November 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Sephora - Precision Pore Cleansing Pad

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by jweeks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little guy is AMAZING. I need to exfoliate regularly, and I've been searching for the perfect product for years. Everything I've tried over the past 10 or so years is either to abrasive or is not effective. I bought this scrublet after stumbling across all the great reviews for it here. I tried not to get my hopes up too high, but this cleansing pad has been everything I hoped for and more! Not only does it exfoliate gently and effectively (two things I thought were mutually exclusive until I started using this product) but it makes washing my face super fun! It feels awesome on my skin and doesn't leave it at all irritated as other exfoliants do. Instead, it leaves my skin looking radiant, which is a word i never thought I'd get to use to describe my skin. I also feel like it helps my cleanser (honey+hemp seed oil+unscented liquid castile soap) do a better job at actually getting my face clean. In addition, it is making the hyper-pigmentation from past blemishes fade faster than they normally do. Not sure if it's because it is increasing circulation to my skin or because it's allowing my AHA night cream to penetrate more easily, but either way, I'm very happy about the results so far. I know that everyone's skin is different, so not everyone will love this product as much as I do, but for $6, I think it's definitely worth giving it a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/3/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by socharming

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

Let me start out by saying that I do not understand why so many women spend hundreds of dollars on Clarisonic brushes and refills (or the many knock-offs now available). Aside from the high cost, the brush heads are too big to effectively cleanse and adapt to facial contours, are unsanitary and carry bacteria, are too rough on delicate facial skin (back and forth motion), can deepen fine lines and wrinkles, and cause broken capillaries.

I bought one of these little pink cleansing pads 4 years ago at Sephora ($5), and I think it's one of the best kept beauty secrets out there. First off, after 4 years of regular use my little silicone pad and nubbles still look brand new. This thing just lasts and lasts. It exfoliates gently but VERY effectively, adapts easily to the contours of your face (especially around the nose), and is super easy to clean (just drop into a glass of 50/50 water and vinegar or rubbing alcohol and rinse off after an hour - clean and disinfected).

It works with just about any facial cleanser (I prefer to use it with a foaming cleanser) and takes only 15-20 seconds. And it's gentle enough to use daily or weekly, whatever your skin needs are. You won't need to purchase separate facial scrubs anymore!

Keep in mind that with regular exfoliation, there is less and less to exfoliate on a daily basis. Your skin cells turn over every 28 days, so no need to scrub your face like a bath tub.

And if you need an expensive Clarisonic brush for your daily cleansing ritual, you may want to rethink the facial cleanser you're using it with. It might just not be very effective.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2014 3:31:00 AM More reviews by alh011

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For 18RM at Sephora what an awesome little addition to your face care regime!

I wasn't looking for a scrub or anything, I'd already found what I was looking for at Sephora but I was wandering around enjoying their air conditioning when I noticed this. A quick look up on trusty MUA to check a few reviews and I was convinced it was worth giving a go, especially at that price.

Its a little slippery when wet and hard to hold onto but it's very gentle, works well with my foaming cleanser and my face feels cleaner without being aggregated, and looks...more radiant for lack of a better word!

I can't believe its so cheap, and I've since seen very similar versions at Daiso for 5RM.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2014 2:26:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this little pad. I alternate it with my Face Complexion Brush, also by Sephora. This pad is great for exfoliating your skin w/o over-irritating it. I have oily but mature skin that gets easily irritated if I go too rough on it. This pad is excellent. It cleans my skin, exfoliates it, and does not irritate it. It's only $6. The brush is $7. Together they amount to $15, give or take.

A humble word of advice to everyone. Never mind what the manufacturers say DO NOT use brushes (electric or manual) to remove your makeup. Remove your makeup FIRST (I suggest oils like DHC's Deep Oil) and THEN cleanse your skin with whatever you want.

I read some reviews about how people remove their MU with brushes and I nearly fainted. It sounded like torture. Do you really hate your skin that much? Washing MU off directly with brushes does exactly the opposite of what it claims to do. It just brushes the gunk into your pores and spreads bacteria around your face. No wonder some people break out like crazy after using such a method!

Yes, I know it's one more step, but surely nobody is so hopelessly lazy that they prefer to damage their skin - and then blame it on the brush - rather than take adding one little step to their routine.

Please listen to my advice. I speak from personal experience.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by rchiariello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Buy this doohickey for cleaning your makeup brushes! It is AMAZING! It gets out all of the gunk from within the bristles. It is especially helpful for stubborn foundation brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by saldiamond

this is SUPER gentle and great on my acne prone skin. i've dealt with a lot of flaking lately, and using this with my oil to remove my sunscreen helped to gently remove the flakes. my skin looks much much better. i got this for $6 at sephora, but it can be bought from china on ebay and amazon for much less, or at daiso for ~$2 if you have one near you.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by Jdeliz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I like it and have been using it for the past 3 years. It doesn't replace a good deep cleansing mask or scrub but it sure does a better job than just using your hands to wash your face.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2014 8:54:00 AM More reviews by missmelodya

having tried the clarisonic mia for a month and finding it too abrasive, i turned to this scrublet. for my sensitive skin, this scrublet does everything the clarisonic does without irritation. it exfoliates gently and effectively. it is easy to disinfect and maintain. because it is manually operated rather than mechanical, this scrublet gives me more pressure and exfoliation control. i would recommend this product to people with sensitive skin that need manual exfoliation - it is gentle enough to use every day and is effective. completely non-irritating. excellent price, especially considering the results. extends the longevity of facial cleansers as you need less; the scrublet does the work. going to buy back-ups and also give these as gifts to friends. everyone should try it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It does not exfoliate or removes dead skin, anything like that.
I wanted to love it, kept using for more than a week and then realized that there is no any difference. My skin does not feel cleaner, softer, it does nothing to my pores.
I can honestly say that Clarisonic Mia is much better. And any scrub is better than this.
US$6 not worth it, it will go back to store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 7:48:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great little scrublet! I must add that they sell this at Wal-Mart for around $2 and it's EXACTLY the same, even the same colour, by the brand SpaResource I believe.

This little guy helps your makeup come off - every last bit of it, and gives a deep, thorough clean :). A Clairisonic is just not worth the hundreds of dollars in my opinon when I've got this scrubber!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No