July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Eye Shadow - Bare Escentuals - High Shine Eyecolor in Glisten

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

*EDIT*: Since purchasing my first bareMinerals High Shine Eyecolor, I went out and purchased some more later on, because I just loved these so much! The ones I own are in Luster (bright pewter-gold), Flare (golden brown), Pewter (lilac-toned pewter), and Polished (silvery pink). All of the above are gorgeous colors, very wearable, and highly blendable.
I would say that these are quite shiny; if you swatch them, they look impeccably reflective, which they are. Once they get on the eyes, if you use a flat eyeshadow brush, they will be just as shiny, especially Luster. I wouldn't call these great crease shades, though, because they are relatively light and will become ordinary-looking if you use them that way. In my experience, if these are paired with a dark crease shade, then they contrast absolutely beautifully! High Shine Eyecolors are versatile enough to be used for special occasion looks or for every day.
They come with a pretty big applicator that harbors a lot of shadow; fallout happens! I recommend layering on the color with the applicator, but actually blending and smoothing it out with an eyeshadow brush. High Shine Eyecolors are silky, smooth, and have a great consistency.
The colors stay true throughout the day; they're highly pigmented and will stay that way. I had no problem with them creasing or falling out or fading, so they were great, especially with primer. You get a decent amount of eyeshadow for the cost, and they're about $12 each. I love the way the packaging looks, too; very sleek and clean. I recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by taurusgurl5984

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this color, it looks awesome on my blue-green eyes. I know a lot of people complain about the packaging, but I feel like the texture of this type of e/s does apply a bit better with a sponge. I put some on with the sponge and then blend out either with my finger or a brush. It is a perfect lid to crease color for me, and highlights my lid as well as adds depth to my crease at the same time. It's easy and quick for me... of course there is the fallout but I always apply foundation after my eyeshadow so it's not a big deal. It looks really good with benefit skinny jeans cream shadow all over into the crease and then this on the inner 3/4 of lower lid. I love it - awesome complex color but neutral. I get compliments when I wear this.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/3/2011 9:32:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I should have snooped around Makeup Alley before buying this stuff, because I didn't know this eye shadow was supposed to create a foiled effect; I even told the cosmetician that I was looking for a light shimmer, not foil. Now that I've bought and returned it, I can see how it was obvious in the friggen product name. lol... oops

The colour is nice, but it seemed to change with whatever light I was in and it was way too thick. What really made me return it was the packaging: the sponge applicator is a great idea, but you really have no other option but to use it (I'd rather apply my shadows with a brush). There's a spring on the inside of the handle that almost pushes the wand out before you're ready for it. Then when you apply it to your lid, a TON of fallout happens; on my cheeks, clothes, counter, floor... everywhere!!! I followed the instructions (yes it came with instructions) and brushed off the excess off the applicator, but I still got a fallout mess all over my face.

Too much work, and way too messy. I returned it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunkey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this from Sephora online. The color is described as a sand color, and the swatch online also looks like a sand color. Well, once I got it, it looked very different. It's really a taupe color. Which looks nice, just not what I expected. To wear all over the lid, it's not a shadow for daytime. It is beautiful and dramatic for night. I think I'll check out the Bare Escentuals store next time I'm at the mall for other shades. You would really want to test these out in the store first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2010 9:42:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

*** WOW *** Possibly the best cream eyecolor I have EVER tried! I thought this would be too 'glittery' for my 45+ eyelids, but not so! Shimmery, yes- but in a sophisticated kind-of-way. And the color is to die for-- perfect for the holidays- or anyday. Glisten is a golden sand color, but it looks like a classic, frosty gold without glitter chunks. I used the applicator to apply a few dots of color on my lids, and then I gently & easily blended this out with my ring finger. I applied this over my BE Primetime eyelid primer, and this lasted all day and into the night without creasing. I see a lot of possibilities for this eyeshadow.... it looks nice mixed with other powder eyeshadows with Glisten as a lid highlight... or Glisten all over the lid with a satin or matte brown on the outer lids and crease. I am definitely going to buy this in Patina, too! I am very impressed. :o)

EDIT: The only downside to this product is the fallout during application. Maybe if you apply it to your finger first, and then apply to the lids, the fallout will be minimized. But when I apply directly from applicator to lids, I get annoying fallout (I despise fallout). Deducted one lippie for that...