April 21, 2014 | 1867 users online

Treatments - Christian Dior - Hydra life pro-youth skin energising serum

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2012 5:17:00 AM More reviews by KateLausanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is totally nothing. You wouldn't see any changes while using it (not bad, not good).
P.S. Might block the pores.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2012 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

Receing a packette from my Sephora purchase, the first three ingredients are: aqua (we all know is water), ALCOHOL, glycerin .....

need I say more, I toss that in the trash. On, wait, wait, maybe I'll use it next time I have a cut.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by fastNfabulous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

i like the consistency but it gave me a tiny teeny little bump under my eye. wont buy it again. this is the 2nd eye treatment that i dont like ( the other one was olay eye roller).

rated 3 of 5 on 10/12/2011 9:14:00 AM More reviews by ikon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A serum is meant to hydrate deeper into the skin and when used on a regular basis should improve skin condition. Previously to the Hydra Life version, I used to use the Hydra Action. While I found Hydra Action to be great - it went on smooth, absorbed super quick and provided moisturization to a point where I rarely needed a cream moisturizer, this one isn't as great. It smells good, goes on nice, absorbs quickly but using it without a cream on top the skin feels dry shortly after. It's nice under the Hydra Life sorbet creme but realistically the results are not different enough to spend the money on this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by NikitaRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

Can't believe this serum has such bad ratings. I bought it last fall because I had dry patches on my forehead and when I put foundation over it..well, you can imagine, I used this without the hydra-life cream and thought it was amazing. I later purchased the cream and didn't notice it working any better than using the serum alone.
The serum is of a yellowish color and has a gel-like consistency. It has a nice, expensive smell and it made my skin really soft after a put it on. It helped with my dry patches but only if I used it every day.
It is a good product that did work for me but I will not repurchase it because the Kanebo (Sensai) emulsion works even better and is also a bit cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by vivian1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

waste of $. did nothing to my skin. I love the hydra life eye cream though.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by yelly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It didn't do any good and/or damage to my skin. Basically a waste of money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 9:01:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

I was a big fan of the HydrAction serum...I literally went through 5 or so of them. Dior repackaged and reformulated the line (now called Hydra Life). This serum has a similar texture, it absorbs instantly. It has a "orange" type color. It hydrates the skin and allows the moisturizer used after to reach the deep levels of skin more easily. It also seems to give the skin a brighter, "energized" look.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 11:33:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This may have been similar to the hydraction serum which is now discontinued (the whole line is and is now replaced with this Hydra life line- no where near as good in my opinion!!) As winter is coming, my skin has been kind of crazy- very dry and will just be more and more dry as the winter months go on, as I loved the hydraction line I purchased this serum, which the SA said was amazing etc etc...the usual! It's an 'ok' serum...dries into my skin very quickly, so I definitely need a moisturiser on top this alone is not enough. Its also sticky which i dont like. Didnt really make my skin smoother, more moisturised...and worse thing was it really made me break out on my forehead! It took me a good week and a half to get my forehead even half decent, and even now some of the spots are still there! I chucked this in the bin right away, waste of 56!! I loved the hydraction original line but this 'hydra life' is very mediocre.