October 31, 2014 | 1052 users online

Highlighters - Hard Candy - Show Girl's Secret Glitter Glue

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2012 4:24:00 PM More reviews by PrincessGizmo

I picked this up on a whim, it was only 2 bucks, and I thought I would try it out for my eye shadows. I honestly was not expecting much, but goodness it was amazing! It makes my shadows last extrememly long, more than a normal primer ever has, but the thing that gets me the most is that it makes my eye shadows significantly brighter and more true to pan colors! I have probably swatch side by side my whole collection to just see if it works for all of them. It does.

How I apply: I put down a primer on my lid first, usually UD then I apply the glitter glue and let it dry completely. Then all I do is apply my eye shadows. Perfect. <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 6:37:00 PM More reviews by fleetgoddess21

This works great as an inexpensive mixing medium that is better than just using water. It's got a little more oomph to it. I've been using it to mix my MAC pigments and my Sugarpill chromalusts and it has been awesome. I fully recommend it and the little brush is actually quite useful. I recommend shaking a drop into the cap of the pigment and then adding pigment as necessary and mixing. Love it for foiled looks!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hard Candy's Show Girl's Secret is a liquid glitter "glue" meant to be used with Hard Candy's Show Girl glitters, which I have not tried. Hard Candy is a former high end brand that can now only be purchased at
Walmart. How the mighty have fallen. This product is made in the USA and is not tested on animals. I retails for $5 for .86 fl oz and includes a brush.
Show Girl's Secret comes in a clear, hard plastic bottle with what I think is a metal, pink cap. Actually it might be that really hard plastic with a metallic lacquer on it. It's probably that. Either way, it's pink. The cap features the Hard Candy logo and a small heart, which is a cute detail. The bottle features a stylized version of the Las Vegas sign, featuring the words "Show Girl's Secret". Packaging is pretty cute, though some argue it's functionality.
The top of the bottle has a dropper. A lot of people complain that they have a hard time getting product out, but I've developed a technique. The key is to hold the bottle at an angle and give it a small flick. This'll dispense one perfect drop. Maybe this is the Show Girl's other secret. Either way, my technique is fool proof.
You're meant to put a few drops and mix the glitter in there, or directly dip the brush into the dropper hole. Either way isn't particularly hygienic, but it is a great way to get a ton of glitter into the liquid, forever contaminating it. I much prefer to put a drop of Show Girl's Secret directly onto your brush, and going from there. I'll warn you that this'll stiffen the bristles of your brush if you let it dry that way, but a quick rinse will fix it.
Hard Candy included a small brush with Show Girl's Secret. It's pretty useful for applying glitter as a liner. The brush is pink, with pink, stiff bristles that come to a point. It's quite small, and I tend to lose it in my brush jar.
Show Girl's Secret is a clear, thin liquid that looks like water and has about the same viscosity. To be fair it's pretty much just a mix of water and a few types of alcohol. Something more DIY oriented girls might want to make at home. Straight out of the bottle it feels just like water, but as it dries it develops a slight stickiness, and thickens. It eventually dries down to a glue like residue, there's a bit on the side of my bottle, its kinda gross.
Used to adhere glitter, Show Girl's Secret works pretty well, but not how I expected. I expected a denser, more solid application of glitter. I guess I watch too much xSparkage. This glitter glue gives a much better application of glitter, and makes the process much less messy. It doesn't entirely prevent fall out, but it prevents a majority of it. I need two coats of glitter to get my desired effect.
Though I don't see any mention of it on the label, I assume Show Girl's Secret can also be used as a mixing medium for pigments and the like. I love using it for this because it gives a beautiful foiled effect. However it can cause the pigment to get kinda bunchy and hard to work with if you don't use enough glue. It's something you have to play around with.
Show Girl's Secret is only an application aid, it doesn't make shadows or glitters last longer. If you touch glitter you applied with this glitter glue, it'll still come off. You also still need to use a primer for your shadows or glitters.
I get a lot of use out of Show Girl's Secret, more than I thought I would. It vastly improves the application of glitter while decreasing fall out, and it works great as a foiling agent. This was my first Hard Candy product, and it has me interested in trying more. It was also my first glitter glue, so forgive me if this wasn't the best review for it. I definitely recommend Show Girl's Secret if you're looking for an affordable glitter glue or mixing medium.This is the only one I know of from the drugstore level. I'll likely repurchase this product, it gets the job done for a good price.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:45:00 PM More reviews by jess517

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love all Hard Candy products in general. They're adorable, pretty cheap, and everything comes in great colors!! ...anyways, I bought my glitter glue today at Walmart. I had previously bought two containers of the actual loose glitter (in Casino & Blackjack), but had no idea how to wear it!! So I was so happy when I heard that they came out with glitter glue. So of course, I had to try it as soon as I got home. It works greatt!! The brush is perfect, makes lining your eyes soo easy. And the glitter sticks to it!! I didn't put on a lot, since I already had on my normal eye make up, but what I did apply looks really cute. If you have the Hard Candy Show Girl loose glitter, i'd definitely recommend that you buy the glue to go along with it:)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is great. I was looking for something like this at sallys after seeing a youtube guru mention it. So I was really surprised to find this lil gem while browsing wal mart make up. I am really drawn to this brand. I dont know why. I remember their nail polishes in junior high. Maybe its sentimental. AND really cute packaging. So I've bought and tried a lot of thier new products. I would say its really 50/50 with HC. It really pays to read the reviews here. This works however!! I dont go all crazy with glitter but for the inner corner of your eyes, its awesome. I', excited to use it more. There is a ton of it. I'm a happy shopper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 9:44:00 PM More reviews by zombiekitten87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Hard Candy's Show Girl's Secret Glitter Glue comes in a 0.86 floz clear bottle with a hot pink cap. Its a clear, watery-looking liquid (well, its mostly water, with alcohol for fast-drying plus some other chemicals that probably create some kind of binding effect.

The directions want you to pour a few drops in the cap (which is hard to do! The bottle is not glass, but is about as hard as glass, so you have to shake it to get anything out. It comes with a brush, which is loose and not attached to anything, so its likely to get lost.

You're supposed to dip the brush into the liquid, then into the glitter. Not wanting to gross up my glitter, I first tried painting the liquid on my skin and then putting the loose glitter on with a brush. It looked ok, but I had to work fast because it dries really fast. It brushed off too easily, so I tried a different method. I mixed some glitter in with the liquid and it worked relatively well. I painted two lines of glitter on my eyes and it looks great and stays put, but I drew a little design on my cheek and it brushed off easily.

Granted, I didn't do the exact method they instructed, but I doubt it would have made much of a difference. Also, I used Fantasy Makers Confetti instead of Hard Candy's Show Girl Glitter product.

I gave it a high rating because it works well around the eyes, but glitter is glitter. Also, there is a ton of it, I don't think I'll run out anytime soon.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No