August 2, 2014 | 1594 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Glow All The Way

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 12:13:00 AM More reviews by simplieelegant

You get a lot for your money. In my opinion a little goes a long way. It's not soo shimmery and glittery like a fairy pooted in your face. It gives you a nice subtle glow you can always add on more. It also give you a nice baby pink rosy glow to your face. Very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love this illuminizer, it's so pretty and gives my face a beautiful glow, not sparkly or shimmery, just natural.. BUT it breaks me out. I just checked out the ingredients and it contains silicine so that explains it, (silicone breaks me out). If that is not an issue for you, you will probably love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2013 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I love this illumination. It is comparable to Revlon's, which i am a huge fan. This is NOT glittery or shiny. I am not sure why some people find that it is. My review is on the one called Dollface, the pink one.

It is a nice and thick texture with a beautiful shell-pink color that just brightens me face. It not really detectable, which I wanted. It works well as a highlighter or under foundation. I also use it on top of foundation. It just leaves a very subtle glow. There is no shine here or obvious highlight.

If you are looking for obvious shine or highlight, this may be too light and subtle for you. the other ones called Glamazon and the deeper one are more pigmented. I think this is more suited for very light complected people with cool -toned skin. the other colors are more suited for medium warm people and dark warm. Hope this helps.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Jacheampong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's like a foundation for medium colored people mixed with shimmer (the quality is better than it sounds) but I'm super dark so when I tried this it was way to light and did not mix well with my complexion which sucked. But it's nice for lighter people.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by ksalcido24

I'm surprised at all the good reviews for this!It's a HORRIBLE product and a complete waste of money...I paid around $10 dollars for this stuff...it was really ridiculously glittry and its had an almost purple tone to it when put on the skin and is really drying because of all the alchohol in it...it also made me break out in places i've never ever broken out Don't Buy This Product! would not recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's Glow All The Way Skin Lumiziner is a liquid highlighter for face and body. Available in two shades; Doll Face which I have, and Glamazon Bronze. Hard Candy says that these pearly highlighters compliment all skin tones. Hard Candy is a former high end brand previously sold in Sephora and department stores, it's not exclusively available in Walmart. Awkz. Hard Candy claims that this highlighter is "infused with 24 Karat gold for a million dollar look". I don't believe that. I received this product in a swap with my friend Mariah. It retails for $8. My tube contains 9.9g (.35oz), for some reason I don't think this is a full size tube but I might be wrong. This product was made in the USA. Hard Candy does not test on animals.
Packaging for Doll Face is cute. A pink squeeze tube with a twist on cap. The front of the tube features the Hard Candy logo, the name of the product, and a short description in English and French, written in white lettering. A slightly longer description along with some company info can be found on the back of the tube. I prefer liquid highlighters in tubes, they seem more sanitary than those in palette form or with a brush, plus I feel like it's easier to get the exact amount I want. Good job Hard Candy, they always have cute packaging.
Glow All the Way has a nice texture. It's on the thicker side for a liquid highlight. Not greasy or sticky, very easy to blend out with fingers or a brush. This liquid luminizer sets quickly and doesn't transfer after that. A little goes a long way, you only need a small dab to highlight both cheekbones.
Doll Face is claimed by some to be a dupe of Benefit's High Beam. I recently acquired High Beam, and I can safely say that they're not even similar. Doll Face is a light shimmery pink that's best suited for those with cool skin tones. High Beam, on the other hand, is more of neutral champagne shade with only hints of pink. Doll Face's pink tint may seem threatening at first, but it mostly blends away, leaving behind a moderate amount of shimmer. Because it's a shimmery highlight some may feel like its too strong, or may be better for evening, but I don't think it's too much but maybe that's just me, highlighters suit me.
I like Hard Candy's Glow All the Way Lumiziner. It's a good quality highlighter, something that's hard to find in the drugstore level. It may be too pink for those with neutral or warm skin, or too shimmery for some tastes, but it's not overly intense to the point that it isn't wearable, it's really a matter of preference. Doll Face is not the High Beam dupe some may say it is, so don't disappoint yourself if that's what it looks like. I probably wouldn't repurchase it because I love trying new highlighters or luminizers. If you're cool toned and enjoy somewhat shimmery highlights for a fair price consider Hard Candy's Doll Face. Special thanks to Mariah for sending this product my way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 1:33:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I am honestly confused about this product. I have this product in Glamazon Bronze, the one in the golden tube. The only reason I bought this is that it said it's infused with 24 karat gold. I don't get why they would say it's a highlighter- to me, it's more like a liquid bronzer. It's too dark to be a highlighter. It's great for contouring and using it as a bronzer. The color payoff is nice, and it stays on for a while. Plus, it smells like mint, which is super cooling and refreshing in the summer heat. It's at a good cost range too, for around $8. The only reason I gave this a 3 and not a 5 is because of the fact that it should NOT be used like a highlighter- I had to find that out the hard way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by CarrieLynnJ

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff. On its own it can be a little TOO glitzy leaving a lot of glittah on my face but when I mix it in with my cream foundation its PERFECT! I either mix it right in with the foundation or put a little on my face where I want specific highlighting and then apply my foundation right away in those spots and buff it out. For the price and how much you get? This is a steal.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by jellybabe23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This highlighter is designed for both face and body use. After using Benefit's High Beam, I thought this product in Doll Face (pinky-pearl shimmer) would be a great alternative. It comes in a squeeze tube with about 2.7 oz in each tube, and they do not test on animals :) The product itself is lotion-like, not runny and provides a wonderful pink sheen. It's not as silvery as High Beam, I would say it's a lot more subtle, but I like it that better for body use. As for highlighter on the face, it's good for people who don't want a whole lot of sheen, but if you're used to High Beam, it may not be as great of a highlighter. I bought this at Walmart for $8, so I'm pretty happy for the price I paid

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by HeatherlyBreezes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Glamazon Bronze in the gold tube. Thus far I have used it quite sparingly on my cheeks, eyes and collar bone. I've not worn it for more than four hours at a time yet, but it did not cause a break out. It's shimmery and irridescent, but not glittery at all - very subtle sheen. Very reasonably priced, as you need very little, and there is a lot of product in the tube for $8.

I would purchase again - and will try this out as a bronzer in the warmer months when a touch more sun looks more natural for me. I think this would very pretty as either an all-over face bronzer added to moisturizer or to add a bit of sheen to the body added to lotion.

Edited to add that I have now tried the Doll Face in the pink tube. I like to use the Glamazon to contour cheek bones and Doll Face on the apples - it works really well and is very subtle. I also use UDPP Sin all over my eyelids, Glamazon in the crease, and Doll Face as a highlight on my eyes for a nice, subtle glowly look. Very pleased with this product!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No