The Body Shop Baked to Last Bronzer

4.2

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Talc (Absorbent/Bulking Agent), Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate (Skin Conditioning Agent), Dimethicone (Skin Conditioning Agent), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil (Emollient), Sclerocarya Birrea Seed Oil (Skin Conditioning Agent), Polysorbate 20 (Emulsifier), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Viscosity Modifier), Theobroma Grandiflorum Seed Butter (Emollient), Sodium Dehydroacetate (Preservative), Cetearyl Ethylhexanoate (Emollient), Tocopheryl Acetate (Antioxidant), Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer (Skin-Conditioning Agent - Emollient), Water (Solvent/Diluent), Tin Oxide (Opacifier), Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (Sunscreen), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Hair & Skin Conditioning Agent), Sorbitan Stearate (Emulsifier), Zea Mays (Corn) Starch (Absorbent/Chelating Agent), Isohexadecane (Emollient/Solvent), Tocopherol (Antioxidant), Polysorbate 80 (Surfactant), Sorbitan Oleate (Emulsifier). May Contain: Mica (Opacifier), Iron Oxides (Colour), Titanium Dioxide (Colour).

on 2/24/2015 10:27:00 AM

This is one of my all-time favourite all-over bronzers. However, like all products, it does have its pros and cons, outlined below.

Pros:
1. This product adds a beautiful shimmer to the skin. I have the shade "Warm Glow" for my light skin, and it adds just the right touch of bronze and a warm sheen to the skin. The fact that it has pink undertones running through the product compliments light skin well.
2. This product has good staying power, I notice that I am still able to see the product with no (or minimal) touch ups throughout the day.
3. This product is not too drying, nor has it caused my skin any allergic reactions or redness.
4. The colour does not appear muddy or orange.

Cons:
1. The packing looks quite cheap in my personal opinion, and the plastic casing breaks/cracks easily.
2. There are only two shades to choose from (a shade formulated for light skin and a shade formulated for dark skin).
3. The price ($23.00 CAN) is a bit iffy for me (granted, I have more expensive products from other brands that are not as good, so this isn't a deal breaker by any means).

Despite the minimal cons, I still love this product and would purchase again. Highly recommend.

I have this in the shade 'Warm Glow'. A medium bronzed shade with pink running through it and also a few lighter shades.

I tried this when I was on holiday with a friend. I forgot to take a bronzer and so used my friends and this is the bronzer she had! I was initially sceptical because I don't usually like bronzers that appear shimmery and I also had never used a product with different colours running through it!

I loved this as soon as I put it on my skin! The texture is gorgeous, doesn't look cakey and it's super super blendable! The colour is really complimentary to my fair hair and fair complexion although do be careful not to over apply as it can look a tad orangey, but nothing too bad! This looks way more shimmery in the pan than it does on the face so don't let that put you off, rather than making you look shiny, it gives you a gorgeous glow, beautiful if you're already tanned, and beautiful if you're not!

The thing I most love about this product is that I can also use it as an instant fake tan on my chest area, neck and even on the back of my neck/top of my back - it looks stunning when applied to the collar bones to give a gorgeous glow!

Although it's a little pricey, I've had this for around 6 months and I have barely made a dent in it, so I believe it will last me a very long time and therefore worth every penny! (I use this everytime I wear makeup, so it gets good use)

I usually apply a light dusting of this all over the face using a large, fluffy brush for even distribution. Avoid using this as a contour bronzer, I feel it wouldn't work so well due to the shimmer.

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

This highlighter is just beautiful. Reminds me of Mac soft and gentle, just not as pigmented but still hold great pigment. I use this to highlight my brow bone and cheekbones and I think it's very complimentary to my NW25 skintone. Packaging is also lovely and easy to use, no mirror but that isn't a major issue for me. Definitely repurchasing.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have mine in the Warm Glow shade. If you are looking for a more affordable dupe of the MAC Skinfinish, then this is it! I love how it imparts a healthy radiant glow. I swipped the color on my finger then on the back of my hand and thought it was going to be shimmer overload. It's actually not that shimmery if you apply with a flat topped bronzer brush with a very light hand. I like to wear this over any matte bronzer as it just gives more life to the skin. Perfect for natural makeup days and days where you find your skin looks blahhhh and tired.
There are various types of colors in this bronzer if you take a close look- there's a bit of light pink, some light gold and of course a light bronze. So it makes the skin very glowy.
It also can be used as a shadow. If I am in a hurry I like swipping this in the crease or on the browbone.
The packaging is very basic- a domed clear case with just "The Body Shop" words and logo on the front. When I run out I probably won't replace this as I have the Body Shop shimmer waves that works just as good or better.

on 7/14/2014 6:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

This bronzer doesn't compare to any other bronzers I have tried. It is the perfect shade for all skin tones and the shimmer is the perfect amount. The only downfall to this bronzer is the cheap packaging, I can't get over how cheap and unattractive the packaging is. It is a beautiful, shimmery, brown colour to add to your face and I recommend it to everybody out there!

on 7/14/2014 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Does this thing ever run out of product? Baked to "last" is really a true description and because of that, it is everywhere with me for touch ups. I have the darkest one. It gives a silvery sheen and a warmth glow to the skin. It has decent staying power. I use this as blush, bronzer, warming up my face, light contouring in the last minute when I had nothing on me, and on my chest/neck. I have dropped this, been tossed around in many purses&makeup bags, and I bought this around 2 years ago and its still intact and applying well. If if was gold shimmer and not silver shimmer, then that would be even better. But still glad I bought this, pretty handy to have. A great buy.

on 5/8/2014 12:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Although this is kind af expensive a little goes a long way :)

on 1/12/2014 2:29:00 AM

I bought both shades when TBS was having one of their sales. I admit, I was attracted to the packaging -- very pretty! I mostly use the darker shade (Golden Bronze), while the lighter one works better [on me] as a highlighter. On my NC 40 skin, Golden Bronze gives me the perfect glow. Although it may look extremely glittery in the pan, it doesn't actually show up that glittery on the skin. Also for how dark it looks, I've found that this actually goes on pretty sheer -- which I like, because it's harder to over-apply. Overall, I like this bronzer a lot! It's worth the expensive price tag, because you get a TON of product and this lasts forever.

on 6/8/2013 6:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This bronzer is amazing if you apply it right! I put my foundation on and let it dry in then I apply this all over my face with a large very soft brush. I then apply my finishing powder or matte bronzer and wow! The perfect glowing airbrushed look at last :-) has great staying power and the powder is very light and not heavy in the slightest. You really can't go wrong its totally fool proof. I've been using the same pot for over a year and their is still half left!

on 4/30/2013 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this when the store was having a 50% off sale on make up products, so I got this for around $8. Love this product! It's such a pretty golden bronze colour. A little goes a long way for this product! It looks pretty shimmery at first, but it has just the right amounts of shimmer when applied to your face. My skin is medium toned, so I can get away with putting this all over my face to make myself look tanner, without even turning orange!

Popular Bronzers