Philosophy Hope in a Tube

3.8

on 2/16/2015 10:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This product is mainly made up of mineral oil and some other chemical ingredients that make for one of the worst eye creams I've ever used. It is greasy, is somewhat irritating to my eyes, never feels like it dries down, and really doesn't do anything for my eye area but seem to clog the pores around such. I have never tried it on my lips, as I am just not impressed with this product at all. And, you definitely cannot wear it under makeup, as it causes so much creasing. I do not plan on ever using this product again!

on 1/15/2012 12:40:00 PM

I got this as part of a special Christmas promo associated with the TODAY show. It included quite a few full size products for about $46 - and not having used Philosophy products before other than fragrances, I did not realize quite what a bargian that was until I investigated more a bit later.
I gave most of the stuff to my 19 year old stepdaughter for Christmas, but kept a couple of the products that she was least likely to use - and this was one of them. I am glad - and not so glad. Glad because I LOVE this and use it on both my eyes and lips. Not so glad, because it is a bit pricey.
It moisturizes my lips and the immediate area around them very nicely. At night I add my usual Mary Kay lip balm over it and for the daytime, my usual lipstick (varies). About once a week, I exfoliate using Mary Kay lip mask. Voila! Lips stay smooth and hydrated!
It seems to add hydration around my eyes as well - the element of care my eye area responds to best. I layer moisturizer on top of it both at night and under makeup (again, I need moisturization). I did notice that one of the primary ingrediaents is squalane.
I will try to work this into my already somewhat inflated skincare budget and look for specials - but I will likely buy again because it feels that good!

on 12/4/2010 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Really like this product. I put it on my lips before bedtime and in the early morning, before a shower. Seems to prep my lips for the rest of the day. ( I exfoliate my lips once or twice a week in the shower with a this product and a washcloth, which keeps lipstick from appearing 'cracked' on my lips). Wish it was a little less expensive.

PROS: This product has saved my LIPS. It is very moisturizing for eyes or lips. I can't say enough for it for the lips. (You only need a tiny dot for the lips, so this lasts forever in the tube.) Some will like that it comes in a tube because there's no contamination by fingers, like there is with a jar.

CONS: Does irritate the eyes if it gets in (if you're using for the eyes.). Don't want to use it right before applying makeup on the eye cause it does leave it a bit oily. (But since I use this for lips only, I didn't not knock it down to a 4.)

USAGE TIPS: My HG lip routine for my sensitive, dry lips is this in the a.m. and p.m. with a good balm like lypsyl or Blistex DCT on top. And then balm throughout the day.

ALTERNATES: Neosporin Overnight Lip treatment is much cheaper.

Popular Lip Treatments