July 26, 2014 | 1019 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Diamond Strength in Deeply Violet (92)

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by jllanham

I bought this a few years ago on clearance at CVS. It was one of my best finds! I love the sparkle in the polish and the fact that it doesn't require a base or top coat for nice results. It's also very chip resistant.

Again, it's become a staple in my fall/winter nail color wardrobe. LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by sharilstuff

Gorgeous! Sexy and slightly goth without at all being juvenile or tacky. I'm 43 and this color feels edgy and fun by never conspicuous or ridiculous. I personally draw the line at blue, green or anything further than that from a variant of your classic red or pink, but that's just me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2011 3:40:00 AM More reviews by LolaBlue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I debated getting this color for a long time, and finally when CVS put it on sale for 75% off I gave in (yeah *that* was a real struggle). But the reason why I hadn't bought it before was because I have a lot of purple polishes and I was naturally worried I'd have a dupe. Thankfully I didn't, and though I have strayed from my purple polish love in recent months this has rekindled the romance. It's so... pretty. It looks like purple velvet. It's just so rich looking. It's not a creme, but it's not super-shimmery. Pretty, but understated and chic. Bonus? It's a one-coater. The downside (and the reason for only 4 lippies) is that it took forever to dry. This has been my experience w/ the other Diamond Strength polishes I've tried, so I wasn't very surprised. Even with Seche Vite applied directly on top of it, it took 4+ hours to completely dried, which sucked.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by Liajul

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Adore this nail color right now. I just got it, wanted a dark, near black shade aside from black since still wanting to warm up to that,:p
I have another purple that's about a mid-hue, nothing special like this one!! I never thought I'd be fond of an eggplant tone. But it is so gorgeous..ecspecially if you have olive-tan skin to dark, and in the sun, it looks like jewel-toned purple, hard to explain til you see it.
I would be so sad if they ever stop making this shade. LOVE it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2010 6:51:00 PM More reviews by OHNOSOPHiE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I would only buy this again for the color. It is a gorgeous deep plum with the tiniest hint of sparkle. I absolutely love this color for the fall/winter. I found that it chipped a lot, even after I would apply a base and top coat. The brush is very skimpy so it doesn't hold a lot of polish making it difficult and frustrating to apply. Had the brush and polish formula been the same as the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure , it wouldve gotten a 5 rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 11:19:00 PM More reviews by sulfababy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is SUCH a pretty dark purple color! I applied two coats over a rubberized base coat, then finished with a top coat. Dries pretty fast. Even after doing some heavy-duty cleaning and scrubbing around the house, I only had to touch up the very tips of my index fingers once in a whole week. The polish would have lasted longer but my nails were growing and the color discrepancy at the nail bed was too much. I'm a nail painting newbie, but this was easy to apply and held up much better than other polishes I've tried recently.