April 19, 2014 | 884 users online

Fragrances - Narciso Rodriguez - Essence Intense

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

love the scent. musky and sweet in the beginning but then it takes on this light, almost menthol scent on me?! i would give it 4 stars but it has ZERO lasting power. i sprayed this on day after day, increasing the amount each time and nothing. nobody can smell it on me and thats a good thing most of the time but really, i want SOMEONE to be able to smell it! it smells so good but doesnt last at all. so back it goes to sephora...bummer!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2010 7:35:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I simply adore NR's original Essence (and I get so many compliments), so I'm looking forward to trying this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 7:11:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Let me start out by saying that I am not much of a fan of the original Essence fragrance by Narciso Rodriguez - I find it to be quite sharp, overly soapy and somewhat metallic instead of the clean musky scent I had hoped for based on the description in the ads. The only thing I really like about Essence is actually the beautiful silver bottle which is so very pretty. Despite that I was curious to try the new Essence Intense Eau de Parfum which was launched in Fall 2010 as a Limited Edition. I have to say this is wonderful, it is all I wanted Essence to be, a clean, soft, comforting skin scent, perfect for the office. The musky-amber notes are much more pronounced in the Intense version compared to the original Essence, making it a rounder, more balanced scent. I really hope this will be made permanent because if it is, I will definitely repurchase. Comes in a sculptural silver bottle too, very chic, just like Essence, but the Essence Intense bottle has a dark smokey base to set it apart. $110 for 3.3 oz/100ml.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No