November 25, 2014 | 1850 users online

Lip Gloss - Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics - Lip Tar - Trollop

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by rosiealice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having recently discovered OCC's lip tars I purchased a couple online, and was instantly drawn to this summery, bright pink colour. First off, the pigmentation of these liquidy lip cremes is unprecedented, and you know that the colour on your lips will match that which is shown in the tube. Secondly, the price! Paying anything up to $25 for drugstore lipsticks in Australia (Maybelline/Loreal, etc) and $36 for a Mac lipstick, $14 for these awesome products is an absolute bargain, considering how little of the stuff you actually need to coat your lips. A couple of tips for applying - ensure your lips are moisturised (exfoliated if needs be) for an even, smooth base for the lip tar to adhere to. Also, use as LITTLE as possible, even the slightest amount too much will result in feathering and gathering around the lips. As long as it is applied properly, these colours will flatter and enhance your lips, not to mention last you a lifetime.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2011 9:27:00 AM More reviews by maashi

I think I'll call this a watermelon pink? It is definitely a warm pink, but nowhere near as far as coral (that would be Grandma I think). It is very bright - I couldn't wear this to work - but it is definitely a great statement colour. A little does go a long way and you will need to use a lip brush to apply this. This stuff is definitely very pigmented and because of the pigment level, it does last a long time and leaves a stain behind even after 6 hrs for me. The finish is satin I'd say, no glitter or shimmer which I really like. I think there could be better ways to package the stuff, hence 1 lippie off, but otherwise it is a great product if you want high pigment, long lasting liquid lip stick.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 2:52:00 PM More reviews by crissylex

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I saw these OCC Lip Tars all over Youtube and thought I would give it a try. I bought 3 colors to start with. Let me preface this review by admitting how much I love long lasting lip color. So far, I'm loving the long lasting lip colors from CoverGirl and Maybelline and even MAC. Having said that, I bought the Lip Tars with the expectation that they were going to be extremely long wearing and non-transeferable. However, when I tried the product, I found that the Lip Tars do not dry up on your lips. Moreover, they come off when you blot your lips. Sadly, that is a big disappointment for me. I just don't understand how others claim that they last all day. To me, it feels like wearing gloss.
The pigmentation is pretty awesome. Just a small dab is enough to cover your lips and the color pay-off is excellent. You don't need to slather extreme amounts for the color to show up. I just wish that they made it more like a true stain like MAC's long wear lipcolor. I will definitely NOT be purchasing this again. Dare I say, I would prefer a refund...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 4:50:00 AM More reviews by TahiriVeila

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product way too much for my own good. It's a great colour on me and completely wearable. The formula is really smooth and not sticky, and you only need the tiniest bit to cover both lips. You definitely need a clear lip liner, because these do feather.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2011 1:19:00 PM More reviews by cheetah7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ever since discovering OCC Lip Tars, I never thought of buying another lipstick again (although that may change). Highly pigmented, concentrated lip liquid is how I would describe them. Wears like a satin lipstick but last as long as a good lip stain. I bought a bunch of colors, one of them being Trollop. This color is a warm toned, medium pink. Very wearable on it's own but I prefer mixing them with other lip tar colors. A little goes an extremely long way. A small drop is more than enough for two coats. Applied with a lip brush, the color goes on evenly and precisely. The only thing I found is that it feels a bit drying, especially towards the end of the day so a good lip balm under or over it is a must if you have dry lips like me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/13/2010 6:27:00 PM More reviews by GypsyRoseRed

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Trollop is a nice bright pink without straying into neon territory - I own Anime and I'd say that's much more of a neon. Trollop is very wearable, even though the formula isn't necessarily for everyone. This product stays put on your lips, which makes it the first 'gloss' type product to do so. It's really more of a thicker, cushiony stain to be quite honest. Use it with Clear Lip Tar to sheer it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:38:00 PM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

These are the Bom-Diggidy of lip products. I bought all 33 colours as I'm a make-up junkie & I don not regret for 1 second my decision.

1 main point - you need really well exfoliated & moisturised lips to wear these bad gals or all people & you are going to see is flaky lip skin covered in a lip colour. My advise is to EVERYNIGHT - exfoliate your lips with your normal exfoliator or even a micro-dermabrasion product that's okay to use on your lips & then apply a very rich lip cream or face moisturizer to your lip area so when you wake up & you apply your lip tar your lips POP (in a smooth-lipped, awesome colour way - not in an awful flaky, dried lips way).

One of my favorite colours is Trollop - I love how bright, neon pink it is. Another favorite bright is the Hoochie (neon violet) but for a more demure look that's pink I also like Memento (I don't wear this often as I'm a girl who likes her bright lips, eyes & cheeks). Hush is also another awesome colour - it's a light beige which looks good with severe smoky black eyes & falsies.

Enjoy your Lip Tars but be sure you prep your lips every night just in case you want to wear it the next day. Don't even try to wear these with dry lips - they'll look horrid.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2010 12:56:00 PM More reviews by BeautyMuse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Believe the hype on these products because they are amazing! Super pigmented and long lasting, these blow every lipstick I've ever tried out of the water. You really do need to use the most minimal amount and definitely use a lip brush. This colour is so fun and fresh for summer but I think I'll be using it all winter too, LOL! The only thing about this is there's a lot of gloss in the packaging so when you open it a lot comes out without you pushing it. So it's a little wasteful in that respect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No