April 19, 2014 | 1750 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Infallible 16hr foundation

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gem2710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm torn between two stars and three stars, but I've chosen three as it could just be me who this product doesn't work for... Maybe I'm doing something wrong! Anyway, I got the second lightest shade, Vanilla, and it was way too dark for me. I looked so orange that I think even the lightest shade would probably be too dark for me. Yes I am pale but not that pale! Coverage is pretty good but can look very cakey, and after a while the product sometimes separates on my face and leaves me looking a patchy mess. It's hard to rub in too. Could just be me though as I know of another girl who uses this and she looks good, albeit a bit fake. I guess it depends on what look you're going for. I would possibly repurchase if on offer, to see if the lightest shade would give better results. Pretty expensive for what it is too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation a lot. I have oily skin and big nose pores and I think that this works so well to hide those flaws. I would say that this is a medium-high level coverage foundation and I need just one pump to cover my entire face. It feels pretty light to me, even though it is good coverage. The formula is thin to me, which caused me surprise when it covered so well. However, anytime I have tried more than 1 coat, it looks really plastic-y a few hours later. I always put powder over foundation and this really didn't need much. It is pretty matte and dries quickly.

It does last a long time, as advertised, and stands up well to bad weather conditions (I have found many fall apart in high heat and rainy/humid weather). I use my fingers to apply and find it bends easily and quickly.

I am MAC NW 15 and I wear the lightest shade available and I think it is a good match. It looks darker to me in the bottle than it does when I actually put it on.

Major drawback (but I would still buy again) is that my pump failed me and I could not get it to work. I had to take it to my brother and have him try to fix it, which he did. Otherwise, I was going to toss it. It doesn't open up (meaning the pump is sealed to the bottle so you can't open it at all).

This is one of my first Loreal foundations is a long time and I am so pleased! It is pricey, though, and other foundations at the drugstore are comparable (Revlon colorstay) but I have to say, I really like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by ActNaturally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I have very pale skin and acne I struggle to find a good coverage pale foundation. This seems to be the best of the best. I lasts me for the while day when I'm out and about and it is just my saviour. The price could be cheaper but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it because there isn't another product as good. There is also a lot of product so you just about get your money's worth

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PreetGill93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always come back to this foundation. It is perfect for medium brown people such as I (Indian background). I feel the foundation has a now yellow undertone which gives a better match then other foundations such as Mac Studio Fix which has a very orange undertone.

If the foundation is applied with stippling brush, it gives a flawless finish. For an added glow, mix Mac strobe cream or liquid.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried all kinds of foundations from all brands, drugstore and high end, and was surprized how well this worked. It has medium coverage, which usually isnīt enough for me but it looks nice enough on the skin. It pretty much does what it says when it comes to lasting power. Sometimes I get 16 hours from this, which is amazing considering that many high end foundations completly fail on that part. My skin is a little bit on the dry side and this foundation never dries me out. On the opposite it looks hydrating on my skin when I apply it. It has a kind of a matte finish but I do have to blot trough out the day or it will end upp greasy. It sets very fast so you have to work quickly. I guess it is very comparable to Revlon Colorstay in that way, and many other ways acctually. Kind of weird but my skin likes it. Though I should say that if you apply too much it can and will look cakey. I always try to use as little as possible and blend it in very thoroughly. Might be a bit heavy for those who like a natural finish. Because of the coverage you can definitely tell that you are wearing foundation. It also runs a tiny bit orange, barely noticable but still.. It got two lippies off from me because of the heavy glass packaging and the greasyness, but all in all itīs an ok foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for years now! I have experimented with other more cheaper options in between but nothing has yet to provide the long lasting matte finish that Infallible dose.

Pros
1) really does last all day!
2) does not wash off easily at all
3) I have genetic dark circles under my eyes - this provides good coverage and really does reduce my look of fatigue and tiredness from the circles
4) I have fair skin and use creamy natural shade which is perfect! - I use it all year round, sometimes adding bronzer in summer and an ivory pressed powder in winter over the top
5) spreads evenly and easily across my face

Cons:
1) It is on the pricey end of foundation - $47.90 here in NZ - which has forced me to have to try other brands when money has been tight
2) it does set relatively quickly so if you are one of people who takes their time applying foundation then its not for you. I like it because I quickly spread it everywhere and I'm set for the day!
3) By the end of the day fine lines may look more apparent, just because of the matte finish which I often get with all long-day wear foundations

Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2013 8:54:00 AM More reviews by ankosh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is my first review on makeup product, first i like this product so much when i first have it i apply it with my sigma F80 kabuki brush with no powder as i have dry skin, and i like the colore it matches my very pale skin perfectly althouh it has a pinky tone to it but it doesnt show as my skin is pure white no undertones !!
but after aplying it a couple of times i noticed some breakout and this have never happenes before as i have a very clear skin
so bad as i really love it so much the finishing is what i realy like satiny with a skin like effect.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by emily0212

Dang, I haven't even had this stuff on my face 3 hours and I'm almost ready to give it HG status. But not yet. :-)

This stuff is so hard to find in drugstores!!! Not everyone carries it. I almost thought it was discontinued. I was out of town at a CVS and spotted it. I'm using the lightest shade, Soft Ivory. If I had to complain about one thing, it is a titch too pink, but I like yellower foundations. Goes on smooth, good coverage, dries quickly, and almost feels like I'm wearing nothing at all. No powder necessary. Not too dry, not too oily. Very matte, if you like that sort of thing. I love the pump! I hate the feeling of makeup slipping and sliding all over my face. This stuff is not budging.

Will update after a few more days of wear.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/8/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by emiliexenigma

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like the full coverage of this make up. What I don't like is how even the lightest shade is too dark for my skin tone.. It has too much of an orange-like tint to it and it causes my skin tone on my face and my skin tone on the rest of my body not to match when I wear it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/28/2013 4:22:00 PM More reviews by laupsy

This foundation (in classic ivory) looks absolutely beautiful on me, EXCEPT, it's pink. I've never seen a foundation make my skin look so flawless, but the amount of pink that it has has ruined it for me. I'll wear this foundation in the winter when only my face shows, but other than that, the search for the perfect foundation continues.
It's important to note that before using, you HAVE to shake it pretty vigorously or else it'll come out in a runny consistency.