April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Eye Shadow - Avon - 12-in-1 Eye Palette

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have a couple palettes by Avon and this is one of them. The eye shadow manages to be chalky and very sheer at the same time. It applies patchy, whether over primer or not.

I really hate to give completely bad reviews. If I, personally, find a product disagreeable then I won't deduct lippies if it performs as advertised or if it performs as expected.

This does not perform. I have yet to find an Avon eyeshadow that is up to par. Avon is inexpensive, but if it doesn't perform and it basically unusable then I see it as a waste of money and can't recommend it to anyone.

NYX and WetnWild are far better in quality and are very budget friendly. This isn't and I have to give it a thumbs down.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2011 6:54:00 PM More reviews by daleendance

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I use this palette for pretty much everything: shadow, brows, even blush when I'm in a hurry. This palette is absolutely great for beginners because it has every type of color needed: a highlight, lid, crease, and outer corner colors. Also, many different eye shadows textures are included which will also help beginners become comfortable with different formulations.
That being said, there are some cons to this product. After using the highlight colors multiple times, I've noticed that they have weird consistency and come off more white than light yellow or pink. And although all the colors are quite pigmented, the black color needs to be built up and the pure gold color just doesn't fit in with this beginner palette.
Although I do enjoy this product overall (and I recommend it to anyone) I don't see myself buying it again just because I probably won't need to. I don't think I will use up any of this eye shadows completely.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/12/2011 5:27:00 PM More reviews by AudB

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The range of colours in this palette is really nice, but the colours are hard to build to a true colour and they powder off so much I ended up with nearly as much under my eye as on my lids. The colour does not last either, even if you use a primer. This is definitely not of the same quality as the i-mark shadows in Avon's Mark line. I would not buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2011 10:54:00 AM More reviews by hotpinkluv

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To me there and good and bad things about this palette the bads first well somehow there are two differnt pallets with the same name. Im not sure if avon changed it or what. I got one then my mom got one and they are differnt. She has some colors that i dont and some are darker ligher. I like most of the shadows in both of them though. Mine has a light blue that I will never wear but hers in the same place had a silver that I love.That being said i think that these pallets are very nice with good colors and you can do a lot of looks with them.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:00:00 PM More reviews by sierray

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Nice colour range. If you have the catalogue it shows you a bunch of different ways to wear the eyeshadows.

The shimmery shades are nice, but a few are a bit on the glittery side.

I found a few of the colours go on nicely, but some go on rather erratically and I was getting patchy colour, which I've never had happen with any shadow before.

I'd probably buy again just for the convenience of having 12 shades if I go away for a weekend and am packing light.

I purged this. The colours are no where near the quality of a higher end line. It never got picked up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/29/2010 10:01:00 PM More reviews by polalola

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

nice color range, and very affordable great addition to collection..or great for beginners to have a lot of colors to choose from