August 27, 2014 | 1869 users online

Powder - Avon - Smooth minerals pressed foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by racheldee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I first bought this in Light Beige, which is slightly too dark. I didn't understand that the little flappy powder puff it came with wouldn't do the job, and I thought it was mediocre but used it for my forehead and T-zone.
Once I got a decent buffing brush, the true potential emerged. The powder buffed beautifully into my skin, and concealed my pores instead of sitting on top of them and making them look worse. The coverage is buildable and FULL. You don't need to wear anything underneath. My skin is extremely sensitive, and this calmed my redness and didn't make me break out at all.
Also, the Avon product ingredients are even better than the high-end stuff my work sells.
I gave Light Beige to my sister and am currently ordering Soft Ivory. I can't wait!
Tip: I use a teeny bit of ColorStay powder on top of T-zone to make it last longer. It also makes it a bit more matte - this product has a slight shimmer. SLIGHT.
Would buy again. Lasts forever and has natural sun protection too.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/23/2014 2:54:00 PM More reviews by CaramelChicka

Ugh where to begin. I bought the shade nutmeg, which IS a match for my skin. This powder makes me look .....dirty and ashy. The finish is fine and everything and it's good for oil control, but....it makes my skin look dull and dirty. I would definentely not repurchase. Packaging is nice tho

rated 2 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by maybom

Hmmm, a majority of the reviews for this product seem positive and I wish I could agree. I only use powder foundations and this one was on sale so I tried it. I got the color 'Nude' and it was just a little lighter than my natural face color, no biggie. What I don't like is the formulation. I apply the product with a large kabuki brush and it looks cakey when applied. It also settles into my fine lines and pores. I've also applied it using the included puff (which I thought was a little cheaply made) and got the same result. The product doesn't oxidize though, lasts all day and provides buildable coverage (that ends up caking on me). Wouldn't repurchase because of the formulation. My HG powder foundation is still from MUFE (I only wish it wasn't so expensive!)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Always on the lookout for a really good mineral powder, and this did not disappoint! I love the finely-milled texture, and the color match was perfect (light beige). For reference, I am light/medium with pinky/cool undertones. I chose the pressed powder vs. the loose powder because I believe the pressed version will last longer for me. I didn't bother applying with the enclosed sponge, but used my E.L.F. fluffy powder brush with pretty awesome results.
The finish is so pretty! Evens out skin tone wonderfully and looks very natural - not too "powdery". I have an oily t-zone, and I did have to do a light touch-up after about 4-5 hours, but I'm not going to complain because I just love the way this makes my complexion look. Very nice stuff!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 7:34:00 AM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I'm always looking for a great powder foundation. I like my Colorstay (the formula I use of that depends on the time of year) but sometimes I just want the lighter feeling of a powder foundation. The reviews on here and on Avon.com are so glowing, I decided to give it a try. It's quite nice in most respects. As someone else mentioned, it makes my skin itch a bit when I first apply it, but that goes away quickly. It is quite natural looking, it covers fairly well, and doesn't look very dry on my skin, as many powders and powder foundations can, especially in the winter when I am much dryer. The one thing that I don't like about it is the sheen that it leaves on my skin. I guess you could call it a glow, but whatever you call it, it's just kind of an unnatural finish. It's not extreme, but it's there. It holds up well on my skin throughout the day, and seems to hold shine at bay quite well.I still haven't figured out the best way to apply it for me. The applicator that it comes with doesn't thrill me. I have tried the E.L.F. Studio foundation brush, didn't like the way that worked out. I am fair to light, and I bought this in light beige. I was afraid the Ivory would be too pink and a bit too light. The light beige matches my skin quite well. All in all, it is quite good. But Maybelline Pure Stay powder foundation is still the best powder foundation I have tried at any price point.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by blackpoppy26

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A little cakey, and really shows dry skin and lines but stays on my face well and feels nice..I would use this if im popping to the store or going for a jog.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by bimini156

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Can't believe I hadn't reviewed this yet. I have ordered at least 4 of these. My 22 year old daughter loves it also. She wears it as a foundation. For me as a foundation it was only so-so. What I love this for is touch ups during the day. I keep one in my purse, one in the downstairs bathroom and one in the upstairs bathroom. I just use the included pad on my T-zone. I think it gives a beautiful finish. I think I usually pay $8 for this on sale. A really great product from Avon. I have the color light beige and this is a good match for my NC25 complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2012 10:14:00 AM More reviews by AyameAngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first compact foundation I've ever had that I've hit the pan on. The color I have is in the lightest shade in 'Soft Ivory' and it's a tad to dark for my skin because I'm literally white as snow.
The coverage is medium and applies smoothly and evenly with the puff it comes with, if you want lighter coverage a powder brush will do the trick.
Overall, I love this product and would recommened it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

If you're looking for a 'dupe' for MAC MSFN that doesn't break you out in huge cystic acne (like it did me), look no further than this product.

The finish is very similar to MSFN, a satiny finish with the ever-so-soft sheen. Buffs into the skin beautifully and leaves a very natural finish.

i love the way this wears too. Doesn't break down like other powders do. Lasts quite a while without requiring touch ups. Only have to blot about 1x/day too.

The product is a nice consistency; not too powdery but a bit 'stiffer' so that it doesn't create a lot of mess when applying.

I got Light Beige and it's a great match for my NC20/25 skin.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2012 8:46:00 PM More reviews by DonnaJazzhands

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation. It's perfect for my oily skin, and the coverage is great. I bought this powder in the fairest color which I believe is called "Soft Ivory" and it mixes very well with my pale skin. Probably the best part of all is that it's a pressed powder, so there is no swirling, tapping, etc. that comes with the mess of loose minerals. No more makeup stains on my clothes! The powder also has very subtle light reflecting pigments in it, so even oily skin types can achieve that "dewy" and "fresh faced" look with this powder. All this for the price of $11.00! I even went back to Avon.com and repurchased this since right now it's only $7.99! I'm very happy with this makeup.