NARS Sex Appeal

4.2

on 5/19/2015 7:35:00 PM

Sex Appeal is one of my favorite summer and in general blusher. About me NW20, N1, NARS Monte Blanc, YSL BR20, green eyes, blonde hair, very cool undertones for reference. This is my favorite peach blush because it's a true light peach that looks so natural on me. I use my Yachiyo to apply but my little MAC contour brush works great applying this as well. I like to wear this with a purple smokey eye or even with simple mu. It's a great no makeup, makeup blush that I would think would not show up very well on darker skin tones. To me it's really a pale girls blush. On me it looks like my natural cheek colour and it lasts all day with no real need for touch ups. I like to collect blushes and this is one of my favorites. It looks so natural and fresh on me. I love how long it lasts and the shade is a so pretty on. If you want a true light peach blush this is most definitely one to get. Recommend!

on 4/23/2015 12:30:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This blush is a lovely, subtle colour that probably only really works for people with very light skin. It's the first blush I have ever hit pan on.

On me it brightens up my skin and makes me look healthier, without looking like "blush". I usually apply it over a BB cream to add some colour back to my skin when I'm doing "no-makeup" makeup.

on 3/19/2015 6:17:00 PM

i have pale skin (mac nc/nw 10), almost-black brown hair and brownish-greenish eyes.
the blush itself is a coraly- peachy light-but-bright wonder.
i love this blush, it makes me look awake and healthy and i don't need to be super careful while applying because it's a very light color. doesn't look flat or powdery on the skin, no shimmer.
great every day color that goes with everything, it's my go-to blush.

on 3/16/2015 11:30:00 AM

It is the best powder blush I've ever put on my fair skin. I love how it applies, love the fact that I can keep applying it and it won't turn me into an overdone doll. As I said, my skin is very fair (most brands don't even offer a foundation light enough for me) and this blush is perfect. Not only does it show up on me but I actually managed to over-apply it once (but it also can be easily toned down with a clean brush). I would like to mention that since it's a powder blush, it should be used on top on a powder to get smooth application. I once used it on top of a BB cream and it went on patchy but I don't think it's the product's fault. Liquid foundations call for cream blushes, not powder ones. I will repurchase. It's a dream product for fair-skinned girls like me.

on 2/15/2015 10:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Love, love, LOVE this blush! I am incredibly fair and finding the right shade of blush for my skin tone can be a nightmare. For fair skin it is *the* perfect shade for a natural glow. Next to impossible to overdo, great for day or night. This is my HG blush. Plus, I love that it has no shimmer, which is hard to find in the NARS blush range.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This blush was a surprise for me. I thought that it would not show up, even on my fair skin, but it did. It adds a nice touch of colour, and lasts all day. The quality is definitely there. I use this blush when I want to emphasize my eyes, or lips, so I don't draw too much attention to my cheeks. I probably won't ever use the whole pan of blush, so I am unlikely to repurchase.

on 8/30/2014 7:15:00 AM

This is the peach version of Illa's Katie or MAC Well Dressed...a barely there peaches and cream flush (instead of a barely there pink flush). Even though I have issues with peaches (they tend to just come off orange on me - NW20 -pink with this weird warm under tone that brings out the orange/brown in anything), I think this is a brilliant blush. For all those fair skinned peaches and cream girls, this is the soft flush you have been looking for. Again, it didn't work for me but the blush itself is lovely! If you are an NW but can wear peaches without issues this would be lovely too...I just say yellow toned people because it seems like they don't have as many soft toned peach blush options out there like we do lately for soft pink toned blushes.

UPDATE: When I first tried this it was the dead of winter. But now as I try this in early summer it is sitting much better on me. I stand by My original review...this is a lovely blush.

on 8/30/2014 6:34:00 AM

Yay calling all fair and pale girls such as myself - this is a blush we can finally go crazy with and not turn ourselves into a clown!

My skin is NC 15 - maybe a little more fair in the winter and slightly more tanned in the summer and this gem of a blush works perfectly for me all year around. Finally a blush I can apply more liberally, this gives the most natural and pretty peachy soft pink glow to my cheeks.

I love to apply this with my ELF flat top brush and really buff it into my cheeks so it looks like slightly flushed glowing from within skin. This blush pairs nicely for a natural less is more look, or as something subtle when your'e not wanting your cheeks to compete with a heavier eye look.

This is sure to be a repurchase.

on 3/6/2014 11:04:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I just recently started getting into blush as I have very fair skin and always thought blush made me look sun burnt. I wanted to add more color to my face and this looked like the perfect color, so true! I love it, it's a light peachy pink color and very hard (if not impossible) to over do. It gives my skin a healthy natural look and has made me fall in love with blush!

on 1/12/2014 1:34:00 AM

This is my first high end blush. My mother nagged me for years to put some color on my cheeks so as to not look so washed-out, but many blushes are too dark/obvious on my fair skin (most likely NC15). I read that this color seems to have been formulated specifically for us porcelain-skinned girls and doesn't have much payoff for anyone much darker than NC/NW 20. As someone who finds the art of blush application deceptively difficult, I am pleased that it's virtually impossible to overdo it with Sex Appeal. I love the matte powdery finish and natural glow it provides. It's certainly pricy but lasts a good while. I do tan pretty well in the summer so I skipped it during those months because I knew it wouldn't show up.

Popular Blush Products