October 21, 2014 | 1313 users online

Mascara - Boots - No. 7 Exceptional Definition Nutrient Enriched Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by shady74

I note most of the reviews are from pre-2012 and describe a freebie product. I'm telling you about the one I bought two weeks ago which is the BEST mascara I've used in ages. Gives amazing length and definition and NO clumps. Doesn't flake and is easy to take off. If it's a really thick, false lash effect you're after you won't like this but if you want separated, defined lashes this is perfect. It's not one of those wimpy 'natural' mascaras - i.e. doesn't do anything! - so two coats will really make a difference. I love it

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by lovetolookgreat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Got this as a freebie, which is good as I'd never buy it. It clumps a lot, and doesn't last very long. Maybe because mine is a little old so no longer has its original consistency. Not a fan. Very thick and gloopy texture.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/15/2014 11:01:00 PM More reviews by SWhitaker05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally use this mascara a lot. It is so much better than some others for the same price or more. I love the way my lashes look.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/20/2013 4:47:00 PM More reviews by CheshireCat88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

If your looking for a mascara that will give you thick volumptuous lashes then this isn't the one, what it will do however is give you very defined long lashes.

The wand has one side which has extra long fingers on it which really help separate the lashes so they look very natural with no clumping. I love this when i want a natural makeup look, but if your after thick lashes then this one really won't do.

Its a good product for the money, does what it says on the tin but won't blow you away

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on sale to try. The brush is supposed to be helpful but I did not find it useful and rather hard. The mascara is ok, I would not call it exceptional compared to Mally or Tarte. This was good to try for casual use but I would not repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2012 9:42:00 AM More reviews by mg1013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this mascara for free in the Deco Darling gift box from Boots when I bought foundation last week. Now, I usually have good luck with Boots products, but either this tube is from a bad batch of mascara or this formulation is just a dud. It sheds little black particles all over my face after just an hour of wear, and embrittles my lashes to the point where some BREAK when I try to take off the rest of the product with makeup remover! This is horrifying!! I have never had a mascara do this to me before, not even the cheapest CoverGirl or Maybelline tube. Even though this was free, I'm thinking of bringing it back to the store or emailing corporate just so they're aware of the problem.

Incidentally, the brush is good, and the mascara really doesn't clump. However, that's not of primary importance when the product has such serious issues elsewhere.

I was under the impression that most mascaras were pretty much the same, but this is clearly not the case. I'm going back to Maybelline, which might smudge, but at least it doesn't make me look like I lost a fight with a chimney sweep.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2012 1:30:00 AM More reviews by xXVampirePrincessXx

This is my favorite natural-looking mascara ever! This mascara is the first mascara I have seen, that makes my lashes so pretty, yet so natural!! It's amazing! Their are different bristles on the brush to create different looks. I purchased mine for $7 at Target, but you can also find it at Walmart, but I don't know about drugstores. I would definitely consider purchasing this product, especially if you want such a pretty and natural look! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2012 11:37:00 AM More reviews by frickinradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

What a lovely mascara: gives AMAZING volume, adds a nice bit of cheeky length, curls wonderfully, applies like a dream with no clumps or flakes, the brush is fabulously designed......But then, oh dear.....2 hours later....it looks like i've gone 2 rounds with Mike Tyson.
Unfortunately it hasn't got much staying power at all and smudges all under the eyes....result...well, a less then desirable look!
Like a hot date, it'd started out so amazing...but...he didn't have the stamina to keep up with me for a single day...oh well, into the draw you go for rainy day (and i'll see if there's any room for the mascara as well ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 12:33:00 PM More reviews by jamster86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am a massive fan of Lancome Hypnose and rarely use any other mascara. However I recently had a no7 voucher and liked the look of the weird brush on this so I gave it a go!

It's not quite as long wearing as lancome, which is what I love so much about that. However it doesn't flake or smudge all over your face, it just looses a bit of 'oomph.' so you don't end up looking like a panda even as it wears. The great thing about this is that it leaves your lashes feeling very soft still, so it's not hard to add more if you need it.

The brush is really clever and has three different sets of bristles for applying, defining and separating. I thought it might just be gimmicky, but unlike other mascaras with unusual shaped brushes this one seems to actually serve a purpose!!

Definitely worth a try - gives a high end finish without the high end price tag

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:26:00 PM More reviews by ChicksAlmighty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great mascara! I really liked the brush on this one, there are different sized and shaped bristles on each side so it makes it easier to ensure all lashes are coated.

I have quite long lashes, and this mascara coated and defined them very well. There were no clumps, and no problem with over-coating or lashes becoming stuck together.

It does dry up quite fast though, which is the only bad thing about it. I'm not sure if I'd buy this one again because of that, but I have bought some other No7 mascaras to try out because they have a big range and I'm curious about them, especially since this one was so good.