August 27, 2014 | 1631 users online

Bronzers - Aveda - Uruku Bronzer in Brazilian Sun

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Jewelx17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite bronzer that I have tried so far which is saying a lot since I feel like I've tried every bronzer under the sun! I'm very picky when it comes to makeup and I've searched everywhere for the perfect bronzer that suits my taste. I was looking for one that wasn't too shimmery which was the biggest problem with most of them. A ton of them were packed with shimmers but the matte ones tend to look muddy and more opaque than the shimmers. I was looking for something that wasn't shimmery, didn't look muddy and has a very sheer texture. This one has some shimmers but once applied you really can't see it. I've checked out my face in the sunlight and I still can't really see any of the shimmers and I am anti-shimmer. It could also be because I apply very little. Anyways, this is also very sheer which is a huge plus for me because I felt most bronzers are way too opaque and didn't flatter my face. I apply this very lightly, just enough to give myself a glow but not so that it's noticeable since it is November right now. This is also great for getting rid of that reverse racooon look that I absolutely hate, just dab your brush into the bronzer and sweep lightly under eye after your conealer and it'll take the edge off of a too light conealer.
One thing I want to mention is the packaging...or lack of! I paid $22.50 and all it came with was a plastic container, no compact, just the pan. The SA told me I can buy a reusable aluminum compact for $19 which is absolutely ridiculous. For $22.50 it should come with a compact, don't you think?? She told me it's done this way to be environmentally friendly...yeah right, that's bs. It comes in a PLASTIC container that you throw away, how is THAT not wasteful? It's basically just to make more money which is not cool. I didn't buy the compact and just chose to use it out of the cheap plastic container. It still works, it opens and closes fairly easy in a compact style so I can get over that but if your all about packaging then this will really annoy you! Other than that, the product itself is great.
PS. For all the acne-prone ladies, this has not caused any breakouts.