Becca Eye Tint in Pewter

on 9/20/2013 4:03:00 AM

The only plus I can find is that this is not too shimery as cream shadows usually are. It is a very basic eye wash with little to no lasting power.

on 4/17/2011 8:04:00 AM

LOVE this eye tint. It is darker than the other Becca eye tints and literally takes 10 seconds to apply a great smoky eye. Makes the colour of my eyes (grey/blue) pop.

on 3/14/2011 11:04:00 AM

I bought this product because I liked other Becca eye tints and wanted to try something darker. I wholehartedly agree with the reviewer above - this eye tint is a must have! Since buying it, I use it every day, it is so easy to use and gives fantastic results from full on smokey eye to "subtle" defining. I always use it on my lower line, it's so much easier and quicker than pencils or eye shadow. On the upper lid I either apply it on ot's own or under eyeshadow liner which also makes the eyeshadow stay put. I cannot recommend it enough. This eye tint also makes the best smokey eye I have ever managed to achieve. And it stays put the whole day. I will definitely repurchase, it was a ground breaking product in my make up routine.

on 10/27/2010 9:37:00 PM

Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium

As a makeup artist and lover of all products that work to create a smoky eye, or at the very least a contoured eye, this is a new fave. Now, please let me say that I do work as a National Artist for BECCA. However, I've used their products for years and only review the products that "speak to me" or my "must haves"... lol

Pewter is a "must have"! I do think the name could lead a buyer to believe it's a metallic or deep silver shade, but it's more of a sheer, satin black than anything else. Not shimmery or metallic in anyway... On my fair skin with fairly oily lids, it's an amazing water-proof base for a smoky eye, or to give depth to a lighter shade of powder shadow. And it's the perfect replacement for a pencil liner to create a soft-smudged look along my lower lash line (would work well on most skin tones).

A couple notes about the Eye and Beach Tints: Yes, they can be a bit watery or squirt out separated. This happens when they are new, if they've been in the heat or sat around for a while. The easy fix is to shake them well before opening, then discard any of the watery product. Don't try to mix it in with the color, as it will just make the color too diluted.

But it's a small price to pay for a creme shadow that will last for ages without drying in a pot after a couple of months. I don't know that the tubes are my favorite packaging, but it's so much better than heavy glass pots. I have two tubes - one in my kit and one in my makeup bag. My personal tube is barely touched after 7 weeks of heavy use, and the tube in my kit is used even more heavily (at a couple events every weekend, for at least 5-6 people per event) and it's still going strong!