December 17, 2014 | 1898 users online

Eyeliner - Hard Candy - Hot Smudge in Dropout

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Meh...this product was just okay to me, nothing special. This is the first time I have tried cream eyeliners, and I don't think I'm fan. The brown goes on pretty good, but the purple wasn't very pigmented. It also smudges as you are trying to go over it to make it darker. It's like the dry-erase marker effect...sort of annoying. This might be good for those who aren't great at applying liquid liner, since it's easier to make a straight, smooth line. I don't think I'd buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2011 3:15:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow! Can't believe this hasn't gotten more reviews! Love this, the packaging, the product itself, both colors and even the angled eyeliner brush this comes with.
There are two cream like consistency shades - a warm chocolate brown that actually looks chocolate brown when you put it on - the other shade is a deep warm plum shade which I absolutely love as well! I can't pull off "cool" toned colors so both these shades compliment my green eyes perfectly.
Love the consistency of this cream liner, it goes on smoothly and doesnt dry too quickly which makes it super easy to build the color and to move it around until you've got it right (if that makes any sense). I have used this on my waterline as well and it has not irritated my sensitive eyes. I have stocked up and purchased a ton of these on EBAY but I'm stil on my first one, use this almost daily and not even close to finishing the brown side which I use more and it doesn't dry out at all! The brush it comes with is even good as it has the angled brush on one side and a smudger on the other.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2010 6:01:00 AM More reviews by devlynaskurt

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this based on karen's review of the rocker chick color on makeupandbeautyblog.com. dropout is a combo of chocolate brown and a deep purple, and i wear one or the other at least once a week. for $6, i think it's a great value.

i use whatever benefit creaseless cream i feel like (usually hunny bunny or rsvp) and i top with whatever eyeshadow i feel like and then use my ecotools angled eyeliner brush to apply. if i'm on the road, then i use the brush provided with the kit. either color is true to pan on me and very easy to apply. so far, i've only done a cat eye; i haven't tried smudging the eyeliner. i find that both the purple and the brown last all day on me without smudging unless i rub my eyelid. and what i mean by all day is 7:30 am til at least 7pm, if not as late as 10pm.

i haven't tried using hot smudge without a primer but i generally don't wear eyeshadow of any sort unless i've got a primer or benefit creaseless cream underneath, so i don't know what these would look like or how how well they would wear over time without a primer.

the bottom line is that for me, these are a great value, a cinch to use and last quite long on my eye. love them so much that i went back to get two more. i should point out that i avoid shopping at walmart for ethical reasons and shop there only for products i can't get anywhere else. i love these eyeliners that much!