April 16, 2014 | 1925 users online

Mascara - Collection 2000 - Extreme Lengthening Mascara

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by 3lfgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Unlike other cheap mascaras the consistency is not watery and liquid like. The brush is good enough and is just the right size for my eyes. I find that it does make my eyelashes appear longer but when I get home after the day I find most has "worn off" and my eyelashes no longer seem like they did in the morning. This mascara doesn't clump and hasn't started going hard inside even though I've had it for a while now. The only reason I wouldn't purchase this again is that is rather spend a little bit more money for a better mascara. Good if your new to wearing mascara and want a cheap fix that works well enough.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2013 9:45:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm really surprised at all the great reviews because unless I got a dud I think it's awful! The colour pay off is practically nothing unless you build coat after coat which left my lashes spider like dry and flakey! :| if it works for you the price and packaging is great but its a no for me, back to my no7 lash adapt

rated 3 of 5 on 10/21/2013 9:02:00 AM More reviews by iron_goddess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a reasonably priced mascara that falls short on its promise, at least on my set of lashes. It does not lengthen as much and fails to keep the curl. The formula is a little thin so it takes a considerable amount of time to build on the lashes. The wand though is phenomenal. It is shaped like a football; tapered at the top and bottom and thick at the center. It is great for lengthening and thickening without clumping. It will serve a richer formula better. It's weird but I don't remember having such a hard time putting this mascara on to full effect at the makeup counter. The formula seemed richer. I kinda suspect I got a bad product. If that is so then they aren't consistent.

UPDATE: I am using this mascara almost everyday now for the past two weeks and it is growing on me. My lashes look definitely longer without it getting all spidery. It provides good volume too. It cost just as much as a regular Maybelline mascara so now I have more options.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Crestaline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I'm in love with this mascara, never expected such result for £3.00. I use it in blue colour and it's proper blue, not navy. Lengthening really well and also gives good volume. No clumps. Lasts all day long. Fantastic beat on expensive mascaras!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

So happy I found this mascara! After being sorely disappointed by Benefit's latest offering (sticky, messy and overpriced!) and Maybelline's Full 'N' Soft being so scarce in the UK, I looked for a new mascara that was more widely available. I picked this up from Boots for £2.99 after reading the positive reviews on here.
It can be applied once for very subtle lashes or 2-3 coats for more dramatic lashes - either way the formula leaves your eyelashes long and bold all day without flaking or sticking together and is easily removed with cleansing wipes at night. Found a new HG mascara I can pick up easily without paying a fortune - perfect!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2012 9:02:00 AM More reviews by Lywchin

I bought this as a last minute purchase in black and so glad I did. I have ridiculously straight and stumpy eyelashes but a couple of coats of this after curling gave me amazing long lashes and an eyes-wide-open look. There isn't a waterproof version which is a shame. I would recommend allowing each coat to dry inbetween because when I have hurried the application of this I found applying multiple coats when the mascara is still wet makes the lashes lose their curl.

Overall for the price (£2.99), I think this is an excellent product , it is not HG, but I have thrown away all the Clinique, Maxfactor and other high end mascaras I had previously paid lots of money for, tried and felt disappointed with and will continue using this for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a must have in my make up box; it's thick but not clumpy, vibrant (as well as black, also comes in purple, blue and teal) and great value for money. It's usually £2.99 or 2 for £5.
Probably the best mascara I've ever used and cute packaging too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2011 11:55:00 AM More reviews by linhle777

This mascara packaging reminds me of the old school Victoria secret. Black tube with pink font. When I first used this it was sent to me from a mua'er. Unfortunately we don't have collection 2000 in the states. This is seriously the best mascara ever. It volumes and lengthens. Each lash coated is BOLD. Love it! Now I have to figure how to stock up on some more! This lasted me 7 months, no joke. It just shows that maybe US's mascaras suck. They dry out in three months. Quality is not the same anymore.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 7:50:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

One coat of Collection 2000 Extreme Lengthening mascara ticks the main boxes for me; Great separation, noticeable length, volume increase and is non-clumpy. I've not experienced flaking or smudging, plus it holds my curl all day and is easy to remove. Whilst the lengthening abilities of this is great the volume increase is only slight, but the brand doesn’t promise more volume with this product, so no harm there.

The brush is a regular size with short bristles so it is easy to use and It grabs, coats and pushes every lash out and up (even those little stragglers in the outer corners of the eye).

There is a choice of black, teal, purple or blue in this mascara and the price is right [£2.99]. I've no complaints about this product whatsoever. This is a great every-day mascara.