Hard Candy Glamoflauge Heavy Duty Concealer

3.9

Petrolatum, Lanolin Oil, Tridecyl Stearate, Neopentyl Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Isoamyl Laurate, Tridecyl Trimellitate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Ozokerite, Silica, Phenoxyethanol, Cetyl Alcohol, MAY CONTAIN: Titanium Dioxide (Cl 77891) Iron Oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499)

I get that is supposed to be a heavy duty concealer, I do, but I can't fathom what it could hide with such a thick, unblendable consistency. It's so thick, of course it's going to cake and make sure you keep it far away from dry skin.
I really expected better

alright concealer, but tends to cake up because of its heavy coverage. i like to use the concealer pencil for cleaning up my brows rather than my face though LOL. i feel like there should be more shades to choose from though.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Mhmm excellent cover pay of ! But not for me I'm one shade away from having no pigment and the lightest shade in this is still quite to dark I tried to use it but it gave me awful breackout s but if you had normal medium skin it would be phenomonal ..

Dang it, I really wanted to love this one! I have been using makeup forever's concealer, which I just LOVE but so pricey $35 a tube. This got raves on youtube so I bought it. It covers well, but I just don't like the formula.When I squeeze the bottle I get a bit of oozy greasy clear liquid followed by the colored concealer. Applying it is very spreadable but is greasy and unpleasant. It doesn't last quite as long as makeup forever, but it does a decent job.
I use concealer to cover up scars not dark circles. Don't have those.
It's given me pimples. It's sad that I'll have to throw this out. Only $6 but a waste.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

if you have acne prone skin i wouldn't recommend using this. this concealer is comedogenic and will clog your pores. it gave me a ton of tiny bumps.

although i wouldn't use this to conceal i do like using it to carve out my brows (which is why i gave it some lippies) but it does at times cause tiny pimples around or on my brows so keep that in mind.

if you don't have acne prone skin this is a pretty heavy duty concealer and a little goes a long way. but one thing i did notice is it doesn't stay in place for that long and tends to get shiny/oily looking & it does crease.

i said i would repurchase but only to use for my brows.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I see that the reviews on this are mixed, and i do understand that. It seems your skin either really likes this concealer or absolutely hates it. My skin happens to like it. I'm an NC 35 and use the medium shade. I definitely think this concealer is more suitable for skin that has yellow undertones. I use a small eye shadow brush and dab it on under my eyes (pretty thickly) and honestly i really don't even rub it in that much. I just set it with powder and it doesn't move, plus it also seems to highlight or lighten wherever I put it. I've got my daughter using it now too. When my rosacea flares up, i just dot this on over it, set it with powder, and it totally covers the redness. The price is right, and it's definitely worth a try if you need heavy coverage.

At first the product separation is apparent. A little does go a long way, but the color selection could be improved. Nothing all that special about this concealer

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I considered this product my HG concealer in junior high, but I was so young and naive then...
I recently tried this product again, and I just can't understand why 14 year old me loved this so much. I used it to conceal my undereyes and hide some acne scars on my cheeks. A little goes a VERY long way with this product, so use sparingly. I wouldn't recommend this product as a dark circle concealer as it settles into any fine lines and dry spots very easily, making the whole undereye area look cakey and dry. Also, when it came to concealing acne marks, I found that the product faded badly throughout the day. On top of that, I noticed that it clogged the pores on my cheeks, leaving the surface feeling bumpy. The product is quite cheap and cruelty-free, which are a big plus in my book, but ultimately, this product isn't worth the hype.
TL;DR
-good coverage initially, but fades
-creases
-clogs pores
-messy packaging (squeeze tube)
-a little goes a long way
-good price
-cruelty free

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I quite like it. I own this in 'Ulta Light'. The main issue I have with any concealer is that they crease on me like mad (looking at you Nars creamy concealer). That's why this gets a 4/5. If it creased less it would be a solid 5/5 however out of my Nars creamy, my Mac Prolongwear, Mac Studio Fix, AND my Tarte the Hardcandy creased the least. To me, this is a huge steal considering the price.

ALSO can we PLEASE admire that Hard Candy--out of any drugstore and high end products--is the only range I have EVER come across that has a shade that is not only light enough for me, but even so slightly highlighting. This is a big deal. I love you Hard Candy. Just as WoC struggle to find things dark enough for them I have struggled like no other to find anything that is light enough for me. Sephora, drugstore? Nearly never. I'm MAC NC10, with yellowish/warm undertones so it's insanely hard to find something that is not for pink-toned porcelain ladies.

Nars creamy concealer in their lightest shade was a pretty decent skin match for me, but the Glamoflauge is actually just a smidgen lighter, which is awesome for any fair skinned woman who wants to highlight. If you're deep skinned you might struggle with the Glamoflauge as my cousin who is pretty tan had a hard time finding a good colour match for herself that wasn't too light. Buyer beware: this line runs very light.

I found the best way to set this is with a translucent powder by far (I use Macs loose Translucent Powder). With my Kat Von D contour palette, the flesh tones on the top, it made it too cakey and creased like hell. Also, this product transfers like hell if you don't set it. So if you're looking for a concealer you don't always have to set, steer clear of this one as one finger touch without a powdering will dye your entire finger. I always set so I don't really care.

Anyway next time I go to Walmart I'm going to stock up on the Ultra Light in case they ever discontinue it as all brands love to do with their palest shades.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Edited: Hard Candy released a foundation called Glamoflauge to compliment this concealer. Honestly? They are not very similar. I actually like the foundation but it is definitely not greasy the way the concealer is. I think a lot of dry skin ladies will flock to the new foundation thinking it'll be alike, but they're going to be disappointed by the finish.

----------
Glamoflauge and I go waaay back. I've bought it probably about 7 times, yet threw it away the first 6 times after a few uses. Why? Because it's biggest flaw is disgusting. Glamoflauge is produced with WAY too much oil. Last time I bought a tube, 1/4th of it was pure oil. On my acne-prone, oily skin - this has always spelled a disaster. I hated Glamoflauge with a passion despite all the hype.

Until recently... things changed when I found myself searching for an undereye concealer. At 24, foundation just wasn't cutting it anymore. I tried a bunch from sephora and drugstore lines. Most were either way too drying for my undereye area (fine lines!) or lacked coverage. Nars Creamy Radiant and Maybelline Fit Me have been my favorites. Unfortunately they both have (albeit small) flaws. That's when I remembered good ol greasy Glamoflauge at Walmart. I have never denied that this concealer has great coverage. It's like a layer of paint. But the grease factor just killed it in my book.

So I bought a tube, and decided to try squeezing ALL of the oil out before attempting to apply any. Again, about 1/4th of the tube was oil. It was DISGUSTING. Yet when I got to the actual concealer portion, it was perfect for my undereye area.

This covers my dark circles perfectly without emphasizing the fine lines. It is hydrating (thanks to the oil!). And the fact it is cheaper than Nars is pretty nice too. I am NC10 for reference. The shade Extra Light is a dead on match. HOWEVER since I will NEVER apply this to my acne scars/ any non-undereye area of my face - I can't use the shade. I opt for the shade Fair instead. It's pinker and peachier than my skintone. The reason I use this shade is because it works as a corrector to cancel out the blue in my undereye area. Yet I don't have to follow up with an additional concealer.

I will repurchase this. My holy grail foundation (Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse) is VERY full coverage and matte so I don't need an additional concealer for acne scars. Glamoflauge is perfect for the purpose of covering my undereye area only.

Top Rated Hard Candy Products