September 21, 2014 | 2112 users online

Lipstick - New York Color - Mineral Lipstick

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2011 12:29:00 PM More reviews by thirdstrokelucky

I bought this lipstick over the other NYC lipsticks on sale because of its natural ingredients and because it's made in Canada. The others are made in China.

The shade I chose was 487A Plum Velvet.

After opening the plastic see-through cap, I had a bad feeling. There was an overwhelming smell of old wax, like a crayon you hadn't seen since childhood.

Still, I tried it on the back of my hand; it was very hard to apply. The lipstick had partially dried out, making me believe it was the drugstore's fault for selling lipsticks that have past their best-before dates. But since reading atomic_girl's review, I now know that what I experienced isn't an isolated incident--ALL NYC Minerals Lipsticks are crap!

Thank God I never tried it on my lips because I had a terribly difficult time removing the stain on my hand.

I won't be buying anything else from New York Color again. They're not worth it.

Ingredients: CANOLA, RICINUS COMMUNIS, COCOS NUCIFERA, SESAMUM INDICUM, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII, THEOBROMA CACAO, OLUS, CERA CARNAUBA, CANDELILLA CERA, SILICA, TOCOPHEROL, ORIGANUM VULGARE, THYMUS VULGARIS, CINNAMOMUM ZEYLANICUM, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA, HYDRASTIS CANADENSIS, SOLANUM LYCOPERSICUM, AROMA, MENTHA PIPERITA. +/-: IRON OXIDES, MICA, CI 77891, CI 75470.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 9:24:00 PM More reviews by atomic_girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Some cheap makeup items are diamonds in the rough. NYC Mineral Lipstick is not one of those products. It's dry and hard like a crayon, and it smells like a crayon, too. I snapped it off the base trying to apply it. I could have spent that $2.29 on a nice cup of coffee or something.