October 24, 2014 | 1735 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Dr. Young 2p Blemish Balm Cream SPF 35 PA++

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:24:00 AM More reviews by Madlenka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fantastic! Finally a BB cream that lives up to its reputation. It goes on smoothly, feels lightweight, covers imperfections and is barely visible on the skin. Covers any red or pink and is very long lasting while helping control breakouts. The only issue would be the color which is quite pale and might not suit darker complexions.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2013 7:20:00 PM More reviews by peachykeen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been trying different BB creams in the search for the one that is HG status. So far, I've tried a handful of the Skin79, Holika Holika, BRTC, Too Faced and Lioele. The Skin79 gold and the Holika Holika moisturize suit my dry skin the best.

I happened to pop into the local Korean market where there is a Charmzone counter and asked about BB creams. They had a number of them on display, I didn't recognize any of the brands except for Skin79. The SA recommended Dr. Young 2p Pearl Brightening Balm.

It applies like a foundation. Evens out your skin tone and covers up all my redness. This has more coverage than any light foundation. I recently bought the MAC Mineralize Moisture foundation and this is more glowy, fills in all my pores and makes my skin feel very moisturized.

I paid $29 CAD for it, it comes in a small 30 ml tube. It blends well with my NC 30 skin. I'd definitely repurchase. This is one of the best BB creams I've tried.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:26:00 PM More reviews by definesinister

When I first bought this, I actually got at a local korean boutique. I was deciding between this or Gowoonsesang BB Cream. The nice korean lady pointed out that this one would be better. I'm glad I did pick this one (though I did buy Dr. G BB cream online). According to the website, the regular 2p BB cream is a pure peach color, and the 2p Pearl BB Cream is meant for darker skins.

Cons: At first, I didn't really like the way it looked. It does give the coverage, but it looks fairly pinkish and gray on the skin and somewhat pale. And no matter how much I wanted it to oxidize on my skin, it would look pale (due to high spf). Also, it makes my skin look oily at the end of the day. I was about to give up on this, but I ended up saving it in vain as I paid 50$ USD for it!

Pros: I recently decided to give it another shot since Dr. G's bb cream was contributing to giving me little bumps. I started using a color correcting loose powder and that solved the problem! I use Ben Nye's Topaz and Banana loose powders or I use T. Leclerc's Banane loose powder. I do prefer mixing Topaz and Banana loose powder so my face looks more warmer. The perfect balance. Also another positive is, Dr. Young does have more natural ingredients than Dr. G BB cream.

Dr. Young is definitely the winner, coverage wise, it's great. Does not irritate the skin even further (big plus to that). High spf (sometimes I end up skipping sunscreen and use this). I have to use high spf bc I use Differin gel at night and antibiotics. They say it is acceptable to skip moisturizer and put this on as a replacement, and I agree. Only you do have to put on a serum, then sunscreen, then this. I've been told not to put on any type of emulsion and instead just put on serum as my face will get oily if I do put on moisturizer. I will repurchase.