October 20, 2014 | 872 users online

Powder - Becca - Boudoir Skin Mineral Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 10:11:00 PM More reviews by miaaaaa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

(FYI, Becca has since changed the name of this product to Perfect Skin Mineral Powder Foundation. It is the same formula).

My skin background: Very oily, sensitive, and acne prone. I can get pretty red and ruddy on bad skin days. I have moderately yellow-based light Asian skin (approximately NC25, Becca concealer in Tahini.) I have difficulty finding foundations that don't clog my pores and break me out.
This pressed powder foundation offers light to medium coverage which is definitely enough to cover my redness and the majority of my skin issues. The finish is demi-matte and very natural looking. I find that it doesn't look flat or powdery at all as long as I don't use too much around my nose and upper lip area. The coverage is fairly buildable and an extra swipe of powder will take care of redder areas on my skin.
I recommend using the least amount of moisturizer possible if you have very oily skin like me, because it greatly diminishes the staying power of the foundation. My skin is oily enough to skip moisturizer during the day (as long as I moisturize at night) and the lack of moisturizer underneath makes a huge difference in the longevity of this foundation. I can get away without touching up for about 7 hours as long as I don't over-moisturize.
I use the color Sand which is described as "light beige, neutral to yellow" on the Becca website. This shade has definite yellow undertones. The next shade lighter, Shell, is slightly lighter but significantly less yellow and more neutral.
This foundation hasn't exacerbated my acne and doesn't leave residue on my skin after I use a gentle cleanser. Overall I am very pleased!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2012 6:29:00 AM More reviews by cheeky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My skin is between NC10-NC15 in Mac products, and I got this in Bliss. I wear it to set my liquid foundation, though I know this can also be worn on its own. I use a light hand with this and only use it on my t-zone because it can make the pores on my cheeks look horrible. I didn't even realize I had a problem with my pores until I used this product. With that said, I like this powder a lot. It's finely milled, and doesn't have a distinguishable scent, at least to my nose. I like to use loose powders to set my liquid foundation usually, but this is so finally milled that it works just as well in my opinion. It's a very neutral/warm powder, which is a plus for me. The price is definitely high, but I found it on ebay for less than $20 with s/h which made it worth it for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2012 11:47:00 AM More reviews by knicks

This compact mineral foundation is my holy grail, ever since I've got it, I have look no more new foundations. For reference, I wear NC37 in Mac and Warm Natural in BB. I use the shade Rapture. I am proud to say that I suffer from Adult Acne and this product have not aggravated my skin during my healing process. I have been commented by so many on how my skin looks naturally good, although I do have a few acne scar. I'm almost finish with my first compact and I'm buying a second one tomorrow.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by spunkha

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For colour reference im nc25 and got this in the shade DREAM because i felt it had more warm yellow undertones. The finish of this powder reminds me alot of the mac msf natural in that it imparts a lovely sheen to the face...

it doesnt offer much coverage so i recommend using this as a finishing powder for a more polished look.

the compact is quite tiny which makes this product q expensive.
wont repurchase though

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Cloudpuff_2007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let me start off by saying I NEVER write product reviews, because, well, I'm simply never impressed enough to take the time to talk about a product. So the fact that I'm reviewing this foundation, must mean it's FANTASTIC.

I have tried every single foundation on the market, and Ive never been pleased until now. This foundation is truly AMAZING and the best in the market . The coverage is phenomenal, it covers redness and blemishes effortlessly , but still looks natural. This is the least cakey looking foundation ive ever tried, but the thing that stuns me the most about this foundation is the glow that it gives! My skin looks so dewy and glowy and perfect , I've never experienced this before in a foundation! This without a doubt would be my HG, if it weren't for two earth shattering reasons :
1) shade . I am extremely pale, and the lightest shade is just one shade off from being perfect for me. If they were to come out with just a shade lighter in selection, I'd be sold forever!
And 2) the price . I spent 40usd on this foundation, and while I have spent more on crappier products , I feel like the amount they give you is not enough to justify the price . I hit pan in about 2 weeks.. The quantity is absolutely minuscule!

Regardless, if you have not tried this foundation, do it immediately ! You will be astonished at the finish and durability

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 2:00:00 PM More reviews by JanM

I like this powder foundation very much. I am a big fan of the BECCA range of makeup and have repurchased the LSC, the stick foundation and the powder in loose and pressed form.

I have had a bit of a thing about mineral powders for a while but have yet to find a foundation in mineral form that is as quick and easy for me as a good tinted moisturiser.

I find myself returning to this again and again, both over my miriad tinted moisturisers and on its own, and in each role this performs extremely well. It sets my TMs and takes the quick but necessary coverage up a notch into the more polished, and when used on its own manages to make my bare naked skin look that bit better, not perfect or even 10yrs younger, but better.

The shade "beloved" is perfect for my one-shade-down-from-perfect-porcelain skin with its discolouration and ruddy cheeks.

It is rather teeny tiny but at £26 and with bottom less pit qualities, that price does not seem extortionate for me, I bought this at the end of the summer last year and whilst I do not use it every day I do use it at least a couple of times a week and there is but a slight indentation.

For information I did try the shade "bliss" but found that to be a little more yellow based, whereas the "beloved" to me was more neutral, even though online and indeed in the flesh so to speak the "bliss" looked like it would be lighter overall.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by maquin22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Highly recommend this for anyone with normal to dry skin looking to airbrush imperfection away vs full coverage. Think bare face effect.

This is the only mineral foundation I have repurchased. I've tried bare minerals - hate it, Laura Mercier - too thick/shiny, Jane Iradele - good before they reformulated Pur, too thick, shimmery and countless others.

I have sensitive skin an am easily irritated - BE was the worst. Contact dermatitis is a b!tch which sometimes takes days to heal. Becca is a winner - none of their products irritate me :)

I have dry skin and for that reason usually go for liquid foundation, but I actually prefer this to liquid for my everyday makeup. It's not shimmery nor dewy, but definitely not matte. If I want a bit of shimmer light dusting of La Mer handles that.

Bloom is an exact match to my skin tone; NC25 but I lean more towards neutral vs. warm so this is an even better match.

The only con, but it won’t stop me from using this is that I wish the packaging was different - larger mirror would be nice.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 8:30:00 PM More reviews by lilmz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

love this product it's perfect for summer as it's so light.
the coverage is light-medium, i only have uneven skintone so this works brilliantly, is definitely one of the best powder foundations i have tried - better then my benefit hello flawless. the finish is not completely matte, but kind of natural & smooth. colour matched my summer coloring well - i have it in bloom & i am about a mac nc25.
packaging is the best i have seen for a mineral powder product as it comes in pressed form, just a tiny swirl of the brush picks up a tonne of the product - it's very soft.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2012 11:41:00 PM More reviews by catsaregrey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was unsure of what colour I should get, so I bought 'Bliss' and 'Beloved'. In the pan, Bliss looked like the lighter of the two, however on my skin it was the other way around. When applying it looks almost invisible, but my skin tone becomes even and flawless. It doesn't cake either, which is a huge plus.

Not a fan of the packaging though, while it looks pretty I dropped one compact from the hight of 1ft and the powder cracked in half and crumbled - thankfully it was the one that was too dark, however I'm sure to wrap it up securely when I travel

Another setback is the size - it's half what I'd get in my MAC Blot Powder. It's $50 here in Australia and one compact lasted me 2 months. Not sure if I'll repurchase.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by spitfireseven

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best mineral foundation i have used. I have tried ID minerals, Bare Minerals, and Ultra Ceuticals. I suffer from hormonal breakouts on my chin once a month, and have consistently used Mac studio fix to cover these since I was 21 (i'm 26 now). I notice that although the coverage of studio fix is amazing, it aggravates the breakout and looks dry on the affected area. When I use mineral makeup my skin clears up but i have never been able to find a coverage this good.

The colour match for Becca is perfect - I am an NC30 in the studio fix but have found a shade in the Becca mineral powder which is an even more natural match on my skin. When used in conjunction with Becca compact concealer I can successfully cover the breakout getting a finish better than with studio fix. This sits well on the skin and doesn't flake on dry areas. My breakouts clear fast when I am using mineral powder.

The downside is that a kabuki brush is a must - i bought the flat top brush from Becca which matches the makeup packaging and it added another $60 to my purchase. I find that some of the product is wasted with the brush.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No