November 24, 2014 | 1335 users online

Crème - Revlon - PhotoReady Compact Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2014 6:28:00 AM More reviews by flashdanzer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am having a love hate relationship with this foundation. I found this product goes on much better with a flat kabuki brush instead of the included sponge. The finish is flawless full coverage but because of the obvious silicone ingredients it sits on top of your skin which means it has a lot of movement throughout the day. Also I never really understand why makeup is marketed as photo finish but then contains sunscreen which isn't ideal when being photographed. The packaging is tricky and messy. Usually I'm a fan of Revlon foundation but I won't be repurchasing this compact.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2014 1:13:00 PM More reviews by madhura7

Perfect compact for girls with fair skin! I absolutely love the flawless finish of this compact. I have an oily acne prone fair skin.. this compact does an amazing job by giving me a smooth glowy skin and does hide my acne marks.. No doubt it is quiet expensive bt fr those who can afford.. I wud say give it a try ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2013 7:33:00 PM More reviews by pattyshine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the Photoready Compact by Revlon. However, it makes so much difference in the way I use this makeup. Let me say first that I have dry, mature skin. My coloring is fair. This is why I like it:
First of all, though I have dry skin, I must use a good moisturizer. l have used Estee Lauder Daywear Plus for many years. I use two shades of the makeup - a light layer of Vanilla, and then another light layer of Shell. I use a bit of a darker powder over this, just a bit, hardly any.
The reason I am so in love with this make-up is because the shades, when I mix them, light up my skin. I have fine pores already, and this makeup makes my skin look ultra smooth like it did years ago. I almost think I am cheating:) The secret to any makeup is the application, and we all know that already. I usually play with any foundation first to give it a chance, using different surface powders, and again, only the smallest bit (of powder, that is). I think mature skin needs a vibrancy that only the colors of the makeup can give us. By mixing Vanilla and Shell, this is what I get - aliveness and a great finished look. I stay away from ashiness as much as I can and think Revlon has some "light-up" shades:) I wish they had not discontinued this.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/31/2013 4:15:00 AM More reviews by SarahmmmKaye

PACKAGING: Hated this packaging. It was messy and I had to take out the liquefying screen because it caused such a mess and hassle to get any product. Messy messy messy!

PRODUCT: Very drying. Everyday I used this I would moisturize well and it still stuck and dried out my skin. It's very thick and would be a concealer if it's coverage were better. It does oxidize early and then it's kind of notable. One thing I liked was that I didn't have to set it and had to oil problems.

FINISH: Semi- Matte. I didn't have to set it and had no major oil problems. POWDER FINISH.

COVERAGE: Light to medium of coverage and absolutely do not put of acne! it dries out your skin and makes it so noticeable. It doesn't cover redness in my case

Would use it if I had to.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2013 11:30:00 AM More reviews by Meriel65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Makeup is so subjective: some people love a glowy, dewy look. I can't stand it. Others like uber-matte lips; again, it's a horrible look for me and I can't pull it off. Or: a person chooses a color that looks bad on their particular tone, but it might look wonderful on someone else. I don't understand rating a color poorly unless, for example in a foundation, that color just does NOT appear in nature.

That said: I quite liked the actual Revlon product. I agree: if you have dry skin this will magnify the problem unless you moisturize well. This sets to a powdery fairly matte finish, which I like because of my oily skin. I think the packaging is rather gimicky. The mesh screen gets in the way and I figure I'll have to remove it at some point to get to the product when it runs low. Perhaps it was needed, though, to control the fairly soft cream texture. It might have worked better in a jar or pot. I like that it has mineral sunscreen; chemical sunscreens and I do not get along, at least, not when applied to my face.

I bought the shade Vanilla, which has a nice yellow undertone to it. My problem is that it is about one shade too light. I might try to use it up anyway, or put it up for swap. The main reasons I wouldn't buy this again is that it does transfer a bit; and I just don't want to take another chance with a shade that might not work. Oh, I wish testers were available for every makeup product. Also, the packaging was rather bulky and takes up a lot of space. But the product itself is pretty nice, if you are willing to work with the finish by moisturizing if needed, and can find a good color match without having to run back and forth returning and exchanging at the store.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2013 1:14:00 PM More reviews by kellyscott55

This foundation made my skin look super dry and streaky. I found this product hard to work with and blend properly. It didn't have much of a coverage either. Not a fan.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has become my holy grail foundation. I bought this because I was on vacation and forgot to pack my liquid foundation. After using +$60 foundations in the past from Chanel and other high-end brands, I was pleased to find that Revlon's Photoready Compact was so great.

It is a cream foundation that becomes liquid when you press on the screen and apply it with the sponge. This product is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. My sensitive skin did not break out as it usually does. I got no type of skin reaction whatsoever and it also includes SPF. I took one lippie off because it might look cakey if you put too much on so application and setting with some light powder is key.

Totally sold out everywhere, I was lucky enough to find a few left in my shade Shell on ebay. LOVE IT and will use it until it is discontinued.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by Scarletxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this foundation when Myer was out of stock of my normal foundation. It isn't too bad, it has a nice matte finish and good coverage however I just found it way too drying for my skin. Also I hated the idea of the grid which I ended up removing, I wasn't really a fan of the packaging either it was just too big and bulky. It didn't work for me but I'm sure it does for some.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The lightest shade, Vanilla 100, was a great match for my super pale skin. I applied it in a stippling manner with a flat-top brush and achieved lovely, natural-looking coverage. It didn't last, though. It started looking caky and oily very soon after applying. At the end of the day when I removed it, I had some freshly clogged pores and whiteheads to deal with. Another junk product from Revlon.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2012 5:39:00 PM More reviews by RobinMaryAgnes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

packaging is clever: product, as others have mentioned is beyond cakey.. I like the idea of the screen, and a liquid in a compact

Revlon has had some really good foundations in the past.. If Revlon could reintroduce a liquid compact makeup for dry skin, not patchy cakey, clingy it would be a hit

Got it at CVS on clearance Week of Dec 12,.. I can see why.

Many of Revlon's products are hits or misses.. Some are really good, others just bad.