September 19, 2014 | 1298 users online

Treatments - Seche Vite - Seche Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Akienna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is NOT a matte topcoat! It is a matte, strengthening nail treatment. As as a nail treatment it works wonderfully, in my experience.

I was disappointed at first because I thought it was supposed to be a matte topcoat, and it didn't work well at all, but then I looked the product up on the website and it's just a treatment that doesn't leave nails shiny, which I like.

It also works great as a base coat, I notice my polish lasts longer and my nails have been peeling less since I've been using this. I think it's great!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by misscynthia06

Bought at CVS for under $9 for a matte topcoat...I do not like this as a topcoat as it take 3 or more coats to get that look, and it is not especially fast drying so I just dont have that time.
However has been a great base, really sticks to the nails and prevents my all time common problem...nail polish peeling off.
Only reason I would not rebuy is just because there are so many other products on the market i have not tried. but this was good for the price and worth it.
Also good for guys! no shine or color but conditions the nail. A professional man may benefit from this if he needs to strengthen/protect nails but doesnt want to look like a rock star or cross dresser!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/29/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by WantonWonton

This isn't a true matte top coat as I was lead to believe. It's a milky-grey top or base coat. I can't really comment on its ability to strengthen nails, but it does look great worn by itself because it's not as shiny. It's not good with other polishes because it will make your color look milkier. The brush isn't great, so you have to be really careful to apply evenly and lightly or you'll get streaks of cloudiness in your polish.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by thespeedytomato

A note about me: I personally only like super-shiny nails when using metallic colors. I absolutely love the matte nail trend, but have found that it isn't very wearable with a lot of the colors I wear to work-- sheer pinks, corals, peaches, etc.

I purchased Seche Vite Natural Treatment at CVS for about $7 after hearing a friend rave about its ability to reduce shine without making nails completely matte... which is exactly what I've been looking for. I tried it over my traditional top coat, and sure enough, it diffuses the shine beautifully without making my nails look flat. The result is a much softer, sophisticated, luminous look to my nails, rather than the blinding shininess that results from traditional top coats alone. Sadly, the effect does not last and requires a lot of coats (between 3 and 5 depending on the polish color) to get the desired effect. I like it, but I don't have time to apply it often.

It's a good product at a reasonable price, but there are other easier, longer-lasting products out there. Would not repurchase, but am glad I tried it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2011 10:42:00 PM More reviews by ChristinaSF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the look of this product-like I recently buffed my nails. However, I find it doesn't last well. Within two days, my nails appear to bubble or chip.

Haven't worn long enough to determine whether it provides any strengthening.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2010 3:45:00 AM More reviews by curlycuesue

A youtube makeup artist/guru uses this as a basecoat, so I thought I'd give it a shot, and I absolutely love it!!! =D It's technically a strengthening treatment, but it's ideal as a basecoat. With Seche Natural, my mani lasts a week w/ no chipping! And with all the cleaning, dishwashing, typing, scraping, can-opening, & scrubbing I do, it's amazing that my polish lasts even a day, let alone one week. I found it at my local CVS for $6.99, so the accessibility and price can't be beat. Plus, it doesn't contain toulene, formaldehyde, or DBP. In terms of its efficacy as a strengthening treatment, I haven't noticed any difference, but that's probably b/c I only apply it about 1x/week as a basecoat, but instructions state to apply it every other day. However, regardless of whether its actually strengthening my nails or not, I love it as a basecoat, so I'll continue to use it as such. ;)
UPDATE (11/1/10): I think this is actually effective as a nail strengthener. My nails don't/can't grow past my fingertips without peeling and splitting; but since using Seche Natural, my nails are growing normally. This is quite profound for me as I haven't had long, healthy nails in FOREVER! Yay!! =D

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No