November 27, 2014 | 1547 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Shiseido - Refining Makeup Primer spf21

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by vanillafuzz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Best primer ever! It is on the expensive side but it makes my skin look so smooth and flawless.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by classywassy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This primer is great, I am glad that I had bought this product. I went to the chemist to try find a cure for my acne prone skin. They suggested a awesome primer that will protect my face from the make-up I use completely! It creates a great barrier. I took off one lippy on the price because it really does break the bank. I use quite a bit of it just for a full protection. It just smooths out any type of foundation, but the Shiseido foundation is just perfect. Will definitely buy Shiseido again even though it is pricey but because you really want too look after your skin, inside and out:)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I really want to love this primer, but it has one flaw to me and it just messes up the whole thing. Its that pink-white color of it. Is it supposed to make your complexion brighter? or just your face pinker-paler. that's what it does to me, every time. I wore this and my boyfriend and a friend of mine asked me why was my face so pale. NO it was not my foundation, it was the primer because it was the only thing that I changed up. My face looks....off... Ive had this primer for several months now and I hardly use it because of its off putting color. I am NC40-42, I cannot imagine people darker than me using this with no problems, it would look ashy. This would be great for other people, like people with paler skin perhaps, or a different undertone than mine because mine is very yellow. Anyways, JUST the color of this does not work, such a shame.... Besides that, let me go on to the many GOOD things about this:

PORE MINIMIZING! It fills everything in and makes it smooth. It has SPF which is great, maybe not so great for photos perhaps. Does not make me oily or dry. It is thick, creamy, but bit hard to blend in and if you dont blend in well like the edges of your face like your hairline it will show(because of that pinky-white color but maybe if your pale or skin not like mine its ok)! Blended, this Makes my makeup much last longer and go on smoother, beautifully.

I really like you Shiseido, you still have my loyalty, but this product is just not right!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 6:02:00 PM More reviews by Icantrememberallmyaliases

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This primer isn't just a primer; it is also a very effective skincare product with a good amount of stable sun protection. Shiseido Refining Makeup Primer mattifies the skin, smooths it out, prepares it for foundation, and evens out your skin tone. Because of its ability to even out the skin tone, it can actually be worn alone without foundation, should you wish.

Shiseido's Refining Makeup Primer keeps my makeup in one place all day, and prevents smudging, which I really appreciate because my skin is so oily that I tend to sweat my MU off so quickly. There isn't much else to say about this product, except that I think it's great!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got a full sized tube of this primer with a terrific "purchase with purchase" when I bought Sheer and Perfect foundation. The "purchase with purchase" included the Shiseido foundation brush, which is probably my favourite foundation brush and I'd been planning to get a 2nd one in any case. Considering that this PwP cost less than another brush on its own, and had several other full sized and trial sized products, it was a value I couldn't pass up.

As with many products sold in Canada, this primer says NOTHING about SPF and I've tossed the box and leaflet so can't refer back to those with regard to ingredients or claims. So it's "just" a foundation primer. The packaging is nice - a tube with a pointy tip. The product is a lovely pearly pink/beige when it comes out of the tube (think along the lines of MAC Strobe Cream) but applies invisibly. It does a lovely job of "refining" the surface of my skin and I even like this worn without any foundation at all over top. It blurs the look of pores and lines and feels very nice - not at all heavy or greasy. However, it will ball up if you rub too much, which is a drawback. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this or not - the lack of SPF (at least in Canada) and the tendency to "ball up" combine to mean that this isn't ever likely to be my favourite primer but, all in all, it's not a bad product and I'm glad I was able to get a full sized tube basically for free.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 2:48:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had seen some great reviews on this and had been wanting it for quite a while when I got a deluxe sample from Sephora.com. I should have read the ingredients before I even tried this. This has dimethicone in it which is an ingredient that is horrible for acne. I was fine for the first 2 uses, but after that I started to get the typical white bumps on my forehead especially. I stuck through it for a few more uses, but just got worse so I stopped. For my acne skin I would not use this again, but for someone without it might be a good primer. This went on smoothly and is more of a liquid. It comes in an easy dispensing tube that stood up on its own. I wish I loved this like everyone else does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2013 12:21:00 PM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I had a few generous samples of this to try out from my local Shiseido counter. This is one of the nicest primers I've tried. I am not really a fan of the thicker "spackle" type primers. They always seem to clog my pores. This one doesn't.

It 's a very thin consistency, and spreads evenly and quickly and does help to blur the pores but more by "glossing" over them, than by filling them in. I love that this is so very lightweight that you don't even feel it. The product is slightly tinted a pale pinkish/nude color and helps to even out skin tone, along with providing a smooth base for foundation. As another reviewer stated, you must work quickly with this and you can apply your foundation almost immediately over it. It comes in a simple black squeeze type tube with a more needle like dispenser so a small amount can be dispensed easily.

So far I have not experienced any breakouts or irritation with this product. I would say this is a good product for anyone who needs a good primer for under makeup, but doesn't want anything too heavy.

I have since purchased a second tube of this product. It is pricey @ $31.00 USD, but the product does last a very long time. Very little is needed to cover pores and even skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2013 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Lexus95

Before I bought this, I used Tom Ford's and was disappointed. After reading several reviews, I decided to give this a try. I'm Japanese, but I sort of avoided Shiseido almost all my life, since I thought it was too cliche (stupid and unfounded, I know).

Anyhow, it has a rather dry, silky finish (you need to spread it quickly) and visibly brightens and evens out my complexion. I like its dry finish, since I don't need to wait for it to dry before applying liquid foundation (this is important on hectic mornings).

I have oily & shiny T-zone, but I can tell that my foundation lasts longer and my complexion look better. It has a pinkish tone, but it doesn't seem to interfere with the color of foundation, provided that you don't smear it.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/28/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by atlanta

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This made my 52 year old face look even older. On a good day I can pass for early 40's. With this primer under my Bobbi Brown foundation my laugh lines were in stark relief plus the yellow tone to this primer gave me the dreaded makeup line along my chin ( I don't get this with foundation as BB has a very good match to my skin tone). I wore all day at home for trial to see if make up stayed on longer, did not notice difference. Returning and will try bbrown primer instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by jumbojuice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and so far I'm impressed. My powder last all day which is a first. Update: It made my face break out a bit, so now I use it on my eyelids. It works great though, my eyshadow is still on.
Removing one lippy because of the break out.
update 2; not really that good, wouldn't buy it.