However, I was told to expect this and after a week or two my skin had adjusted and started looking great. Like I said, I now use this nightly and all over my face with no problems but I recommend those unaccustomed to AHAs/BHAs or with sensitive skin to build up to full use and start out as a spot treatment. Also, you can't wear this under makeup or during the day as it doesn't fully sink into your skin, living a film a bit like a peel-off mask.
Clearskin Gel isn't a miracle product. You do notice quick results when you first use it but then the visible improvements are more gradual. The best gradual effect is on scars and post-pimple marks. You won't notice them disappearing over night but give it one or two months and you'll realise just how much they've faded! I still get pimples but I've definitely noticed that using this product has made them far less severe. I've gone from someone with constant, large breakouts and obvious clogged pores to someone whose acne is only mild and otherwise has fairly clear skin. I certainly wouldn't be without this in my bathroom draw.

NOTE: I contacted the company to find out the percentage of glycolic and salicylic acids present in the product. 15.5% glycolic complex and 2% salicylic. The rest of the ingredients are reassuringly simple; other than the AHAs and BHAs, it's just water, green tea and bilberry extracts and a thickening agent.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 12/30/2011 5:12:00 AM More reviews by rigantona

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have recently had a terrible flare up of hormonal acne and had heard great things about the ASAP Clearskin Gel here and on other forums.

Whilst i think this product does work well for generally exfoliating and drying out acne, i think that for some skin, like mine, it is way too harsh. I went from simple hormonal outbreak to additional dry, scaly patches and my skin was a wierd combination of woefully dehydrated and overly oily.

I did try to vary my application, i.e. every day, then every second day then 3 times per week, then once per week, but nothing helped alleviate the irritation.

So, in a nutshell, i definitely think this product does exactly what it claims to do, however, those with sensitive skin should use with extreme caution and re-hydrate appopriately.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by staceybrennan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this product for 6 months on a daily basis concentrating on the congestion on my skin. About once a week or so I will go to sleep with it slathered across my entire face. I've noticed a significant difference - I barely have any skin problems now. I highly recommend this product!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2010 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Inca78

I used this product a while ago, and while I am an advocate for the ASAP range (cleanser, exfoliator, serum and moisturiser are AMAZING) I am kind of indifferent about this gel. I didnt notice a major improvement, but I didnt notice anything worsening. I also probably didnt use it as it was supposed to be, as I onyl used it once every week or so.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by Shamisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this on my chin for a few weeks now.
I think that initially it made my congestion improve. I'm not so sure if it's continuing to improve or not though. It's not getting worse at least.

EDIT I started using this again lately and I do think my skin is doing better than it used to. I'm just applying it on my chin where I get congestion and my congestion does seem to be improving.