October 22, 2014 | 1840 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte - Exquisite Plum #22

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2012 2:15:00 PM More reviews by agurlcanmac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow... I love these lipsticks! I love how the color is so intense and Sexy. This color is so awesome. I usually go sand wear mac products but I am so impressed with the other lines out there like Nars etc. that I now l am hooked!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by makeupmom4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is highly pigmented, and goes on very smooth. The lipstick is creamy and perfect. The color lasted me all day, by staining my lips.

The packaging is beautiful, and all the reviews I've read say there's a built-in mirror on the case, but none of my recent YSL lipstick purchases have that.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 8:44:00 AM More reviews by alabaster

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally wanted 12 Forbidden Burgundy but when i tested it on me it was a neon red violet that looked really cheap. The seemingly goth dark 22 Exquisite Plum instantly brightened my pale face and settled a deep mysterious burgundy.

Reference : I am an NC 20 Asian with yellow undertones. Most lipsticks turn orange-y or bright cheap pink on me as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by blubutterfly04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my first YSL purchase. I will admit I was very hesitant due to the hefty price tag. The formula is amazing, long-lasting and sooooo creamy. Exquisite Plum is the perfect berry color for this season.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by slimchicklovesMAC

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mostly use MAC lipsticks. I don't really care for d/s brands because I don't find most of the shades flattering to my skintone and you can't try them out before you buy. I really like MAC (plus I use alot of other MAC products and get the lippies free with B2M), but wanted to branch out.
So I got some YSL @ discount from ACW. They had a nice finish and lasted a long time. Much longer than I an use to with MAC or any other lipstick. Then, I decided to buy some others during the Sephora FF sale. I tested a few in store and ordered one online the #22. It is an amazing deep plum. The lipstick is super moisturizing, but doesn't slid or move around. It stays put even though it is so soft. I thought after my morning coffee it would be gone. There was quite a bit of it on the cup, so I thought oh well, $30 wasted, but after I glanced in a mirror later that day I noticed by my lips were still the pretty plum color that I applied that morning!! This l/s is the business!!! It really lasted a long time and I did not apply a primer or anything. I did use a lip liner (night moth by MAC).

I applied this when I got to work about 7am and when I got home that night around 7pm I still had a hint of color on my lips and I did not reapply at all. I really like this, and I'm thinking of becoming a HE l/s snob LOL!!!!

The packaging is soooo pretty!!! A nice gold case with YSL around the barrell etched in gold letters with the lippie shade in the background. The case has some weight to it also. Not too heavy, but you know your holding something. It's also nice to pull out of your purse in public (if you had to re-apply). And it has the most wonderful scent!! It smells fruity, and sweet. It smells like something you should eat, like a piece of grape candy, but it has no flavor.