December 19, 2014 | 1540 users online

Cleansers - Boots - Expert Sensitive Gentle Cleansing Lotion

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Even though I have oily skin, it seems that cleansing lotions work best for my skin. I have very reactive and moderately senstitive skin. Many of the cleansers geared for oily people ruin my skin big time. They strip my skin and cause over production of oil and blemishes as well as dry itchy red skin. My go to cleanser has been Ponds Cold Cream for about a year now. This cleanser by Boots is very similar in performance as well as texture. You won't get a lather with this and this won't make your skin feel "squeaky clean". If you are looking for that, don't buy this. I apply this cleanser like I would do w/ Ponds which is to apply on dry skin and massage it in all over to loosen up makeup, dirt, dead skin etc. After I massage it in for about 2 minutes, I remove it with a warm wash cloth. After using this, my skin feels very smooth, properly hydrated yet not greasy. My skin doesn't get red and blotchy with this and it appears very calm after use.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2013 9:08:00 PM More reviews by shelvedfiction

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin type: Dry, large pores on cheeks, sensitive

I am on the fence about this product. I found it on Paula Begoun's product review page listed under her Best ratings for dry skin that is sensitive. I used it at night as my cleanser and makeup remover. At first, I used a cotton ball to apply it and wiped it off with a washcloth, which worked well, but I had to use many cotton balls to take my makeup off. Then, I tried applying it with my fingers, splashing my face with water, and wiping it off with a washcloth, which worked well, too. However, I found that if I accidentally got it in my eyes, I would have blurry vision for a bit. It took my makeup off for the most part, and left my skin feeling clean and not dry. Lastly, I did not like the packaging as it was hard to control how much product was coming out of the bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by Joanne1029

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ever since I encountered beautypedia.com I've relied on it for new skincare products. I've been avoiding purchasing the Cerave Hydrating Cleanser for some reason. I've never tried a product from Boots, and I thought, "sure, why not?". Well this product does not work well. It doesn't clean well on its own. And it feels drying, which I thought would be the exact opposite for me. I imagined it to be much like the Pond's Cold Cream, but nope. Although if you apply it to your face with a cotton ball it works much better, but when I do I use three-four, which is such a waste. I would not repurchase. Oh, and I have dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2013 5:36:00 PM More reviews by Livn2large

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This light, milky mineral-oil based cleanser is quite the "drugstore" find. It's whisper-light on application (I use my fingers), nicely rinseable with water, removes all foundation and sunscreen, and doesn't irritate my rosaceous, eczema-prone acne-prone skin in the process. Its performance outshines many of the much more expensive makeup removers on the market. What more could one ask for?

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by mootboot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This lotion is very gentle on my sensitive skin, but it doesn't clean as thoroughly as I'd like. I found that I still had a bit of BB cream on my face after using this product. However, for the price ($4.99 for 200ml!) I can't really complain. I think I might use this for days when I don't wear hard-to-remove BB cream.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 9:29:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

This cleanser worked well as far as removing makeup and cleaning my skin, but it stung quite a bit. It is very non-drying, and I would still recommend it to someone looking for a gentle, basic, cleanser for dryer skins. My experience with stinging may be rare, and the product is so cheap that if it doesn't work out for you, you're not out much. I wish I didn't have the stinging, because I did like the performance of it. I would massage it onto my face, and remove with a warm, wet washcloth.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2012 5:44:00 AM More reviews by timothybcat

This is such a simple, gentle cleanser, and the price of $4.50 for 6.7 ounces is amazing! I had some adolescent acne years ago, and my mother taught me to do all the wrong things, like using harsh ingredients and hot, HOT water. Now my 36-year-old face is very pink and fair, somewhat acne-prone around the chin and nose, with some broken capillaries; so even the tiniest bit of irritation makes my face look even redder. I'd been using Cetaphil, and it was ok, but still think my skin didn't care for some of the ingredients in it. Boots Expert has absolutely no fragrance and comes in a very plain white bottle. I don't mind plain packaging, especially with a bargain, but there's no dispensing mechanism at the top of the bottle, so you really just have to wait for a blob to come out like you're pouring ketchup. I suppose you could buy your own pump, or recycle one from another product if you really wanted to. My only other minor quibble is that it leaves my skin with a bit of a residue. It's made with mineral oil so that might be the culprit. I wouldn't blame the product if there was, for instance, a gel version of this cleanser for combo-oily skin, but there isn't. There is a cleansing "wash" but judging from the ingredients I don't think it would cleanse very well. I think this will be just right in the dry winter months. I'll update my review to reflect any differences. But this would be perfect for dry, sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 8:51:00 AM More reviews by agl112

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is another soothing option from the Boots Expert line. This cleanser is best for dry skin that's sensitive. It's fragrance free, paraben free and lanolin free. I find that it takes off all of my makeup and leaves my skin soft, soothed and hydrated without greasiness. I apply a dime size amount and rub between my palms, apply all over my skin and then remove it with a wet warm washcloth. I haven't had any allergic reactions to this product and the price is right. It's available at Target stores locally, so it's easy to find. Would buy again.