October 31, 2014 | 1570 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cut a Caper

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2013 11:56:00 PM More reviews by Rahrl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This was the first lipstick I ever purchased from MAC. It's a really fun salmon coral lipstick, and is really perfect for summer! It's a little bit more sheer than most of the lipsticks I've tried, including the other lustre finishes in my collection, but I don't mind much, since it looks really nice the way it is. I have really fair, cool toned skin (with the added bonus of red hair, which makes anything orange-ey a huge no by default), but the color doesn't look garish or "too much" at all, and is super easy to wear with almost any outfit. The color you see in the tube may be a little scary, but since it almost seems to be part lipbalm, it's still very wearable.
The only reason it loses a star is it has a shorter wear-time than most MAC lipsticks, since it has a more gloss-like finish, but it's not enough to make me dislike the product.
The only thing is it was LE, and hasn't been available for awhile. I'm desperately trying to find somewhere that's selling these, since I'm just about out of this lipstick. I wish they'd make this part of their permanent line!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/9/2013 11:13:00 AM More reviews by browneyessmiles

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was intrigued by this as some of my favorite YT gurus love this color. I swapped for this and was disappointed. It was just too bright and possibly too cool toned for my yellow-toned complexion. I back-2-Mac'd this.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/12/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by lilblue10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was so excited to get this lipstick but it was awful on me. It truly looked like I just ate spaghetti. Really sheer peachy color,super slippery and did not last at all. I returned it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 7:34:00 PM More reviews by shadesofyellow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful pinky-coral shade on my NC25 (w/yellower undertones) skin. It's almost like a lipstick/gloss with how slick it is. Its lasts about 2 hours on me.
I do have a bone to pick though. Whether it's indicative to this shade or batch, I don't know but I purchased this recently (part of the Pleasureseeker collection, I think) through MAC online. In that same order I bought Venus as well. Same formula, same batch code. Well my Cut a Caper broke off at the base and I've been unable to melt it back together. (It makes me sad every time I use it because itís such a beautiful shade, and it's harder to get color on using just a lip brush). However, happyish ending. I wrote to MAC, just to let them know about the issue, and they offered to send me a replacement (of a different shade, since Cut A Caper is LE).

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by paslarissa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I saw this on a blog and decided to try it on the MAC counter. It's a peachy sheer lipstick that gives a little color and it's perfect for using it in the day. I really like it and usually apply two coats because it doesn't show a lot on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 12:22:00 PM More reviews by Minxie413

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I got a new favorite lipstick!! So flirty and cute, I adore this! <3

rated 3 of 5 on 7/23/2012 5:51:00 PM More reviews by ltnla

I have a number of peachy/ coral lipsticks from Mac that I love (eg See Sheer, Pleasureseeker, Fashion City, Crosswires) and this "should" have worked on me (NC 30) but didn't. It's not bad, but just a bit too whitish milky, not flattering. Would have given 4 for the color in general, but I found that it didn't apply as evenly as other lustre lipsticks, which is my favorite formula in Mac. That was the deal breaker. Tried hard for a week to make it work but sadly had to return.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 2:03:00 PM More reviews by andrea46

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I agree with all the superlatives with regard to this lipstick. i love it too. I'm calling it a "happy color". However, I wanted to add my two cents and that is that this is extremely similar, a dupe, I would dare say identical to MAC Fresh Salmon, also a lustre finish which was part of the spring collection two years ago, Color something. Sorry not to be more exact. All this just FYI!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by Perkypolisher

I am so in love with this pinky perfect lipstick. I have very pigmented lips and this lipstick is a "my lips but better" shade. I'm partial to the signature MAC vanilla scent, and this is no exception. It is creamy in application and the staying power is great. It looks soft and pretty but not overdone. My skin tone is NC25-30 for reference. Would definitely purchase again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2012 10:52:00 PM More reviews by LizLaughandLove

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an incredibly beautiful lipstick. I'm a fan of nude, light pinky lipsticks but the issue for me is that I have incredibly tan skin, so a lot of lipsticks in that color range look pasty and odd on me. This light pinky peach color is very flattering on my tanner skin tone. It's a very soft, smooth lipstick and the packaging is as sleek and beautiful as every other MAC lipstick. If you like lighter nude/pink lipsticks, this is definitely one to pick up, since it is limited edition. Beautiful lipstick.