September 21, 2014 | 1610 users online

Blush - MAC - Satin - Her Blooming Cheek (A Tartan Tale)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/1/2013 11:16:00 PM More reviews by hiiixox3

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this blush. I actually received it as a gift, so I'm unsure what the price was at the time. This is a limited edition blush. It's a very bright hot fuchsia pink. It's very pigmented, so it does need to be applied with a light hand. I tend to take a flat top brush (i.e. E.L.F.'s powder brush of their studio line [$3 USD]), place the bristles on top, and wiggle the brush a bit to pick up the pigment. After that, I dab some of the excess onto the back of my hand and then apply it on the upper part of my cheek. I have, I suppose, plushy cheeks (I'm told very pinchable, haha) and I do not put blush at the apples of my cheeks; I use it to provide a flush of color while slimming my face structure a bit... hence, I find that putting it directly under my cheekbone, towards my hairline to be the most flattering application for myself.

I definitely recommend this product for most skintones; when applied very lightly, paler skintones can pull this off and darker skintones can apply this wonderfully. It really is a great blush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2012 4:13:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This has to be the most pigmented blush I have ever owned. It`s such a gorgeous bright fuchsia pink that is surprisingly easy to wear and stays on for such an incredible long time. I can`t imagine ever using this up, but if I were to lose it I would hunt eBay for another.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by makeupphilanderer

I absolutely love this blush. Got it at the CCO several months ago. This blush is very very pigmented. When applied lightly it gives my cheeks the most lovely natural glow. If I applied it a little more heavily but still very light, I achieve the look of a China doll. I'm very pale so I have to be careful not to apply too much. I doubt I'll ever finish it but I definitely would repurchase if I ever run out and MAC brings it back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2011 5:24:00 PM More reviews by habakuktwo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

If this weren't discontinued I would def buy this again. This is the perfect blush for dark skinned women NC50-NW47. It's bright in the pan but with a light hand it gives the perfect pink flush. It's also great for those with cool undertones. This was from the Tartan Tale collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2011 6:58:00 AM More reviews by gina2328

I wish this was not limited edition. I have two backups of this now, as I just purchased one on Ebay. This lovely blush is the only one I have ever owned that does not oxidize on my face, every blush I have ever owned turned orange after a short time, period. Not only that, it will last a very long time, I only need to tap my powder blush into the container lightly two or three times and apply, and voila, I have the most lovely flushed natural looking cheeks. I am NW20.

I hope Mac brings this back.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by lauradi

LOVE. So pretty, no shimmer, and every single time I open up the compact I get so happy at the bright pink that greets me.

I'm quite pale with green eyes and lots of dark, curly hair. It gave me a fresh-scrubbed look, made my eyes seem brighter, made my skin look porcelain instead of sallow - very cute.

I can't get myself to go back to peaches and corals and light pinks even though its summer. I just love this.

I'm make-up-challenged, but bought the correct brush and its pretty easy to apply. I just stop right before I think I have enough on.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 10:09:00 AM More reviews by CocoChaneljeanelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

very bright fuchsia color. light hand is needed. looks very good on every skin tone. and the best part is...........................................................ITS SATIN!!!! ALMOST NO SHIMMER! i love very bright blushes that are either matte or have a satin finish. i dont like blushes that have shimmer but that's just me. would buy again but it was limited addition and is no longer sold at mac. i got mine through ebay and i payed alot for mine. anyway i really recommend this blush

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2011 5:08:00 PM More reviews by stephyrm12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is sooo pretty and pigmented. Looks amazing on my nc 30 skin. [: i would buy this again, but it takes so little for such a beautiful look, this will last me forever.
This makes me look like im glowing or just ran, but i blushed in just one specific place. lol
My HG blush is mac's cremeblend blush in Florida, and this is like Florida in a powder form. AMAZINGGGG.
I know this is pretty easily dupable though and mac is coming up with another one very similar and less red than this in an upcoing collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 12:42:00 PM More reviews by londonhermit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is such a great color. It's a bright matte fusicia and a little goes a long way. MAC blushes have a hard texture not soft like nars but that fine because the pigmentationa and color make up for it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2011 6:59:00 AM More reviews by Kasia_S

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this colour! It's such a wonderful bright pink and goes very well with my fair complexion and blue eyes. It's such a shame that it's a le product, what will I do when I finish it?