Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Moisture Conditioner

3.8

Water/Aqua/Eau, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Behentrimonium Chloride, Centrimonium Chloride, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Hydrolyzed Rice Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Ascorbic Acid, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Caviar Extract, Polysilicone-15, Phospholipids, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Divinyldimethicone/Dimethicone Copolymer, Algae Extract, Jojoba Esters, Centrimonium Bromide, Dimethiconol, Saccharomyces/Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces/Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces/Zinc Ferment, Saccharomyces/Iron Ferment, Superoxide Dismutase, Amodimethicone, C11-15 Pareth-7, Glycereth-26, C12-13 Pareth 23, C12-13 Pareth 3, Trideceth-12, Polyquaternium-37, Laureth-9, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Lauryl Glucoside, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Butylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Citric Acid, Methylisothiazolinone, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum).

on 3/5/2015 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I got this conditioner with the matching shampoo as part of a bonus rewards at Sephora.

I like this conditioner. Not as much as I like the shampoo, but I still liked it. My hair is thick, coarse and curly. It gets dried, straightened and ironed 3-4X a week. I think this conditioner did a good job softening my hair and adding shine while still maintaining bounce. I used a squirt about the size of a Loonie coin and massaged it in from ears down. I liked the smell...so fresh and clean and how easily it rinsed out. I also liked how long I could go between shampoos. If I washed my hair Monday I wouldn't have to wash it again until Thursday. What I don't like is the price; $40 for conditioner? No. If the conditioner was $20 cheaper, it would be my go-to.

on 1/18/2015 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My hair hates silicones, especially the cyclo cones -which is high on the list of ingredients in this conditioner. Why do I always fall for hype and buy these cone-filled conditioners? Just because it's expensive, doesn't make it any different. After using this, my hair was greasy, but dry, frizzy, and stringy. The look and feel of my hair was so raggedy that I needed to clarified the next day-and I rarely clarify because it can be drying. If your hair loves strong silicones, give it a try. Actually, save your money. Just go pick up any cheap dish at the drugstore because most of them have the cyclo cones, and this expensive conditioner was no different than them.

I live in a very dry climate. So that and the fact that my hair is processed makes my hair very dry, staticy and lifeless.
I have tried various drug store and salon brands. Nothing helped.
I finally gave up the ghost and decided to put a bit more money into my conditioner. After doing some research and reading reviews (between here and Sephora) I decided on Alterna.
Fantastic. From the very first wash I notices NO static, volume and bounce - something I haven't seen in years. After a few weeks the results are still spectacular and I now how have the beautiful, shiny hair I have envied for so long.

Notes:
I use a drug store shampoo with it.
My hair is fine but thick (lots of hair).
It does not weigh my hair down.
Because of the condition of my hair - it has not made it greasy or any other negative effects.
It is pricey. But I don't mind paying for something that actually does work. That being said, I have not tried Joico and may, just to compare since it is cheaper. But if that doesn't work this will be my HG.
The bottle is easy to handle and open.

Nope! As with the shampoo, this worked the first time and had very disappointing results after that. It smells rich and fragrant, but that's where the positives end. It's normally extravagantly expensive and didn't work as well as my husband's cheap Head and Shoulders. My thick, moderately damaged but easily tamed hair turned frizzy and puffy.
If you're looking for an alternative, try Joico Moisture Recovery. Every so often I stray from this lovely line and regret it!

on 12/7/2014 8:38:00 PM

Excellent moisturizing conditioner, but very pricey. $32 for a 8.5oz bottle, which is a smidge cheaper than Philip Kingsley's Moisture Extreme and way more expensive than Joico's Moisture Recovery. I wish this didn't cost so much because I love the results. This conditioner leaves my hair super-smooth, silky, manageable, everything that I want. This is a top-notch conditioner and my dry, thirsty hair just drinks it up. My only complaint is that it doesn't provide quite as much slip as I would like. This and the pricetag are what make this conditioner fall short of HG status.
I'd buy this again but only with some type of discount. This is sold at both Sephora and Ulta, and it's something I would pick up during a sale or if I had a coupon. In the meantime I'm going to stick with Joico MR, not only is it my HG but it's also much more affordable.
But if you don't mind spending the money, I recommend this product very highly.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

My Favorite conditioner! The perfect shampoo!
For my nordic, highlighted, long fine, blonde hair this conditioner (and the shampoo) is perfection. I really like how my hair gets soft and touchable, but not heavy - like many moisturing conditioners can make it feel. It also keeps soft for some days. The price is high, but a bottle lasts very long because you only need a very small quantity every time. I like the packaging. It stands upsidedown so you donīt have to shake the fluid out. I some times take a small amount after rinsing and leave in on the ends. Higly recommended!

on 8/30/2014 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This review is for the Alterna Caviar Anti-Aging Shampoo and Conditioner. Just for a quick background, I have dry, damaged hair that's going through texture change due to pregnancy (yay!). I got a deluxe sample of this set at Sephora and I loved using it! Every time I used it, my hair was faster drying, softer, and shinier. It also had a bit more body without drying my scalp too much. I felt the scent was not overpowering, but pleasant. I think the only downside to this set is the price. I am going to purchase the set the next time I run out of shampoo and conditioner, and I think the real test is if I am willing to buy it again after that! But, for now, this makes my damaged, unruly pregnancy hair tame and soft!

Pros:
+ Paraben, Pthalate, and Sulfate free (plus some others I cannot remember)
+ Makes my hair soft and manageable
+ Smells nice

Cons:
- High price

Have loved this for years. I alternate between this and a diff volumizing conditioner because it can be heavy.

on 5/10/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

No nice way to say it ladies.......garbage. Very glad Sephora had a $8.00 sample size. Did not detangle, soften, or improve my hair in anyway. Left it dry and lifeless. Just my experience.

on 4/2/2014 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

The full title on my small 1.35 fl oz/40 ml bottle says "Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Moisture Conditioner." This conditioner claims to nourish and restore dry hair. Now maybe I'm a slack-jawed yokel, but I don't think it does anything to improve the condition of my hair. What does it do? It gives you the most amazing, soft hair. You will want to touch it all day and swish your hair around, imagining everyone staring at you with intense hair envy. You'll daydream about yourself stepping out of a taxi in New York City, purposefully swinging your hair over one shoulder, striding forward with purpose, getting things done while having great hair. Unfortunately I think this conditioner achieves it's greatness at least in part from four- and possibly more- silicones. That includes my dreaded arch nemesis cyclopentasiloxane, which gives me body acne when found in conditioner. I'll regretfully have to settle for a dry, tangled rat's nest of hair, blearily tumbling out of my car towards Target in search of milk and infant gas drops.

Top Rated Alterna Products