September 1, 2014 | 1038 users online

Conditioner - Alterna - Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by emem054

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo and Conditioner. Just for a quick background, I have dry, damaged hair that's going through texture change due to pregnancy (yay!). I got a deluxe sample of this set at Sephora and I loved using it! Every time I used it, my hair was faster drying, softer, and shinier. It also had a bit more body without drying my scalp too much. I felt the scent was not overpowering, but pleasant. I think the only downside to this set is the price. I am going to purchase the set the next time I run out of shampoo and conditioner, and I think the real test is if I am willing to buy it again after that! But, for now, this makes my damaged, unruly pregnancy hair tame and soft!

Pros:
+ Paraben, Pthalate, and Sulfate free (plus some others I cannot remember)
+ Makes my hair soft and manageable
+ Smells nice

Cons:
- High price

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 9:28:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

Have loved this for years. I alternate between this and a diff volumizing conditioner because it can be heavy.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Mrright1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

No nice way to say it ladies.......garbage. Very glad Sephora had a $8.00 sample size. Did not detangle, soften, or improve my hair in anyway. Left it dry and lifeless. Just my experience.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2014 12:07:00 AM More reviews by suggrr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

The full title on my small 1.35 fl oz/40 ml bottle says "Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Conditioner." This conditioner claims to nourish and restore dry hair. Now maybe I'm a slack-jawed yokel, but I don't think it does anything to improve the condition of my hair. What does it do? It gives you the most amazing, soft hair. You will want to touch it all day and swish your hair around, imagining everyone staring at you with intense hair envy. You'll daydream about yourself stepping out of a taxi in New York City, purposefully swinging your hair over one shoulder, striding forward with purpose, getting things done while having great hair. Unfortunately I think this conditioner achieves it's greatness at least in part from four- and possibly more- silicones. That includes my dreaded arch nemesis cyclopentasiloxane, which gives me body acne when found in conditioner. I'll regretfully have to settle for a dry, tangled rat's nest of hair, blearily tumbling out of my car towards Target in search of milk and infant gas drops.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the travel size since it came highly recommended on the hair board. You seriously only need to use a little bit as this stuff is creamy and emollient. It has the same lemony generic scent as the shampoo. I found it very moisturizing but if you use too much your hair may become greasy feeling and weighed down. It is also protein based (rice protein in particular) so if you are sensitive, beware. My hair has been loving it but I can't use it daily since I like to rotate between moisturizing products and protein treatments. It costs about 11 dolars for the travel size at Ulta which is pretty good considering this conditioner is very pricey and I wanted to make sure that I liked it before committing to a bigger bottle. It leaves my hair glossy with less frizz after it air-dries and makes detangling very easy. My comb glided right though without running into any knots.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was very interested to try this conditioner and thankfully was able to get the travel-size bottle. My hair is naturally curly, dense, thick, coarse and very long (mid-back), my ends are dry but my scalp is oily. This conditioner is surprisingly light, not thick and heavy like most moisturizing conditioners. It spread easily through my hair so I only needed a blob about the size of a silver dollar. So even though itís expensive, a little goes a long way. The best part is that it makes my hair incredibly soft but does not weight down my curls. Although not specifically designed for curly hair (though I never seem to like conditioners made for curly hair), this calms frizz and defines my curls. The fragrance is a clean, light citrus scent that dissipates quickly. The cap of the full-size bottle is odd, you twist, upend, and then squeeze. Thankfully, itís a spill-proof cap, but it does require two hands; and the bottle itself is very skinny and so I can squeeze it one-handed. Still, I love this conditioner and will continue to buy.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/17/2013 2:00:00 AM More reviews by terev

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have A LOT of thick, lush, waist length, healthy, naturally curly hair, which I blow dry straight. This shampoo (and conditioner) left my hair feeling like rope! When I was washing it off I could feel my roots and every other part (as the lather was being rinsed away) turn harder and more rough! I had to use all of the 1.35oz trial sized conditioner just to be able to comb it (with a wide toothed comb, in the shower, with conditioner on) as I usually do. I hated it!! Terrible!! The conditioner isn't strong enough to combat the effects of the terrible shampoo (of the same line). If I was to use this it would ruin my hair. I'm posting a pic of what my hair usually looks like, not how it came out the day I used this product.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2013 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Andio

This product is simply the best. I have tried almost every organic, drugstore, department store and salon product out there. This paired with the shampoo is just awesome. It actually transformed my hair. My hair was so dry. I abuse it. Highlight, lowlight, hair dryer, straightening iron....curling iron ect. I have naturally curly hair that is thick but fine. I tried this on advice from a Sephora rep and did not think it would deliver results. I have tried all of their other shampoos and conditioner and did not think that they lived up to the price or the hype. This however was FABULOUS. I highly recommend you give this a try if you have dry hair. It is just that good.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by alex516

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

My hair was so incredibly DRY until I found this little gem of a product. Now I can't live without this stuff and have already repurchased. Can't wait to try the shampoo and the rest of the line.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by ManchesterMaggie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow so happy found the conditioner and shampoo. Hair was so sleek and shiny after drying. Def a must have! pricey but worth it and a little goes a long way.
Will repurchase