L'Oreal Infallible 16hr foundation

3.5

Water, Isododecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Acrylates/Polytrimethylsiloxymethacrylate Copolymer, Glycerin, Bis PEG/PPG 14/14 Dimethicone, PTFE, Nylon 12, Hydrogenated Styrene/Isoprene Copolymer, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Isostearyl Diglyceryl Succinate, PEG 10 Dimethicone, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylene Carbonate, Magnesium Gluconate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), May Contain:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this foundation. I'm tossing out my revlon CS and keeping this one in the rotation. It stays on my face all day and makes my skin look smooth. It really keeps my face looking fresh all day, from the morning when I apply til the end. It doesn't make me break out, and the shades match me way better than revlon which tend to look off on me. If you have pinker undertones than revlon might be more for you but if you have skin that is more yellow based, I would stick with loreal. Also, doesn't have any weird smells or feel cakey. I wouldn't call this completely full coverage so if you have pigmentation or acne scarring you might still need a concealer, but it does even out skin tone pretty well! Getting more when I run out!

on 4/5/2015 2:47:00 AM

When it comes to my skin I have two different extremes. Very oily t-zone and dry everywhere else. Not ideal to say the last. I take care of my skin and always use primers. I heard good things about this on you tube to I bought it. It melts off my face over two hours, looks hideous. It oxides. It stuck to my dry patches. I always hoard make up but I'd give this one away.

on 3/25/2015 6:56:00 PM

Sorry folks! If you have dry skin this is probably not for you. This looked really cakey and not natural at all on me. The colour was the wrong match for me as well, to orange looking. Its really hard to find a good drugstore colour match if you are as pale as myself.It does last a long time though and it might work for someone with oily skin, however I would not recommend this. If you do have normal to try skin and are looking for a foundation that will last and still look natural I would highly recommend the Clarins everlasting foundation. Its more expensive but to me its well worth it and its what I always go back to. It has a satin to matte finnish to it and it looks really nice and natural, gives good coverage and lasts all day on me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a difficult review for me because this was actually the very first foundation I ever tried. 5 years ago when I began my journey with makeup, this is what I first experimented with. When I first tried this foundation, I had VERY dry skin and extremely bad acne. It was not good for that. It made my dry patches look even worse and when using it over prominent acne, made my skin look very bumpy and just... not good. So over the years I experimented with other foundations and eventually found myself coming back to this a few months ago. Remembering how I reacted to it the first time, I was not giving it very much hope. However, I was pleasantly surprised. My skin is a lot better now, with very few breakouts and only some slight redness on my nose/cheek area. It is very blendable and gives good coverage without feeling too cakey or heavy. It's a little too shiny for my taste so I do have to use a matte-ifying powder over it to reduce the shine. The lasting power is good, but it oxidizes HORRIBLY. As another reviewer has said, it looks flawless when I first put it on but when I get home and look in the mirror it looks at least 2-3 shades darker and has a very orange tint. Not good at all. All of this would be okay if it wasn't so expensive for a drugstore foundation ($12-$13/bottle where I live), as well as the fact that it is discontinued so if you wish to purchase it you would have to do so online. So I do have a soft spot for this foundation because I do have a history with it, but the oxidization as well as the price make it a no-go for me :(

on 1/21/2015 10:03:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Everyone is raving about this foundation. I purchased this with high hopes, but unfortunately I am not in love. I have dryish skin, I am over 40 and feel this foundation does not look great on my skin. I think it is better for someone with a little more oil in there skin. I am taking it back.

on 1/20/2015 7:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm now on my second bottle, but I don't think I'll repurchase after this bottle.

It sits quite nicely on my dry skin, without clinging to particularly dry areas, and has a nice finish that gives the look of healthy, glowing skin without being oily or cakey.

It blends really nicely, and is reasonably thin but with good pigmentation, so doesn't feel heavy on the skin, and I didn't find it irritated or caused breakouts on my sensitive skin, fortunately, and only required a slight dab of powder to set.

I have rather pale skin, and the lightest shade looks like a good match on my skin, but this is where there's an issue...

IT OXIDISES HORRIBLY! By that, I mean I go out of the house looking nice and pale, and return (it has good staying power, I'll give it that), looking like I had put my foundation in a blender with orange paint... not really the look I'm going for! I had this problem with True Match too, so I'm wondering if it's an all-round L'oreal problem, which I rather wish they'd fix, as the foundations are otherwise great!

Not for long wear if you don't want to be orange <3

on 12/28/2014 2:10:00 AM

Bought this because I'm looking for a foundation that won't break me out and the ingredients in this one weren't on the list of bad ones. Anywho. First impression was that it looked verrry chalky, covers pretty well, and that it was very matte. After a couple minutes my skin looked SUPER dry and unnatural, it seeped into lines (lines I didn't even know existed) and all of my blemishes showed up a weird purple color. By the end of the day (8hrs) my skin LOOKED dry and flaky but was oily to the touch....ew. Won't be using this again. Can't believe it got good reviews. Also, the pump doesn't lock, the first 15 or so pumps came out as literally just oil, and it clogged my pores heavily. DONT BUY

on 12/20/2014 5:54:00 PM

I like this very much. Excellent color match and coverage. I do apply with a brush which makes application easier. It does last all day. My skin tend to be a bit dry and the foundation does not get greasy. It doesn't require powder.

on 12/7/2014 12:50:00 AM

I like the way this foundation gives my face a non greasy flawless glow. Although i cannot say it covers all my blemishes. My favourite l'oreal foundation by far was cashmere but unfortunately it is discontinued :(

on 10/30/2014 3:55:00 PM

This foundation looks great on my skin when applied, but once I go to school and sit in the sun. It slides off my face and goes patchy! So disappointed :(