April 19, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Okinawa Trio

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by xBubbleBathx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE this trio. It needs primer to really capture how gorgeous the shades are together. It's perfect for sexy smokey eyes and dramatic night time eyes, the dark shades also are perfect liners if u apply them wet. Love NARS' sleek packaging too like always.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2011 4:33:00 AM More reviews by miagirl07

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Gorgeous shades, grade color payoff and the shades work wonderfully together. I would definitely repurchase it if I ran out of it ( and the backup, lol) and it was still available. It is my favorite blue :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 3:24:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is the most expensive trio I've EVER brought!
I've comtemplated on getting this trio for weeks and then when I did fork out the money to buy it from Mecca Cosmetica, I completely forgot about it, and it was sitting in my draws for months on end till now!

I agree with the first 2 reviewers that the blue in this trio is breath taking, I also think the same as them and agree that NARS should be a little more generous with the blue. This blue is how I wanted the blue in Kat Von D's Metal Orchestra the colour Dagger to be like.
Despite talking up the blue in the trio, the silver colour is also lovely and I do quiet like it alot, it really compliments the blue! The black colour......well black is black, nothing much to it!

I wore this last weekend, I had the blue blend all over the lid and blended outward, the black close to both upper and lower lash line and the silver in the inner corner with false lashes and it really did look fantastic. I got lots of compliment on my eye makeup and it's just something different from your usual neutral or black smokey eye.

I only gave this trio 4 lippies only because I found if you wear this trio without some sort of primer underneath(preferrably solid light tone primer or cream shadow), firstly the pigmentation of all 3 colours wont be as vibrant as it should/could be, secondly the shadows will fade and very quickly as well. I almost gave my trio away because when I first tried to wear it I had no primer and I had all sorts of problem with it, but with the primer, it is not a bad trio.

Extremely expensive here in Australia, only available in Mecca Cosmetica that I know, and it was about $89AUD. I wont be repurchasing because the colours were soo unevenly distributed, my silver took up 80% of pan, the blue was 15% and the poor black was like a thin strip at the end toward the right of the pan(over exaggerating LOL but its not far from the truth).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2011 8:47:00 PM More reviews by blondebohemian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okinawa is sexy and fun, and a nice change to your usual smokey eye. I do wish the colors were equally distributed in terms of size, but I still love this trio. The largest is silver, the second is a deep cobalt blue, and the third is a dark onyx color. I've used all three to create a stunning smokey eye for night time, but I've also just used the cobalt blue and the silver and smudged it on my eyelid as a daytime look. It also looks fabulous with a nude lip (NARS Madere or Little Darling lipsticks).

I doubt I'll ever use this all up since the colors are the traditional NARS quality - super pigmented, smooth, easily blendable, last all day, etc. Anyway, I love this trio and the colors are unique and beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2010 9:27:00 PM More reviews by lunadestella

The NARS Okinawa Trio is so beautiful and stylish. First, Okinawa is very special to me. My grandfather, who recently passed away, fought there in World War II. He was hit by a mortar shell and lost his right arm, but before that his troop would stay on the uninhabited islands and swim. He said the ocean was so bold and blue that it was nothing like he'd ever seen.

When I ordered the Okinawa Trio, there weren't any great swatches of it online. I was holding my breath that the blue in the middle would live up to the blue oceans my grandfather always talked about. If it was matte, I was going to be really disappointed. Well, my package arrived and I couldn't open the box faster!

Okinawa is beyond words gorgeous!

It consists of the perfect matte black, an out-of-this-world metallic navy-sea-blue, and a frosty metallic silver. The trio is about the size of a NARS' blush. So there's a ton of eyeshadow in here! There's more silver in mine than blue or black. My only wish was that there was more of the blue. It's just that special.

I don't think I've ever used a better matte black. You do need to pat it on but then again I've always had to do this with this color. The navy isn't really a true navy but a sea-blue navy. It kind of reminds me of MAC's Freshwater but darker and applies oh so much better. This blue is the EXACT blue I pictured from all my grandfather's stories about the ocean there. The silver has, to me anyway, a light blue sheen to it when applied. It's really faint but I swear I can see it there. All three of these eyeshadows look amazing together in the pan and on my lids. It's too bad this trio is Limited Edition. It won't run out anytime soon but when it does ... boy, the waterworks will flow!

15 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No