July 29, 2014 | 1943 users online

Blush - Hard Candy - Hide & Glow Cheek Duo Tint

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2013 2:38:00 PM More reviews by beautypiano

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product! I've had it for over a year now--it was actually the first blush I've ever had, and even now after I've accumulated some other products, this cheek duo is still my favorite! I have in in the shade "Pillow Talk," which has a bright popping shade of pink on one end, and a more subtle rose color on the other end with a lovely sprinkling of gold shimmer. I'd describe the formula as a light gel-cream; very easy to use, and it doesn't feel heavy at all. Hard Candy has truly hit on the happy medium of sheerness with these: they're not so pigmented that they leave clearly defined lines on your cheeks, or are impossible to blend, or look unnatural (which are all experiences I've had with ultra-pigmented blushes). But! Both shades will also show up very nicely on skin, and you can build it up for more color if you need to. A couple of swipes on my cheeks are all I need to go from looking dull and sallow to looking flushed, healthy, and glowing. It might not work on super-deep skintones, but I can certify that it still shows up very well on bronzey, medium tan skintones.

One tiny little caveat: it does have very fine shimmer in it, even the shades that look matte while it's not on skin. I have some unevenness in my cheeks--a couple of pores that are slightly indented more than the rest of my skin--and the shimmer in these blushes doesn't accentuate that at all. However, you might want to keep that in mind if you have more mature skin, or skin with a lot of unevenness. I don't think it would be a problem, quite honestly; but if you avoid shimmer like the plague as a principle, you might want to skip this one.

I give this blush duo my very highest recommendation! The shades are perfectly natural-looking, and probably would be on a variety of skintones, and it gives my cheeks a lovely glow! Oh, and the staying power on these babies is simply incredible. It WILL stay put until you wash it off. :D I use this every day--it's really a staple for me. This is without question one of the best products I own!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2012 7:02:00 PM More reviews by KeepFlyyingGirlie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a rather pale person, so that might be the reason why I like these. I purchased "Pillow Talk", which on one end is a light blue-toned pink and the other end is a warm mauve. The pink end has no shimmer or glitter to it, while the mauve end has an extremely subtle pink shimmer that doesn't really transfer onto the skin, both have a glossy/dewy type finish. Because I'm pale, blushes without high pigmentation often become a lot easier for me to use. It becomes harder to apply too much product, hence why I like them. These have a nice amount of color for me and have lasted me an extremely long time as there is a good bit of product in these sticks. I find them easy to blend and give me a lovely glowing finish that lasts during the day (also good for those with dry skin).

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2012 1:24:00 PM More reviews by Raygirl007

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Got this at Walmart for 6.00 today, sucked in by the cute packaging and seemingly large amount of product for the price (I got the peachy one called "In Love".) . However, like other reviewers have said it is very greasy and doesn't show much color. If you want more color you need to keep plastering it on, but then your cheeks are sticky. Not good. Wanted it to work but will be returning it. (Wish I had MUA reviews when I'm at the store. I always buy it and THEN look at the reviews later! Oh well. I'm a sucker for cuteness and their packaging is always so cute!)

P.S. I would recommend the NYX cream blush stick instead, I got that a few weeks ago at Ulta and it is very nice. Much smaller item for about the same price as this, but much better quality, staying power, blending, etc.!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by Adeline92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This feels a bit like chapstick on my cheeks and isn't very pigmented...it's sad I really liked the color of the one I purchased, "in love". It stayed on pretty well but I always use Urban Decay's all nighter spray, and it took a lot of product to get it to show up on my face, and I'm as pale as a vampire.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by xzombiecourtneyx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product because I've always wanted to try out a cheek cream type thing. I was very disappointed in it. I got 'In Love" which has a peachy pink and then a medium pink on the other side. The texture is greasy and similar to something you would put on your lips. I'm giving this a two because it's supposed to be for your cheeks but it will probably work perfectly for the lips. If you have purchased this, I recommend you try using it as a lip tint type thing or whatever. I will not continue wearing it on my face as I already have oily skin and I don't need anymore grease/oil.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/8/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by my4kidsarecuter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this in the color IN LOVE and I do not like it. Its super greasy and never dries-Its like same as putting chapstick on your cheeks lol Plus theres not much color to it. I wont be using or buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/15/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by SammiXo

As having lots of good luck with hard candy I wanted to try this out... Worse mistake ever!!! When I applied it to my cheeks it looked nice but when I went to blend it in you could feel the greasyness of it and I couldn't stand the feeling. Also I liked the packaging but you get what you see, very little product.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 11:06:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I bought one of these Cheek Duos along with a highlighter & bronzer one. All 4 colors do not seem to show. I mean I can get the most color with the highlighter & bronzer but it doesn't last (applied it over my make-up & went to a movie; it was not there after the movie). Also there's the fact that you pay $6/piece and you get maybe an inch of product on each side. WTF is up with that!? Kind of a rip off huh? I am going to give this more time but for now I'm saving my receipt & hoping to get my $12 for both if I'm still not impressed.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/26/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by AngelsdoExist

Looks like the quality of Hard Candy products really plummeted after it went bankrupt and started showing up in Walmarts.... I guess lesson learned- Dont buy makeup from Walmart expecting a lot.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Dayaa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok, so this was my first time buying any Hard Candy products. I was NOT impressed by this, and i honestly don't like it. It is super oily and it does not stay on for more than like an hour. Plus it is SUPER expensive for what you are getting. It cost me like 8$ and its only like an inch of blush on each side. It was not worth it and i would never buy it again. Im going to see if any of their other blushes work for me, but this one was such a let down.