December 20, 2014 | 1648 users online

Self Tanners - Summer Tan

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2014 2:14:00 AM More reviews by staceyli87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The worst customer service.

I purchased 2 bottles of SummerTan after being told by Mary that they have a life span of 1 year.

The two bottles they sent me were going to expire in 6 months.

I spent days going back and forth with them, first being told that it's completely normal for them to send product that will expire soon if that's all the stock they have and I should put them in a fridge and should get another 6 months life out of them.

When I wasn't happy with this and said that's not acceptable and I didn't pay for bottles that will expire soon, I was told I will need to return my bottles (I live in another country) and I will have to cover the cost of shipping. I questioned how this is fair when they made a mistake by sending bottles that have HALF their life span.

Then I was told they will have fedex pick them up and send me 2 new bottles that have a 12 month expiry sticker (how do you they now have a new batch when I was told the day before that that's all they have?)

Then told that the new bottles - and I quote "NEED TO BE STORED IN A FRIDGE", I questioned why the bottles do not say this and only say they cannot be exposed to temperatures over 40degrees, I was told then that "IT'S NOT ESSENTIAL THAT THEY ARE STORED IN A FRIDGE", but 2 minutes ago you told me they NEED to be stored in a fridge???

It's pretty clear that the 2 new bottles they were going to send me were going to be the same bottles I now have, just with a new sticker since these ones needed to be stored in a fridge.

Major run around by Mancine, thanks for wasting my time and money Mary & Brenton.

Save your money and AVOID Mancine, I've been purchasing from them for over 5 years and they take no responsibility when they make a mistake. Their approach is that It's just bad luck for the customer, they've already got your money!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by frenchie_cutay

I've always been scared of using self tan products because they always give me an eerie fake colour (I think I see it more than others, but still). I got a full size bottle in my Lust Have it box and I though heck, it's here and not going away... I got the LOTION in a pump bottle not the mousse pictured here. I used an applicator mitt from St Tropez I think. Personally I liked it BETTER than St Tropez. I still see that fake ish colour but it's really not as bad, I can actually say I finally LIKE the results of a self tan. When I woke up and looked at myself in the mirror I was like like ARGH!!!! I looked BROWN! But luckily it washed off in the shower and left behind a lovely colour. I think it's because I used lotion on my skin before applying to dilute the tan a bit and it must of tanned the lotion sitting on my skin if it makes any sense. And it lasted a good 3-4 days, and didn't smell bad. Winner in my book, will re purchase!
Just a quick edit, it doesn't smell much when you apply it but after it dries it def has "that smell". I'm going to use a more scented body wash when I get home. The results are still way worth it for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2013 7:47:00 PM More reviews by TriciaKirk

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this on the recommendation of my hairdresser who sells it. I am very fair and have blotchy skin on my legs. She only had it in the dark shade.
I found it to go on easily, using a tanning mitt I had from another product. As it is tinted it is easy to see where it is on the skin as it is applied.
It produces a dark tan as expected that continued to develop over time. It lasts longer than expected. I do not apply daily as recommended as I am sure I would end up way too dark
Next time I will try the light shade which would be hopefully less dramatic than the dark shade is on me
p.s. I used the pump pack not the product displayed here

rated 1 of 5 on 2/24/2011 9:41:00 PM More reviews by emalina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This smells so nice but is a really terrible tan, it doesnt tan hardly at all. I have used the lotion and have loved it as an 'instant tanner' but it washes off. This mousse felt so sticky like it never properly dried. A waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2010 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Talste

I have been fake tanning regularly for about 8 months now starting with L'Oreal Sublime bronze and slowly graduating up to St Tropez. while trying Garnier, Models Co, Le Tan and a few other unmemorable ones along the way in the quest for the perfect tan.

I read numerous rave reviews on Summer Tan on another beauty forum and while I'm always hesitant about the validity of these reviews & integrity of the reviewer I purchased Summer Tan anyway against better judgment as it was on sale on ITVSN (that's the Aussie version of home shopping network)

Price wise I paid $59.95 plus shipping for 2 x tanning lotions, 2 x tanning foam & 2 x exfoliating scrubs.

The packaging is very similar to St Tropez and the smell of the product is also similar to St Tropez (which is also similar to magic tan, spray tan) it's that smell that is often described as "biscuity" or "almondy" and the application of the product is easy just like St Tropez, So far so good right?

I've used the foam tanner 5 times now, I apply before bed and allow sufficient time for the product to dry before hoping into bed and each time I have woken up the next morning and eagerly headed over to the mirror to check the results only to be severely disappointed.

The depth of the "tan" (although I have trouble even calling it that) is so light it is hardly noticeable and just washes straight off in the shower anyway, Last night (and this is what's prompted me to add this review) I went through the application process 3 times before bed which is obviously quite time consuming for a full body application and the depth of the tan is STILL not even close to ONE application of L'Oreal Sublime, Models Co or St Tropez ! If St Tropez is a 10 on a scale of 1 - 10 (10 being the best), Summer Tan would be a 1.

This product is rubbish, Don't believe the hype, Your better off spending your money on a more well known brand than this utter garbage, I haven't tried the Summer Tan tanning lotion yet & am not expecting much when I do but I will post the results if they are more positive than my experience with the Summer Tan foam.