October 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Moisturizers - La Mer - Oil Absorbing Lotion

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

really loved this face cream. was perfect for my oily/combo skin. non greasy and seemed to heal my rough looking skin. not keen on the fragrance but as it works i'll gladly by again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Constantine22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Well, I start to believe in miracles! I do not know what to say about this moisturizer or La Mer in general! I went to the closest department's La Mer corner & the La Mer expert gave me two samples of the Creme De La Mer: the gel/creme & the oil absorbing lotion!
I have super oily/acne prone skin with large pores and acne marks...so i started to use the gel/creme on the night and the oil absorbing lotion on the day as the expert said me that those to formulations are specific for oily skins! I have use everything from pharmaceutical products to Estee Lauder, Clinique, La Prairie or even Dr. Sebagh!
For start gel/creme seems to be to oily for skin but not in a heavy way! The oil absorbing gave a soft mat finish that i was not use to because i used totally MAT products! But after a couple days my face started to calm and the acne scars were faded and a radiance came all over! The price is over the imagination but If that's my moisturizer i am gonna stick to it! So I went to buy the Oil Absorbing lotion as a package and for the first time after so many years my skin is really healthy! WOW! I really don't know what to say!

So, I always cleanse my face with the holy grail of Chanel, Gel Purete...
Exfloliate with Ducray's Non Alcohol Lotion & Moisturizing with The Oil Absorbing lotion!

And Protect with my ALL TIME FAVOURITE Sunscreen: CHANEL UV ESSENTIEL guys this sunscreen works on oily skin!!!

Well Done La Mer!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/31/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by Cleanandpolished

Received a lot of these as a sample from my other La Mer purchases.
It keeps my face matte, but I find my foundation sliding and my skin peeking through as the day ends. I knocked one lippie off due to its price. I don't believe in the overpriced pricetag for what it has to offer. It is also rather thick as a moisturizer and often times, I result back to my moisturizing gel during the summer. For me, this is not enough for the winter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

Love this! I have an oily t-zone with large pores on my nose and cheeks .... Well, I HAD skin like that, but not anymore since using the Oil Absorbing lotion! My large pores are now so small and my skin looks so refined - I can't believe the difference this lotion has made! My skin is not even that oily during the day anymore when I wear this! I love it! I know what people say about the "Miracle Broth", and how some people think it's just hype or a gimmick, but I can tell you that my skin has never looked so good as since I started using La Mer .... So I believe in the Miracle Broth! Whatever it is, it works!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by louise7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only product that I have come across that actually control my oily skin!

Since I had my wee boy just over 2 years ago, my skin has completely changed - it has become so oily! Itís nearly like a grease rather than an oil, Iím a MUA & honestly Iíve never seen skin as oily as mine! Make up started sliding off so quickly & in my job itís so important for it to always look flawless but I just donít have the time to be constantly re-applying.

My Mum swears by La Mer products & was always trying to get me to try hers because I seen the cream she had - it looked more like lard to me, so that always put me off. But anywho, she came home 1 day with samples of the Oil Absorbing Lotion so I thought Iíd give it a whirl & OH. MY. GOD! Itís the first thing that actually works on my skin & Iíve tried almost everything! I went out & bought it as soon as I could. It keeps me matt most of the day - which was my primary concern, but my skin is also glowing! Despite having oily skin my skin didnít really get many spots etc , so I didnít notice much difference that way bit it was definitely more radiant!

Despite the price I will definitely be buying this again! LOVE it! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2011 9:33:00 AM More reviews by sallysp

I am so glad I joined this website today, reading the other reviews has made me realise how well this cream has really worked for me. After the first day or two there was a definite glow and WOW factor, but I thought it had faded. But today, after reading the reviews (as I was pondering whether or not to buy it again) I noticed that 1) my quite large pores have actually totally closed up, 2) my usually oily skin is still matt at 3pm in afternoon and make up looking good 3) skin less flaky...... so thankyou for putting into words what I was not noticing!
I will be definitely be purchasing again, but I am now thinking of one of the thicker creams for night as I am getting older 38! perhaps the Gel or the Moisturizing Lotion?

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2011 1:36:00 PM More reviews by cherryme

I had high hopes for such an expensive product.
I used this product just few times because it gave me pimples. I continued using even after giving me pimples because I said my skin will get used to it. I had to stop it.
Now I'm still recovering from the small pimples on my forehead and the big ones on my chin and nose.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/15/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by nana7788

A product that costs more than 200$...you would think that it's made out of gold! This broke me out...plain and simple. It's just not for me. I use it as a body lotion now not many choices since the store I bought it has a no return policy : (

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 10:21:00 PM More reviews by BrownEyes01

I really like this product. It does control oil well. Usually my skin gets oily within a couple of hours of applying my makeup. This can give me about 8 hours or so before I feel the need to blot my face. I do like that it comes in a pump however you cannot see how much product is left so it's hard to see when you are running out. Not sure if I would purchase this product again. I remember that the Proactiv Oil Free Moisturizer worked pretty well for me so after I run out of this, I will try that again and see how I like it. If it does not control oil as well, then I will fork out the $190 for the La Mer. Sigh.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by kellijhudson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing, oil free, matte lotion. It completly agrees with my skin which is oily in the T zone and can sometimes be dry on my lips and cheeks. This is super expensive! My most expensive beauty product but worth it to me. I pay $190 for 1.7 ounces at Neimans or Saks in the US or LaMer online offers 3.4 ounces for $310 so you save $80. I took a lippy off for packaging because you can't see the product through the bottle so you don't know when you're getting close to running out. It's lightly fragranced, not over powering and keeps my skin from shining. This product has helped the appearance of my skin and never breaks me out. I'm acne prone the week before my monthly cycle or if I eat badly. This my favorite lotion and I'm happy a little goes along way so I can continue to splurge on it. 2-3 pumps covers my face, throat and chest area and the 1.7 oz bottle lasted 6 months. I'm expecting the 3.4 oz to last about a year with applying twice daily.