July 31, 2014 | 1384 users online

Liquid - L'Oreal - Infallible 16hr foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2014 8:32:00 AM More reviews by SweetBuure

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

This foundation provides a good coverage. It has a great range of colours especially for those with very pale skin. If you have normal skin its a good one.

However it does not last for sixteen hours. I'd say it lasts for ten perhaps. The coverage starts to go after a few hours leaving those pesky spots on show. In also not sure about its "all day radiance" claim. I find it to be closer to matte than radiant. Also the most important thing to note is how HARD IT IS TO PUT ON. Applying with a sponge is near impossible, it clumps and looks blotchy. I'd advise using a stippling or a buffing brush. As well as that, if you have dry skin or have a tendency to get dry patches put this product back on the shelf and walk away. It clings to dry patches and looks entirely unattractive. Also the same goes for oily skin, trust me the foundation will be sliding off your face by the end of the day.

The packaging though is alright as it has a pump but I wish it was slightly more elegant.. we cant have it all though :)

Looking back at this i find myself asking so why did I use this product for about six months with all the negatives? Its because of the colour. If you have very pale skin you will know how hard it is to find a foundation that doesn't look orange on you but gives you the coverage you need. I got mine in what i believe to be the lightest colour: shade 15 porcelain.

It is a good foundation to find in a drugstore but in certain you can find better for a cheaper price, but i doubt you'll find the same shades for pale skin.

Hope this helped:)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by sawitham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have used this product for a while but after doing a bit of research, found that it was making my bad skin worse. It has very good coverage but you constantly have to blot your face or put powder on if you have oily skin. It does also have a tendency to go patchy too.... Shame really as I liked this foundation the first time I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by Makeupaddict100

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'll start off with the positives:
For me, the colour was fantastic. Being pale with slight pink tones, it has always been tricky for me to find an exact match. I think this is the closest I've come drugstore-wise
The new packaging is great, a sturdy glass bottle that stops it feeling cheap, a nice bright red lid that makes a satisfying noise when taking it off an on (I know I'm weird) and a helpful pump that helps control how much you want. It now looks nothing like the picture above

Now for the cons...
Price. This foundation was £13 in superdrug - way way WAY too much in my opinion, for the quality
Coverage. The coverage is medium to full, infact more full, even if you put a slight bit on - it's all or nothing
Staying Power. It lasts about 3 or maybe 4 hours with powder - nothing like the 16 hours it claims
Finish. Meh. When blended it is semi matt but a chalky horrible matt, and when not blended it is greasy even on my dry skin
And finally the worst:
TEXTURE. I cannot stress enough how bad this is for dry skin. It is extremely drying when blended, clings to everything. I have tried exfoliating before application, using different amounts and brands of primer and foundation. Applying with a sponge, fingers and 4 different brushes. It is still terrible. The only time it doesn't cling is when you don't blend it - you literally just slap it on without doing anything, and then it is shiny - not dewy- SHINY and of course streaky, patchy and uneven.

So overall I would not buy this again. For oily skin go for it - especially i you have very fair skin like me, and I think a real techniques stippling brush is the one I found the best, or a damp beauty blender sponge, Combination, dry or very dry please don't waste your money!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Rheuai

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shade: 605 nude beige

PROS:
- has a pump
- medium coverage
- goes on beautifully - smooth
- perfect for dry skin
- does not emphasize my pores

CONS:
- not for oily skin - oil throughout the day will ruin this foundation
- gets kind of spotchy and cakey around nose / above lip area at the end of the day
- it sets quickly, so move fast!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:34:00 PM More reviews by gem2710

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm torn between two stars and three stars, but I've chosen three as it could just be me who this product doesn't work for... Maybe I'm doing something wrong! Anyway, I got the second lightest shade, Vanilla, and it was way too dark for me. I looked so orange that I think even the lightest shade would probably be too dark for me. Yes I am pale but not that pale! Coverage is pretty good but can look very cakey, and after a while the product sometimes separates on my face and leaves me looking a patchy mess. It's hard to rub in too. Could just be me though as I know of another girl who uses this and she looks good, albeit a bit fake. I guess it depends on what look you're going for. I would possibly repurchase if on offer, to see if the lightest shade would give better results. Pretty expensive for what it is too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by peachesndream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation a lot. I have oily skin and big nose pores and I think that this works so well to hide those flaws. I would say that this is a medium-high level coverage foundation and I need just one pump to cover my entire face. It feels pretty light to me, even though it is good coverage. The formula is thin to me, which caused me surprise when it covered so well. However, anytime I have tried more than 1 coat, it looks really plastic-y a few hours later. I always put powder over foundation and this really didn't need much. It is pretty matte and dries quickly.

It does last a long time, as advertised, and stands up well to bad weather conditions (I have found many fall apart in high heat and rainy/humid weather). I use my fingers to apply and find it bends easily and quickly.

I am MAC NW 15 and I wear the lightest shade available and I think it is a good match. It looks darker to me in the bottle than it does when I actually put it on.

Major drawback (but I would still buy again) is that my pump failed me and I could not get it to work. I had to take it to my brother and have him try to fix it, which he did. Otherwise, I was going to toss it. It doesn't open up (meaning the pump is sealed to the bottle so you can't open it at all).

This is one of my first Loreal foundations is a long time and I am so pleased! It is pricey, though, and other foundations at the drugstore are comparable (Revlon colorstay) but I have to say, I really like this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 9:07:00 AM More reviews by ActNaturally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

As I have very pale skin and acne I struggle to find a good coverage pale foundation. This seems to be the best of the best. I lasts me for the while day when I'm out and about and it is just my saviour. The price could be cheaper but I wouldn't hesitate to buy it because there isn't another product as good. There is also a lot of product so you just about get your money's worth

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2013 12:39:00 AM More reviews by PreetGill93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I always come back to this foundation. It is perfect for medium brown people such as I (Indian background). I feel the foundation has a now yellow undertone which gives a better match then other foundations such as Mac Studio Fix which has a very orange undertone.

If the foundation is applied with stippling brush, it gives a flawless finish. For an added glow, mix Mac strobe cream or liquid.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by sm92soel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have tried all kinds of foundations from all brands, drugstore and high end, and was surprized how well this worked. It has medium coverage, which usually isn´t enough for me but it looks nice enough on the skin. It pretty much does what it says when it comes to lasting power. Sometimes I get 16 hours from this, which is amazing considering that many high end foundations completly fail on that part. My skin is a little bit on the dry side and this foundation never dries me out. On the opposite it looks hydrating on my skin when I apply it. It has a kind of a matte finish but I do have to blot trough out the day or it will end upp greasy. It sets very fast so you have to work quickly. I guess it is very comparable to Revlon Colorstay in that way, and many other ways acctually. Kind of weird but my skin likes it. Though I should say that if you apply too much it can and will look cakey. I always try to use as little as possible and blend it in very thoroughly. Might be a bit heavy for those who like a natural finish. Because of the coverage you can definitely tell that you are wearing foundation. It also runs a tiny bit orange, barely noticable but still.. It got two lippies off from me because of the heavy glass packaging and the greasyness, but all in all it´s an ok foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2013 4:11:00 AM More reviews by KitKatSeven

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using this foundation for years now! I have experimented with other more cheaper options in between but nothing has yet to provide the long lasting matte finish that Infallible dose.

Pros
1) really does last all day!
2) does not wash off easily at all
3) I have genetic dark circles under my eyes - this provides good coverage and really does reduce my look of fatigue and tiredness from the circles
4) I have fair skin and use creamy natural shade which is perfect! - I use it all year round, sometimes adding bronzer in summer and an ivory pressed powder in winter over the top
5) spreads evenly and easily across my face

Cons:
1) It is on the pricey end of foundation - $47.90 here in NZ - which has forced me to have to try other brands when money has been tight
2) it does set relatively quickly so if you are one of people who takes their time applying foundation then its not for you. I like it because I quickly spread it everywhere and I'm set for the day!
3) By the end of the day fine lines may look more apparent, just because of the matte finish which I often get with all long-day wear foundations

Highly recommend!