August 1, 2014 | 1758 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Pearlglide - Black Swan

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Intermission

Love the color! its black eyeliner that looks glossy because of the glitter.
unfortunately i cant wear it on my waterline, makes my eyes water like crazy.... actually if the liner gets into your eye, it becomes watery for the next hour.

also the tip is very soft and creamy, I'm worried it will be difficult to sharpen.

i wish this liner was safer and more comfortable on the eye! i would totally repurchase if that was the case.

made in Germany
1.2g/0.04 oz
cost at cosmetic company outlet $11.25

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Loved the color, but this was so irritating on my eyes. The glitter scratched and migrated inside my eye (even though I didn't wear it on my waterline) as well as all over my cheeks. I'm surprised at the amount of fallout, not only the glitter but actual pigment too. And this happened within a half hour and continued on throughout the day. I didn't notice much smudging from where I applied it and the overall integrity of the line seemed to stay put apart from the messy fallout.

I really do love this particular shade with the metallic blueish-silver finish and the glitter. I hate returning it but while I can battle fallout I can't deal with the horrible scratchiness of the glitter particles. I've never had an issue with painful eyeliner glitter before and I've worn Tokidoki and Hello Kitty sparkle-fest liners with glitter that looks and feels a lot larger than the glitter in this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2013 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm disappointed with this, it's not jet black like Smolder, it's more of a washed out grey black colour. But the main thing I hate is the glitter fallout. Every time I have worn this I end up with glitter on my cheeks, not a good look. Because of this, I can't wear it on my waterline as its very irritating to my eyes and feels scratchy. It looks so pretty when swatched on the skin though, this is why I bought it!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by expat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not impressed. This is an almost-black eyeliner loaded with glitter that smeared and smudged terribly within two hours of applying.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2012 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Amberbock363

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product I'm a huge fan of urban decays oil slick however I couldn't. It wasn't really a dark black on my Mufe hd 160 skin it was more of a brownish grey muddled color with slight shimmer. The product applied fluidly and did not tug one pass and was fully opaque but I'd suggest trying before you buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 8:16:00 PM More reviews by JuicyGirl25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've tried many black eyeliners in search of the perfect one.This doesn't necessarily stay on ALL day, however the color is really pretty. It makes my blue eyes look really flirty. I get the most compliments when I wear this one. Wish it stayed a little longer, but for the price you can't beat it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2012 3:57:00 AM More reviews by ainelbmsmr10

I live in the tropics (Taiwan) and summer here is humid and extremely hot! I have gone through so many eyeliners and all of them have failed me in the summer months here. I was introduced to this eyeliner by the person at the MAC counter. After applying, I was able to go through the whole day without smudging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2012 7:51:00 PM More reviews by admilly101

I seem to always be dissapointed with MAC products :/
Pros:
-Is some-what long lasting
Cons:
-Color payoff isnt great
-Does end up smudging on my eyelid
-WAAY too much shimmer! I like SUBTLE shimmer with these kinds of eyeliners, not a glitterbomb
-NOT worth the price, in my opinion
-The man at the MAC counter told me that I shouldnt wear it on my waterline, which makes me sort of nervous... Is this stuff toxic or something?!
So basically, this isn't all I wanted it to be. Oh well :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2012 12:31:00 AM More reviews by spikester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

DON'T WEAR THIS WITH CONTACTS. I had a horrible experience where the glitter seemed to migrate into my eyes and got under my contacts. It made my vision blurry all day. I took out my contacts and cleaned them but it was still bad. I think the glitter just stayed in my eyes. It was really awful. I think Mac should be a warning on these boxes to not wear them with contacts. I am returning this.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2012 2:13:00 AM More reviews by mamargie

PROS: lovely color payoff, super creamy, does not smudge after it sets

CONS: DO NOT WEAR THIS WITH UR CONACT LENSES! I had them on my upper lash line ( not water line) and it totally blurred up my lenses within 1-2 hours! It makes you feel like you got severe cataract. I tried washing my lenses but they just got blurry again! I had to go home early from a night out because I was literally blind :'( if it wasn't for my fiance I highly doubt I could make it home !