December 18, 2014 | 1657 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Siren 677

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LINKS TO MY PICS AT BOTTOM. EDIT ALSO AT BOTTOM.

Well donít I feel like a special little snowflake. (end sarcasmÖ) I LOVE this lipstick. And I have never said that about any other makeup product.

First off, it is INCREDIBLY rare that I write reviews. The products that I end up buying tend to be crowd pleasers that are thoroughly reviewed, so I feel like my opinion would not contribute much to the discussion. However, Revlonís Siren is a whole different animal.

ABOUT ME: East Asian, black hair, very dark brown eyes, NC 10-15, incredibly pale lips. The closest Iíve come to a color match is LíOrealís Visible Life Serum Absolute in 144 Light Ivory, if that helps, but itís a tad too light for me. I am very cool toned yellow / olive. (I have confirmed this with other MUAers lol. I'm not sure if it's due to my skin undertones, but the undertones of any makeup product is immediately discernible on my skin. Yellow, orange, pink, peach, etc. Also, colors people describe as ďsoftĒ look too bright on me. I can only wear incredibly sheer lip colors, not even ďMLBB.Ē The only two exceptions are NYCís Retro Red and Maybellineís Red Revival. But even then, red revival pull cools on me and retro red looks a bit off. Basically, most products looks unflattering, garish, or strange.

So why did I pick up this lipstick? Iíve always wanted an orange-y lipstick. Iíve tried peach lipsticks and they were too pale and made me look washed out. Also, Iíve known that this shade existed for 8 years now, and I was intrigued at the very start. NOW ONTO THE ACTUAL REVIEW.

I'm not even going to attempt to describe the color on me. I've uploaded pics onto this product page... I tried to make it as thorough as possible lol. Not to be rude, but I generally find lips-only pictures to be unhelpful, so I took face pics. Iíve never shown my face online (other than fb) so you should know that Iím being very genuine about how much I love this lipstick. (edit: Please do NOT use my pictures. Please.)

This color is incredibly wearable for me. Lightly applied, it's peach but with more substance to it. More orange, even a bit reddish, but no brown. (Thank goodness!) My bare lips are really light, sort of gray, dusty pink, maybe even cool toned? Liked a pinked-up dusty lilac. So there isn't no real "MLBB" lip color for me. But I can fake that with Siren! Looks completely harmonious with the rest of my face. Not even Dr. Pepper lipsmacker did this for me. Applied as I usually would, it is flattering on me; I'm definitely wearing a lip color but people probably wouldn't pay attention to my lips unless they were MU connoisseurs lol. Siren still looks nice with a very heavy application, but it gets too close to garish territory for my comfort.

It seems like very few people (if at all) have had this kind of experience with Siren, and I am so glad that I actually took the plunge. (I'm a broke college student so every purchase is important, no matter the price lol) I feel like I will go through this lipstick faster than any other lip product, and it is absolutely on my re-buy list.

I apologize... I was being lazy so I was wearing absolutely no other makeup in these pictures :-/

Full Size Image

EDIT: This lipstick is a gift to me from the makeup gods, as an apology for years and years of color mismatching. I have layered this lipstick with every single product that I have (that's not that many lol) and it makes them fit my coloring so much better! List: Revlon Wine with Everything (Creme), Maybelline Red Revival, Maybelline Born with It, Maybelline (24hr) Ultimate Blush, NYC Retro Red, Revlon SL Kiss Me Coral lipgloss, WnW Dark Pink Frost, some no-name mood lipstick with a yellow base.

EDIT2: I'm loving Maybelline CS Vivid in electric orange (has less coral than Siren) as well as WnW ML in Purty Persimmon (more coral than Siren).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by Wezo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Up until a year ago I was a loyal 'gloss, nude or nothing' lips kinda of girl. Apart from the occasional ice pink, I feared bright lips. This was my first colour purchase and it was such a good choice that it ignited an obsession and I now have a hefty (albeit awesome) collection of lip colours!
I bought this because it was on sale and I had a thing for all things orange at this stage in life. The colour is a beautiful, vintage and vibrant orange. It glides on smoothly and very opaquely, fully colouring the lips, sporting pretty incredible lasting power for a lipstick that does not advertise long lasting qualities.
It does not dry my lips nor does it dry into any creases and it wears off (eventually) really evenly, sort of just fading back to nothing.
The packaging is classic Revlon - packaging is never an issue for me (unless it's a stupid clicky applicator or faulty.) Had it not been on sale I would have walked straight past however as I find Revlon lipstick prices to be ever increasing...
Definitely a repurchase - if it's on sale ofcourse!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2013 1:20:00 PM More reviews by nikkinichole

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Hooray for orange lips! I love this lipstick. It is very creamy and goes on so smooth. It also has great pigmentation and is long lasting. I only like myself in very few lipsticks but this is definitely one of them! I'll be stocking up on this one!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2013 4:14:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am mixed. The color is fantastic, the pigmentation and coverage good. The finish is not quite as good and easy to apply as my other Revlon lipsticks. Although this seems to be in common with many bright neon colored lipsticks so I won't hold it against it too much.

Most oranges I've tried are too looks harsh or unflattering my very fair skin, or have application issues. Many I've tried are too sheer and don't cover my pigmented lips, leaving brownish patches peeping through (eg Maybelline Vivid Sensation Lipstick in Electric Orange 880). Some have unpleasant fragrance (the Maybelline one again). Too bright overwhelms fair features and looks garish. Too reddish brings out the pink in fair complexions, looking like a sunburn. Too muted/brownish makes features look muddy. Not so Siren. Its a light clear poppin' orange that looks amazing with my fair skin and light eyes. Straight up creme, no glitter, no perfume.

The finish annoying but workable and the color does make it worth it. It highlights every dry bit of skin, and goes into the lines unless my lips are in perfect condition and well moisturised . So, exfoliate then apply balm first. When applied llike most people do (swiped on directly from the bullet) it "slides" around on the surface of lips, leaving streaky bare patches, especially in the centre of the lips. To combat I swipe once then pat, pat, pat to fill the patches and use a compact irror to check for coverage. It is a satin finish but turns dryish matte and wears off in 2 - 3 hours so I take it with me plus a mirror for touch ups. I sometimes I put a similar shade of moisturising lip color or gloss on first instead of the balm (eg Super Lustrous Gloss in Coral Reef). This helps with application issues and feel more comfortable as well as keep the intensity of the color and shine more lasting. It is a beautiful color and I will continue to use and repurchase unless I happen to come across a better one.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 6:45:00 PM More reviews by em0hly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

The coloring is very vivid, and has a very orange color to it. I love this color in the packaging, and is fun to wear on days when I don't feel like doing much with my eye makeup, and instead want to bring focus to my lips. The lipstick doesn't have a funny smell which I have found a lot of lipsticks do, and it stays on a fairly long time if you first put concealer underneath.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 10:08:00 PM More reviews by ecolleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I typically have awful luck judging lipstick shades by the package, but this was exactly the coral shade I was hoping for. I can't rave enough about it. It's very long lasting for a lipstick, ultra moisturizing, and the color is a very vintage sort of shade that is actually quite flattering for me. The packaging is pretty standard and doesn't open in my purse or anything. Can't recommend this one enough!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/10/2013 2:54:00 PM More reviews by peacefulheart

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Grey, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

It is gong back, because it is just NOT becoming on me at all! I just happened to be wearing a pastel orange top today, & did not want red or plum lips, so I thought I would stop into Target & pick up something to add perhaps an apricot hue to the lipstick I had on- & I was in a hurry, because here in southeast Texas where I was born & currently live, it is already scalding hot, outside by 10:00 am. So I also picked up Apricot Fantasy (which I had never tried, as well) in case I did not like this one. I hurredly swiped this across my lips & looked at myself in pure horror! With my extremely pale but cool & warm tones-AND my naturally graying hair-(people say it looks like ash highlights) I cannot wear anything remotely orange on my face! That said-apricot is a different story-but that will be a separate review. To continue..... the pigmentation is excellent, for a drugstore lipstick & for a lipstick that is not matte, so for many, this $4.99 lipstick in this shade, will be a winner. Just not for me! Note- I think MAC has the best lipsticks-period. And I would rather have a couple of really flattering tubes than have many cheaper less quality lipsticks at least-at this age. That said, I do think for changing shades (say of a staple MAC color) & for casual wear these are excellent!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 2:31:00 PM More reviews by deadonarrivals

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Okay, I was on youtube looking at under eye corrector reviews. Some lady rec'd using a orange lipstick to use as a corrector. So, I went out and purchased Siren and it turned out to be a fail lol. But, using Siren as it's primary purpose, a lipstick and it is a perfect shade for me. This shade is bright orange on me and works well with my skin tone (medium olive ~ NC42 MAC ~ 6.0 UD). I prefer bright pinks and oranges instead of reds for a bold lip because most reds look horrible on me because they are either too brown, plum or blue based and clash w/ my tones. Siren looks hot with bronzed skin, simple liquid black liner and a peach hued blush. Perfect for summer. The formula is creamy and the staying power is decent (few hours).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by VanessaluvsU

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this! The color scared me at first but I think this bright orange is perfect for summer. I like the creamy texture and longevity. if you want to get it look at your local big lots because I found it there for two dollars:)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by annoasis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

After seeing JLo's new video, 'Goin In' I saw her wearing a nice coral lip I just had to find something similar. To me coral can sometimes look more pink and sometimes more orangey, so I was trying to find something more on the orangey side. As I think Revlon has the best lipstick shades, I hit the drugstore and found Siren. It's creamy, goes on nice and smooth, and definitely gives a nice pop of colour! To recreate the look I applied a clear gloss first and then applied the lipstick to give it a more muted tone. But if I'm going out, I would definitely skip the gloss and use the bold orange colour and pair it with a nice, subtle bronzed eye (as JLo has in the video). I would definitely repurchase this!