July 30, 2014 | 1156 users online

Treatments (Face) - Superdrug - Optimum Advanced Firm and Lift Perfecting Serum

rated 5.0(1 review)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this serum while looking for the No.7 perfecting serum and the Estee Lauder ANR was too expensive and kind of oilish for me. On the bottle it says it should be used by women from 20 to 30-ish. It is a treatment serum, with pentapeptides and retinol that promises to improve skin texture and discolorations, to be used before moisturizer.
The reason I wanted such a serum was extreme dehydration due to abuse of BHA exfoliation (my fault but my skin IS much clearer now) so I wanted a hydrating serum. I could not test this product, it said not much about hydration properties, just perfecting texture, but I figured it is cheap enough for a blind try.
I must say I am extremely impressed. While it doesn't feel as hydrating as ANR it can also be used on oily skin without making it oilier. It rapidly repaired by dehydrated skin - no more flakes or anything and made the texture visibly better. I can use it during the day too, unlike ANR, and it does not increase oil production.
I don't know about the acne reactions, I am not acne-prone, the product is scented (not crazy about the smell but it goes away) and even on oilier skin you can use a moisturizer (I use DDMG) after it.
Overall I am truly happy I hesitated about ANR and bought this instead. Also Superdrug does not test on animals (says so on the bottle too).