September 2, 2014 | 1902 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Tweety

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2011 12:39:00 PM More reviews by LNSklnjr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I just noticed this today at TJMaxx on clearance, admittedly now I should have purchased it. It looked a little cheap and juvenile but I sniffed it anyway - like the previous reviewer I got something remeniscent of Chanel Coco mlle or Miss Dior Cherie (no, honestly), so I sprayed a little on my wrist. The depth and lasting power is nothing like the designer fragrances obviously but the scent is clean and slightly sexy. I do not get any citrus from this w. my chemistry.
According to fragrantica, the notes are: bergamot, grapefruit, orange and pineapple. A heart awaits us with raspberry, rose, jasmine and water lily, while base notes add patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver and musk.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by georton

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Very pleasant lemon and (burnt?) sugar EDT that is not just for juveniles. I actually don't think juveniles will like it that much..it"s not overly sweet. It's not too strong like the other Aquolinas seem to be on me either. It comes in a bright yellow box with "Tweety" on it and has a cute yellow atomizer. It is very fresh, comforting to me
and lasts quite well. I actually went back to TJ MAXX to get another..I like it that much!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The only reason I purchased this is because I saw that Aquolina made it and with Pink Sugar's popularity, I figured this couldn't be too bad. I've been trying to get away from the "little girl", bubblegum fragrances, so the cute Tweety outer packaging should have sent me running. It didn't and...I couldn't bare to leave the last one on the shelf at Marshalls wondering "What If". What if it's really amazing and only limited edition? What if it turns out to be one of my favorites? Well, for $13, I figured I wasn't losing much so I took a chance. The initial spray was underwhelming. Just an ordinary fragrance made for 11 year olds....BUT after testing it the 2nd night, I ended up liking it. It's a light, muted floral with a mysterious edge. It has a smidgen of patchoulie which was a complete surprise considering Tweety's on the packaging. It's definetely a bit more complex than my original expectations. Not much staying power but it is flirty and unoffensive. This will be my secret perfume Shhhh...don't tell anyone. ; )

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No