July 30, 2014 | 1582 users online

Deodorants - Certain Dri (Stick)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dottieku

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this product! I'm a post menopausal woman living in Las Vegas. (In my younger years, I did not sweat much at all.) It's over 110 for well over 30-45 days in a row in the summer. I sweat profusely. I put this product everywhere. I put it on the back of my neck, under the "girls", between them, and of course my underarms. I am bone dry, when I remember to use it the night before. Before this, I was a soppy mess!! I don't know why this is so hard to find. I use the solid, but I have the roll on in case I run out of the solid.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by lucyrox

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am really happy with Certain Dri roll-on except for the fact that the product spills out over the roller-ball applicator, resulting in over application, which leads to an itchy rash. I am NOT happy at all with Certain Dri Solid because the consistency is so HARD (I've bought 2 to double-check) that it is irritating just to apply the product to the delicate tissue under the arms. A wonderful alternative to clinical strength antiperspirants is Mitchum Smart Solid or gel. It has the EXACT same ingredients as in Certain Dri solid, and it is easy to find at your local drugstore and costs about $3.00. The whole key to clinical strength antiperspirants is to apply them at night, so they can work on your sweat glands while you are sleeping.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2011 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Astarael

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

In total agreement with previous reviewer. If you can't tolerate the roll on, try the stick. It still can make me itchy, and def. can't use on freshly shaved underarms, but nowhere near as badly as the cursed roll on. And it's just as effective. It really does help stop sweating completely - whether or not you feel that is natural and a good thing is up for debate, but it does what it claims to do and personally I'm okay with it. For me the sweat isn't so much the issue, it's the odor.. and because this controls the sweat so completely it really does eliminate the odor problem.

Update 6/22/13: There IS a problem with the stick, in that it seems to... dry out? It gets to the point where I can't apply it without smearing it on as hard as I can, and the product is falling apart and balling up everywhere. I have tried like 3 tubes now and they all do this after like 2 weeks! If anyone else has experienced this and has any solutions, please message me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by 1017

This is sooooo much better than the roll on when it comes to freshly shaved armpits. It seems to work just as well (I think better some times) than the classic roll-on. The roll on would sting my armpits to high heaven if I shaved my pits right before (or even if I shaved earlier that day sometimes). I had the worst red/burning reaction to the roll-on. But the stick glides on with no irritation...even on freshly shaved pits! I have been pairing this with Dove antipersperant/deo in the powder scent (using Dove in the morning, Certain Dri at night). Dove is nice because I don't smell, and it doesn't hurt my clothes, but it is not a good antipersperant...I sweat! But at least I don't smell. The Certain Dri is really helping! Now I feel I have the best of both worlds. I am sure I will be trying other morning deos, but Certain Dri Stick is now part of my nighttime ritual! If you love the idea of Certain Dri but that roll-on bothered you, TRY THE STICK...SOOO MUCH BETTER!!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No