October 20, 2014 | 1453 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Pure Matte Lipstick - Volga

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 2:38:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the perfect vampy lippy. It's so bold and substantial and matte. It's very 90's and for that I adore it. I always gravitated towards more red-based bold lipsticks and while I loved them [especially from NARS], after a few months I'd get bored. I think the red base is what bored me. There is no red to be found in Volga. Purple-y without being garish, goth without being Hot Topic. It's divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Narsfanatic

This is my go-to lipstick. Nars pure matte is one of the best matte formulas around- less drying than a lot of other brands out there. Volga is a deep aubergine, and I'm on my third tube already! Perfect for those who really want to make a statement

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 1:40:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gorgeous but I also bought Revlon Black Cherry & it is an exact dupe.I bought it to carry around when I don't want to run the risk of losing my $30 Nars.Its also a dupe to Tom Ford Black Orchid which I also had but ran out which put me on the hunt for Volga.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2014 3:21:00 PM More reviews by sheresists99

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most expensive lipstick that I've bought and it wasn't really worth it to be honest. The colour is very beautiful: a dark plum/wine colour. However, it did not cover all of my lips. I found that it wouldn't cover the middle of my lips and feathered quite a bit. It was also really drying. I am actually planning on returning it because I was not satisfied

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2013 5:07:00 PM More reviews by Sara44

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR THE PERFECT DARK LIPSTICK THIS IS FOR YOU

Generally dark lips are tricky to apply, and I'm a huge nars lover so I tried this out.
It's perfect. So easy to apply, great colour, long lasting.

I'll say this again SO EASY TO APPLY.

If I ran out of this lipstick I wouldn't even look at another line for a dark lip, would definitely be purchasing this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:20:00 PM More reviews by PORTIAINDIRA

I bought this yesterday at Nordstorms. I wanted a lipstick similar to MAC Lip Attitude, C11 made in France, that I wear everyday. The first thing that i noticed about this lipstick was the small size and pencil width of the stick. The MAC lipstick that I'm using has a wide traditional stick. I don't have a lot of depth perception, so it is more of a challenge to put the lid on this NARS lipstick. I was afraid of breaking the NARS stick, but it rolls out with a protected slant, so my being heavy handed has not been a problem. I apply my lipstick my minivan and I don't usually use a mirror. My application of my NARS stick in this instance will be interesting because it covers 1/2 the size of my lip. I nave full natural lips. I'm a black woman. I like that the NARS matte color is dense and no joke. I don't get skip marks with this lipstick, nor do I get skips with my MAC. It is easier to feel for my fat, normal sized, MAC lipstick than my pencil sized NARS. I've already pulled out my black Sharpie marking pen thinking that it was my new NARS lipstick. No worries, I didn't apply it, Lol. With tax this NARS lipstick cost $28.15 at Nordstrom's. Part of the appeal of NARS is that it is not sold at Macy's. It's special! I have to go to Sephora, Nordstrom's, or Amazon to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 11:48:00 AM More reviews by minatigerlily

I would recommend this lipstick to any avid purple lipstick fiend. I am on my first tube, and unfortunately lost the cap a month ago. Lipstick is still fine and I wear it regularly. 25 dollars seems a little steep, but still cheaper than some of the most expensive on the market and a good deal considering that it WORKS.

It is almost impossible to find amazing matte lipsticks and this particular one is a lovely deep plum shade that goes on smoothly. Before applying I must exfoliate my lips and if the weather is dry I put on chapstick and let it dry for about 5 minutes. Then I line and color in my entire lips with either the matching NARS fatty lip pencil, or whatever similar color on hand. Than I apply one coat of Pure Matte, blot and then use a setting powder before applying a second coat(I do this with almost everylipstick). This may seem like a lot of work, but in the end I get like 6 hours of wear with no cracking or feathering. This lipstick dries almost immediately but my lips will stay moist throughout the day.

My only complaints are that it is dryer that most formulas, but following the steps above I have found that can easily be avoided. I also enjoy the packaging, NARS always does it right keeping things sleek and sexy with all matte black casing. Only other this is that I feel they could put a little more product in for the price. It doesnt take my too long to go through one of these small tubes, especially if I am wearing everyday like in the winter. Hope this helps all round great product if your looking for a dark matte lip!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 2:40:00 AM More reviews by aykhan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm a big fan of the Pure Matte line, and this colour is one of my favourites (I love dark lipstick). It applies very smoothly, with excellent colour payoff and doesn't budge. I do have to make sure that my lips are exfoliated and moisturized before applying, but I have to do that with pretty much every lipstick since my lips are super-dry.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 7:12:00 PM More reviews by GucciDiva

This is STUNNING.
I am very pale but I have always wanted to find a dark lip that doesn't make me look goth. This is just right. It is a purplish wine color. Like a darker version of the Never Say Never lip pencil. This pops against my blue eyes and brown hair. It is rich & deep, but not garish. It is dramatic & fabulous.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2012 6:39:00 PM More reviews by MES

For my 200th review I figured I would splurge and get myself something really nice. I've been on the search for a nice dark lipstick. I've been wearing mostly pinks and nudes for so long now I almost forgot about bold vampy lips. I really love this shade, its a deep dark red, almost purple but still very wearable. It looks a bit intimidating in the tube, but even on my pale skin it looks really nice. The color is buildable, just a bit for a nice plum tint, or a bit more for a dramatic aubergine. Personally I did not find this too drying, but the last time I experimented with deep matte lips was the early days of longwear lippie, and that stuff was awful. I didn't have any problems with it kissing off, but it did end up on my straws and napkins. Definitely apply this with a lip brush, that is something I didnt know in my younger years when wearing deep shades. Precision is necessary, otherwise, well its just a mess. The price is a bit steep, with tax it was right around $30, but hey we all deserve a treat sometimes.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No