November 27, 2014 | 1507 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cosmetic Skin Solutions Hydrating B5 Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2014 2:53:00 PM More reviews by Dromero03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Cosmetic Skin Solutions is a company that I have used before in the past and love. I currently use their Retinol 1% and in the past I have used their Vitamin C + E with Ferulic Acid. Upon surfing their site recently, I noticed that they came out with a new product called Hydra B5 Masque Advanced Formula +. So I decided to read up on it. According to the site it says:

"Ideal for dry, cracked, dehydrated, and stressed skin, this intensely hydrating vitamin B5 masque is essential to restoring the skin’s optimal moisture balance by combining naturally occurring humectants to bind moisture, and to improve form and function of the skin.

This highly concentrated vitamin B5 masque supplies high amounts of hyaluronic acid (1%) to replenish depleted moisture levels associated with skin conditions listed. Hyaluronic acid is the skin’s natural moisturizing factor (NMF) responsible for tissue hydration and immediate water attracting and binding attributes. Ideal for all skin types."

Now for those who have no clue what hyaluronic acid is, allow me to elaborate. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is found naturally in the human body and seen in high dosages in babies. Ever wondered why babies and small children always look like they have beautiful supple plumpy skin? Well its because of the hyaluronic acid in their system. Its a major component of skin tissue that give babies this beautiful effect. Skin in general holds about fifty percent of your body’s hyaluronic acid in it. However as we get older we loss a lot of it and thus aging takes it toll. Hyaluronic Acid plumps and moisturizes skin as well as it helps to heal and comfort it when its suffered damage. Hyaluronic Acid also prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming and helps by retaining moisture in the skin and creating a cushion like effect to help plump out the lines as we age. So once I realized that it has HA in it, I decided to order it.

I recently have been dealing with a skin rash that broke out on my face and all over my neck for over a month now. No one knows what caused it or why it won't leave. When I finally got myself over to the doctor (one month later) I realized that the rash left me with dry skin on my face and it was pretty bad. I was actually bleeding in certain parts of my face. I used my Clarisonic as often as I could to buff away the dry skin cells but nothing worked. I then used my Argan oil and Passionfruit oil (Maracuja) but still the dryness would not leave. I starting using once a week a dead sea mud mask (click here for that review) that helped with the dryness, however you could only apply once a week and you had to wash it off after 10-15 minutes. I started shopping around for a face cream/masque that would help with this issue at night. However everything kept coming up short or whatever I did try made it worse. So when I saw that CSS came out with this product, I decided to investigate the ingredients and give it a shot. I mean the rash literally left me looking like I had suffered burns to my face and neck, so really how much worse could it get.

The product arrived to my house on Tuesday. When bedtime came, though I will admit I was scared as all high hell to try anything new at this point, I gave it a shot. I have used CSS and they have NEVER let me down so I went for it. So far I have used this product two nights in a row and OMG what a difference!! I was amazed as to what my face felt like when I woke up the next morning. It was literally so soft that I could not stop touching it! My skin felt supple, plumpy and ever so soft. It literally looked hydrated. I haven't been able to wear makeup because of this rash, yet my skin looks amazing without any on at the moment. This masque has literally made a massive difference on my face. It didn't cause further irritant or dryness and basically just worked with my facially issues at the moment.

Another reason why I love this product so much is because it has NO fragrance dyes or perfume in it. All that stuff really messes with your skin. Its a clear gel like consistency that goes on super smooth and leaves no film or sticky feeling behind. All you need is one small squirt as it really goes along way. Since it is a gel like based it spreads very well with very little needed.

I honestly am in love. I just adore CSS because of the amazing products they put out. Plus they ship to Canada which is fabulous and a must need for the cold harsh weather in the winter. They are very similar to the company skinceuticals. However CSS has way better pricing that is more reasonable which is what keeps me coming back. They have great products, affordable pricing and package quality.

If you need extra moisture for your skin, this is it and truly worth the dollar value without all the unnecessary bells and whistles aka facial irritants that you find in other products!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2012 7:05:00 AM More reviews by Lolitbendico

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a compulsive buyer from expensive to drug store price facial product. Until I found CSS. Just started using their product and within days I can already see the difference. I saw some demoralizing reviews here, however as a user of both products I can attest that they do not have any difference except for the price of course. Also, they provide prompt and good service, and living half way around the globe my package arrived as early as expected from CSS.

The other users here says that its sticky. Well, not to me and surely I will not apply a glue to my face :))) Some of the ingredients include in CSS product is HA which is sticky by nature but in contrary this is more watery like texture compare to HA serum that I have used in the past.

Of course not all products suits every skin but in any case I would never say any demoralizing words and acted like uncivilized person rather I would give proper advice about the pros and cons of the product. That is what MUA for. To all who wanted to buy CSS product, the only thing I can say is that the product is holly jolly good and that my skin respond to it positively. However, test it first and see how it goes to your skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I received a sample of the skinceuticals at a local pharmacy in Germany and liked it, but I admit, I was too stingy to pay almost 60 Euros for the original Skinceuticals serum.
I ordered this product directly from the u.s. website of the company and I used it up, so I can´t say anything about the returning policy or so.
I paid about 25 Euros for 30 ml, which is cheap compared to the Skinceuticals, which costs about 45 Euros for 30 ml in the cheapest German online store I could find.
I have sensitive, dehydrated, acne-prone combo skin, which is sometimes flaky and patchy. I wanted much moisture to smooth my skin and make the dry spots go away. Another issue was a minimal ingredient list as my skin is sensitive and freaks out if I use too many products with too many ingredients. Basically, I searched for a very neutral and very basic moisturizing serum.
I received the serum and used it up, but I admit, I found it a little more sticky compared to the sample of Skinceuticals and it didn´t really sink into my skin. The serum surely did a good job of hydrating my skin and has minimal ingredients , which is a godsend for people with sensitive skin, who don´t want essential oils, too many or highly irritating ingredients.
I liked the serum and would recommend it to anyone, who is on a budget and wants to have a good hydrating serum.
The difference between the 2 serums is minimal and obviously the css is way cheaper than the Skinceuticals.
Personally, I decided to get the Skinceuticals, because I took another sample of their b5 serum with me on a beach holiday and used it a whole week with fabulous results, which I didn´t get from the css.
If you can, try to get samples from both serums and find out for yourself, which one you like better.
But I can definitely recommend the css serum as I had much more expensive serums from other brands, which were not as good as this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/18/2012 8:50:00 AM More reviews by littleantlers85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Interesting that pattykaker and Joanniekay, in defending the product, both have exactly the same writing style (oddly formal for this site), both waffle on about returns policies, and neither of them have reviewed anything else, ever. That makes me skeptical. I'm also skeptical about other reviews written about this companies products; they seem to be written in a very unnatural way - as if they're trying to get down with the kids but aren't quite managing it. That said, I've just ordered this product, after being satisfied with the C+E serum, and I am happy with it so far - I will see how it goes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 5:28:00 AM More reviews by arte8mis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This came in a css sample pack.
I hadn't even thought about b5 but was looking forward to using the ce ferulic.

I was delighted witht he results on putting this on. I mean instant noticible results, lines plumped out. Better than any liquid primer!!
I have ordered this again!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by JoannieKay

Very interesting in reading this review which it is difficult to accept the honesty of this blogger. Most companies have return policy’s which have a restocking fee that is calculated based on a percentage of the order. I used to work at ULTA as a Makeup Skin Care artist and occasionally at the front desk accepting returns at times. More than half of the returns were damaged and were no longer fit for the shelf. Some even had the product itself poured out, used up, and put in water to pretend it was the product they were returning.

I can understand, as well as many others why companies have return policies with a restocking fee clause so they are not taken advantage of. This makes sense for companies to avoid people who plan on returning the products before they even purchase it. I can attest b/c most customers who asked about if they can return products at ULTA before they even purchased it….ACTUALLY the majority of them did return their purchase while I was on shift, which doesn’t account for those who returned it while I wasn’t on shift which would conclude most of them returned it.

BTW, I reviewed Cosmetic Skin Solutions products to their competitors, and their prices are so much more reasonable to other brands which are very expensive. They had wonderful reviews, aside from those leaving ignorant reviews based on and influenced by various companies return policies. I might make the switch away from my current vitamin C serum which costs me $95 to CSS.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 3:47:00 PM More reviews by pattykaker

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a skin care junkie and user of high quality skin care products, I would have to say I am offended to hear such a review that is demoralizing to only the person who wrote it. I noticed that Skinceuticals was mentioned….Red Flag to the person who wrote the review. In most cases it must be and probably is a competitor attempting to persuade the consumer to buy elsewhere as this is common occurrence.

I noticed that not once did she mention attempting to or making any efforts to contact the company. Usually, if there is an issue or questions regarding a product (and this relates to any company), the first point of contact would be to the company supplying the product. It takes less than 30 seconds to either call or e-mail the company.

B5 like glue? A hyaluronic acid gel which only contains 4 ingredients with one of the ingredients water in NO WAY will be sticky. Her skin must have been sticky prior to applying the products, thereby incorrectly stating the feel and texture of the product. CSS’s Hydrating B5 Gel contains only Water, Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5), hyaluronic acid, and phenoxyethanol (preservative), the same ingredients as other companies, so shouldn’t other companies B5 Gels be sticky as well? Was it mentioned that others were sticky? No.

The Resurfacing Serum is a wonderful addition to a night time skin care regimen? This serum sticky too? Wow, her whole world must be too sticky! This product is not sticky b/c I have used it personally and have been very satisfied with its exfoliating results and Non-Stickyness! I have actually used CSS’s products and can honestly testify against the competitor’s hiding behind the reviews they post that CSS’s products actually are highly effective and comparable to other companies over priced products. I am very satisfied with their Vitamin C serums, and B5 Gel.

Their customer service is so helpful when I contacted them. They completely answered my questions to the best of their professional experience when I asked a question regarding my skin care regimen. The incompetent person who drafted up the biased review should be embarrassed for using such vulgar language that anyone actually reading would accept her comments as being honest? Well, not here.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 3:15:00 PM More reviews by jenbruni

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This company is unethical and I would advise anyone to stay away from them. When I placed an order with them, their return policy was 100% full refund, since trying to get a refund, they changed it to a 50% restock fee, which was not stated on their website when I placed the order. The sunscreen they offer is horrible!!!!!! It is like trying to smear white mud on your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2011 12:15:00 PM More reviews by cangyue_1901

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I hate this, hate, hate, hate, hate. It is the worst 30 dollars that I have ever spent. There's only one thing in the world that I hate more than this B5 gel- the resurfacing serum from CSS.
I have tried so many B5 serums from every brands. CSS makes the worst B5 gel/serum. It is a crime to call it a gel, they should name it B5 super glue.
No matter how little I apply, my skin just becomes sticky. I tried to spray water on my face after applying this, but my face becomes sticky again after the water dries. I do not mind the stickiness actually. What really bothers me is the "balling up" process of this gel/glue. No matter what cream/lotion I use after the B5 gel, they just balls up. I cannot put on sunscreen, because it just balls up. I cannot wear makeup afterwards, because it forms disgusting particles.
I really really do hate this. I will not use it again even someone pays me to. I would return this, except I live in the UK, so can't be bothered. Do not buy this.

PLEASE DO NOT BUY THE RESURFACING SERUM FROM CSS. Since there's no place for me to review that serum, I would just like to put it out there, DO NOT BUY. It is a crime that CSS even tried to make this serum. It is soooooooooooo sticky. I may be exaggerating when I called the B5 gel a super glue, but this is definitely a super glue. I spray tons of water, but nothing works. I hate CSS for making these two horrible horrible products.

Skinceuticals may be expensive, but they work. CSS may be cheap, but they are totally rubbish. I have make so many regretful purchases, but this is the worst so far.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:59:00 AM More reviews by schoenl

Comparable to and compatible with the Skinceuticals Hydrating B product – but much less expansive. I have purchased the larger sized bottle (60ml) which I keep in the fridge. For the weekly use, I fill a little bit of serum into a separate, smaller bottle – I use it daily, so the large bottle lasts for about 8-10 months. This is really great product and a staple in my beauty regime. I put it right after Ferulic CE and follow up with sunscreen – done! Hydrates, protects and does not cause/prevents break-outs.