Hard Candy Visibly Wet Shockingly Glossy Lip Pencil in Jezebel

2.5

I was excited when I first bought this lip crayon. The color was gorgeous and very opaque, but the glitter made it really gritty. When applied, it actually made my lips hurt with the sensation of burning. Such a disappointment because the color was so pretty.

on 3/21/2012 10:56:00 AM

I love this pencil! It's actually a chubby crayon. I have it in #346... can't find the color name on it. It's a vivid, shimmery magenta. Since it's called a glossy lip pencil, I had expected it to be kind of sheer, but I was pleasantly surprised to find It's super creamy, super shiny and highly pigmented and wears like iron. It's similar to Milani Lip Flash crayons (which I also love) in shine, pigmentation and pizazz. Unlike the last reviewer, I find this has no smell or taste at all. It is a little sticky, but I like that because the stickiness makes it last long on the lips. I now want to try other colors.

on 12/31/2011 8:59:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I didn't seem to have as much issues with this as the previous reviewers. Maybe because its winter, i don't know. But it didn't seem to melt on me or splay everywhere as long as i was careful applying it. BUT i did have that tingling/burning sensation with this. Its weird, i thought maybe its because i rubbed my lips together & the glitter was gritty or something but no i dont think thats it. I will admit, my lips are rather sensitive to a lot of things though. Im going to try this over a balm to see if that will help (i do this with certain glosses that have a mint or plumper effect to help shield from that) and update my review. Its an extremely beautiful vibrant color & im going to find a way to make it work.

on 10/26/2011 12:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Not only did the WHOLE "pencil lead" melt onto my lips it burned my lips so badly. Because of the overly-melty pigment, it was impossible to keep the color from getting all over my teeth and mouth; the taste is absolutely unbearable. I don't usually eat lipstick, but I couldn't help it. I would never buy this again. I contacted the company and I want my money back. Hopefully, they'll see my point.

on 6/9/2011 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Oooh....The burning sensation! I applied Jezebel( I also have Babe) on my lips and it was burning my lip so bad, after I removed it 20 minutes later, I could still feel the burning sensation. The color is gorgeous, the formulation is not the best, and It is very tacky, not sticky....tacky. I got this as a gift from a beautiful friend, unfortunately I have to dump it...ugh!!! Jezebel is a bold, rich magenta...very pretty!

on 10/25/2010 9:45:00 PM

This is one of Hard Candy's new items for Fall/Winter 2010. It is a fat lip pencil that really reminds me of the old Urban Decay Pleather Pencils (RIP). This is like the poor girl's version of that....I guess. So, I bought the shade called Jezebel, which looks identical to the new HC polish called Fabuluxe. Both are magenta with magenta glitter. The color is unique, but the formula is kind of mehhh. It is thick and creamy and very opaque. It makes for a bold lip, BUT it is kind of tacky and the taste is HORRIBLE (just for reference, I don't mind the UD lipsticks that everyone says taste like crap. This is really bad). It also stings my lips upon application. However, once applied, it does not budge unless I eat or drink. The bitterness of this product makes it where I don't want to lick my lips or eat with this on, so I have to blot it off before eating or drinking. I'm not sure about this product. I like how it looks on my lips, but I don't like the foul taste or discomfort. I think I will use up what I have, but I won't be repurchasing.

Popular Lipsticks