November 29, 2014 | 961 users online

Makeup Brushes - bh cosmetics make-up brushes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2014 6:17:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I only mainly have 3 kinds of brushes (BH, Sonia Kashuk, & elf..... A few others I've collected thru the years too but those are the main 3), I can safely say at 1st the 36 piece brush set was a bit intimidating! I still use my BH travel eye set brushes (I have the 36 piece set & the 4 dual ended travel eye set), more because I just am too lazy to unroll my 36 piece brush set & search for the proper brush when I am in a total hurry, but this brand of brushes are awesome! I love that every brush I could ever want or need is covered in the 36 piece set & they are all conveniently & neatly tucked away in a faux leather pouch for easy travel, doesn't take up a lot of space, & are all organized together so I don't lose any which is why I like them better than the 15 piece (15th anniv purple brush set from target) SK set coz that didn't come w an organizer/travel pouch. I won't misplace any of them because except for the bent eyeliner brush they all stay in their respective slots in the organizer! I store the bent eyeliner brush w my jar of INGLOT gel fwiw but these brushes are of super good quality, even if you have amassed a collection of brushes through the years, invariably it's still fun to get new brushes & some oldies-but-favorite-goodies get lost, damaged, shedding, unable to clean, etc. so a girl ought to treat urself to a set of the 36 brushes! They are $32, comparable to elf in price, but I feel the quality is superior & any makeup even cheap can be made to work when you have the proper tools. BH & Coastal Scents are my fave brands *right now atm* & I would be interested to hear any comparison/contrast between these 2 company's brush sets if any1 has both kinds. I would def repurchase & these would make fabulous gifts for bday or holiday or just-because for your fave gal pal or young diva you know whom is an aspiring makeup-maven!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by MercedesMoore

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love their makeup brushes! They are really affordable for the price and are great for experimenting with different looks!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by NicoleLov3ly

After reading a ton of reviews I decided to purchase some for myself and my Makeup Kit as well. I purchased the 12pc classic and the 24pc synthetic.

They came In a leather roll, which is great for storage and were individually wrapped.

These brushes are long and the bristles are super soft. The eye brushes are kind of small and I would like to see more bristles on them.

For the price point they are great and definitely keep some of them in my MUA kit but not all of them. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Eyeshadowsaremydrug0076

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AMAZING! Now I've tried Mac,sigma all kinds of brushes, but I have a full set of BH brushes in my jar. your just getting so much bang for your Buck! They're super soft and never have ever shedded on me in a whole year they don't get to look terribly dirty and there easy to wash. its an winning situation honestly

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2013 1:53:00 AM More reviews by Iammelody

I was not expecting much out of these. They don't seem to get a lot of love on the boards, and my impression was they're probably going to shed. However they had some good sale prices so I decided why not try anyway. I chose the smudge brush, highlighter face brush and the all-over brush. The quality and placement of the hairs are great, and mine haven't shed more than any other brush would. They feel nice in your hands and do not seem cheap at all. They pick up and distribute the product very well. I'm happy to have tried them, and ill probably be getting more in the future. It's a great opportunity if your just starting with makeup or you want to experiment with different techniques but not ready to drop a fortune. You won't be sacrificing quality either.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by AUSSIEMUMMA

Great range of brushes for makeup beginners and those on a budget. Good for getting a kit started. Impressive for the price. BH cosmetics offer worldwide shipping

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by mymkup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I LOVE my bh brushes! And I have maybe a little over a hundred, from essence of beauty to Chanel and Hakuhodo. I have two of the red brush sets because I love it so much. The two eyeshadow brushes are perfectly rounded at the tip, very dense, and pick up a lot of product. They're in faves for packing color on the lid and I love having them in two different sizes. The order brushes AWESOME. Super soft and dense. Great for pressed powder, heavier loose powder (not MUFE HD or Laura Mercier loose powder). I also use it to blend or buff out my blush and contour. The spoolie's cool just a tad sparse for my taste but still useful. The blush brush is good but mine is shaped more like a shovel than a paddle, meaning that it's not rounded. And it's on the larger size so I usually only use the tip to contour. It's not as soft as the powder brush for some reason but maybe it's because I use the powder brush more. I do love the two synthetic brushes too. I use them for cream shadows or shaping my brows with concealer. Im just guessing based on the other brushes I have in my collection but I think the blush and powder brush is white goat hair and the two shader brushes are weasel. They're a tiny bit lighter than my Mac brushes and the smaller brushes are definitely shorter but well constructed and none of the ferrules have loosened up even with constant use and washing. The bh logo is kinda just painted on to the handle so they're mostly rubbed off but I don't care, they're beautiful. I love the red handles.
Oh! And if you do decide to order from bh you must get the fan brush! I think it's the one brush I use EVERY AINGLE DAY to sweep off any fall out (shadow, glitter, mascara) on my face. It's soft enough where it doesn't disrupt my makeup. I'm sure there's other uses for it but that's what I use it for you.
Bottom line, great value, I couldn't be happier.
Last thing - I did have to condition the two powder brushes so they would get really soft. But now I only condition them once a month or so. But I'm a freak, I'm always washing brushes even though I know it's not good for them.
Hope this helps!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

Love their brushes, they're super soft, don't loose many brissels! :) But the brushes are probably the ONLY thing I'd buy from them.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:44:00 AM More reviews by Chipstah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First of all I love BH cosmetics. Maybe not so much of the palettes. Anyway I purchased the set of 10 red brushes and they are AWESOME! For the price that you pay for including the pouch is INCREDIBLE. I definitely recommend this to anyone. I think paying $36 for 1 brush is ridiculous. I also bought the Kabuki brush and it's just so soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by emilyannh

I purchased this brush set with the 120 eyeshadow 3rd edition palette. The price is great and the brushes are all soft and don't scratch or irritate my face. The eyeshadow brushes are lovely and do their job well. My only gripe is the big fluffy face brush sheds HORRIBLY. Maybe there was just something wrong with the one I purchased. Everyone else seems to not have that issue. I have tried washing it and everything. Other than that the set is great.