October 22, 2014 | 1987 users online

Hair Color - SAMY - fat foam

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by amandashorts

I just dyed my hair last night with the medium reddish brown. I love the color. The product didn't burn my head. I did notice that I was coughing a lot in the shower because of the dye coming out of my hair I guess. My throat felt like it was closing up. That lasted about 5 minutes and then I was fine after that, and I'm fine now. I think the bathroom had poor ventilation. I've read that some people felt that their hair was shedding more than usual after use. So, I am praying that I stay happy with the product over the next couple of weeks. I will come back to this site if anything changes, but right now I am very happy. In fact, my hair has never looked better.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2012 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Moenique

Wanted to even out and blend in some heavy bad highlights that had been put in my long, thick, coarse and somewhat graying hair earlier this summer. It was on sale at my local grocery store for $5.79 and was intrigued enough to give it a try. Chose the medium blonde color. Was nervous after reading all these mixed reviews, but followed the directions to the letter and there was plenty of product to saturate below the shoulder hair. Have to admit the coverage was very even and the color was quite pretty, but more of what I'd consider to be a medium to light brown (on the ashey rather than warm sided blonde). I actually kind of like it for a change into winter and and had gotten used to it this week and would be willing to try this product again, but this is what makes me nervous: The Hair Loss. I do lose a fair amount of hair even when shampooing but this was alarming, we're talking hand fulls - luckily I have a lot of hair. And washing it for the first time since coloring again last night produced MORE hand fulls. I had actually bought another box as a back-up, but now am thinking of returning it to the store, something just isn't right. No, even with the great results am sorry to say would not use this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by Deannaf123

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I dye my hair red. When I first started dying it red - about 2 years ago, it would fade out quickly - about 2 weeks! Then I found Fat Foam!!! It is awesome, vibrant color that really lasts!!! It's not harsh or drying - nice change! It's a little messy, but so was the other stuff. I'm hooked and I buy it from Samy online, because I can never find my color in the store.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by alyssabubbleteax3

Application: 9/10 (can be messy)
Color: 10/10 (beautiful and vibrant)
Shampoo and Conditioner provided: 10/10 (smelled so good and worked wonders)
Amount of Product: 10/10 (i have long hair, and there was enough for my whole head and extra!)
Price: 6/10 (Buying at full price would be $10, that's a little pricey though it is worth it! If you have coupons its even more worth the buy!)

For my full review (details, pictures and all) go to the link which will take you to my blog post review:

alyssabubbleteax3.blogspot.com/2012/03/samy-fat-foam-review-r5-medium-reddish.html

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2012 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Sunshineyaaa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I liked the way you just squeeze the bottle and out comes foam but this product burned like hell while it was on my head so I won't be using it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/30/2011 10:25:00 AM More reviews by fromstarstuff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I started using Fat Foam to save money from going to the salon every six weeks. I went from a light brown to natural black. The foam was easy to use: I tried applying it all carefully, but I ended up just putting it on like I would shampoo and massaging it in to the rest of my hair. I needed a tiny bit of a second box to make sure I was completely covered because my hair is super thick and because it was a big change. After the initial application, I used less than half of the product to cover my roots and then run the color down through the ends of my hair for a touch up. For me, it was probably the least harsh box dye I have used. I didn't experience any serious hair breakage or loss more than what I normally see, and if I used a good conditioning treatment a few days later, it really helped.

My main complaint is that is just did not want to cover up my grey. I started getting grey hair at 11, and while I don't mind the thought of showing it eventually, at 26 I'm not quite ready. It would look a little less obvious, but it was still showing. My grey is typically not resistant to dye, so I'm not sure why this didn't work for me. I also don't like that you're left with a big, plastic tub to just throw out. It seems like a waste, especially since you can't really reuse it for much of anything.

I started going back to a salon, but if for some reason I had to dye my own hair again, I would probably choose Fat Foam over other products.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2011 10:16:00 AM More reviews by shescrafty72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this hair dye!! I have naturally jet black hair and plenty of gray roots! I have always used either a natural black or a burgandy type color and Samy Fat Foam Dark Cherry Brown (maybe deep cherry brow?...) worked well. Product mixed quickly and thoroughly, I have long thickish hair (below my shoulders but not quite to the center of my back) and one box saturated my hair well. Application was easy since it goes on with your hands, the provided gloves were not cheap plastic but latex grade. True to their claims it did not drip, I didn't make a mess in my bathroom (which I usually do with liquid dye). Smell was strong (as are all the others I have tried), covered my grays better than most others, but what really got me hooked was the ease of rinsing it out and also the shampoo and conditioner. I guess because its foam it rinsed out quickly and easily. Yes my hair felt dry, just like it does with any other dye, until I used the shampoo, which made an immediate difference in my hair texture even before the conditioner. I am sooo sold on this product that I intend to purchase the shampoo and conditioner to use regularly. My only complaint is the plastic mixing cup should be reusable. It seems a waste to throw it out and not be able to purchase just the chemicals and then reusethe cup. Maybe I need to dig around on their website to see if thats a possibility. I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/4/2011 11:18:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just got this hair color today and its actually on my hair now as I type. I am a little hesitant that this product is going to work well and here is why: I went into both Walgreens AND Target today looking for this product (I normally dont use this dye, but I had a coupon) and both of these stores did not carry the dye. I finally found it at Rite Aid. When I opened the package, I saw that there was a coupon off my next box, that expired in February, 2011.....(Its now November, 2011 so this box is old...) Also, I have had it in my hair for about 15 minutes and it is burning slightly (this shouldnt really be happening, as I am dying my hair dark brown. There is no bleach for this color....) I am actually going to wash it out early since many of the reviews on here have stated that the color is a little darker than what the box portrays...
I just got out of the shower and I will NEVER use this again. My hair was falling out (not TONS of it, but WAY more than normal!!! MY hair strands were also splitting, so Im pretty sure that my hair is going to be damaged from this. DO NOT GET THIS STUFF!!! There is a reason why it isnt in all stores. I can only PRAY that my color is ok when my hair dries...this stuff is no good. Please trust me. The only reason I didnt put it back in the box before I mixed the solution was because of the few good reviews on here. Stay away from it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/26/2011 9:11:00 PM More reviews by omglove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do love this product HOWEVER! It is hard to make and is very easy to spill out of the bottle because it is foam. I particularly like it because it is easy to use and is fairly cheap. I love the packaging! Finally the way it makes my hair look is fairly nice. Not my favorite hair dye, but, as my Dad says, it get 'er done.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/4/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by lkeller99

I have been coloring my own hair for years. I used Samy Fat Foam light blonde four days ago and my hair still feels like straw, even after applying my own products to help regain natual looking/feeling hair. Samy Fat Foam has distroyed my hair. UGH!!! I want my money back and my hair back. I regret the day I bought this product.