August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Treatments (Face) - Garden of Wisdom - Fruit Acid 10% Exfo Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2013 8:57:00 PM More reviews by Min90

I love these! I have been using them for just over a month, three times a week, and my skin is looking much nicer because of them. Especially the sebaceous filament in my nose (they are commonly mistaken for blackheads!) - while not gone completely, their appearance has reduced in colour and size.

My process is to gently wipe the exfo pads on after cleansing and rinsing my face (I also use them on my chest and shoulders). As recommended, I let it sit for 20 minutes so the AHA can neutralize before moisturising. So far I haven't experienced any unpleasantness from the acids (tingling or similar), in fact when I first used them I didn't think they were working at all!

Within five minutes my skin is noticeably brighter and smoother! I honestly can't stop checking out my skin in the mirror after I apply it. Also, as a side note, it didn't dry out my skin - for example, usually if I don't moisturise within 30 min of cleansing, my skin starts to feel dry and tight. On some occasions, after applying the AHA, I go 45-60 minutes before putting on a moisturiser, and my skin feels fine! It doesn't even get oily.

I will repurchase when I run out, although I think I will try the 1.9ph pads next time (currently using 3.2ph).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2010 9:20:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I RIS and was very excited to try as I normally like GoW products. Unfortunately, these did not work for my face. I have relatively tolerant skin (except for my cheeks which have mild rosacea) and these are WAY too strong for me - I could not even tolerate even 2 minutes of this on my non-rosacea areas as it burned so I had to wash it off immediately.

So, not to be totally discouraged, I then tried on my upper chest area where I have some discoloration from sun thinking this would help decrease the markings. Again, FAIL - burned even there.

According to their web site, the ph is 1.9 and contains AHAs in the form of glycolic and lactic acids. GoW also says if sensitive, work your way gradually into this product - apparently I just simply cannot tolerate at all on my face (for me, I don't want to try working my way up from a few seconds).

I HATE wasting perfectly good products, so now I'm using on the rough areas of my feet to decrease the rough,dry skin patches there - no problems there - in fact, VERY effective. If you have thick, dry areas around your heels and parts of your toes like I do and everything else you have tried doesn't work to eliminate these problem spots - you might want to consider trying these - I know this is not what they are marketed for, but guess what - they work (at least for me) w/ no discomfort. I apply at night and wear socks to bed = very effective!!

The pads remind me of Neutrotena's salycic pads - I like them.

I will not purchase; YMMV w/ these pads. However, since they are so very effective on my feet, I will give a 3 rating.